    great with the D100. What could be the problem?

    Thanks,

    Rob

    TravisMLC, Nov 8, 2003

  2. "TravisMLC" <> wrote in message
    news:nbcrb.17164$...
    > I just purchased a D100. A few years back, I purchased an N90s along with

    > used Nikkor 28-70 3.5-4.5 D AF. The lens still works great with the N90s,
    > but when I try to use it with the D100, I get a flashing FEE error
    > indicating the aperture ring isn't locked on the smallest setting.

    Clean contacts?

    Larry

    Lawrence L'Hote, Nov 8, 2003

  3. TravisMLC

    TravisMLC Guest

    > Clean contacts?
    >
    > Larry

    They look good visually. What would I use to clean them - alcohol & cotton
    swab?

    rob

    TravisMLC, Nov 8, 2003
  4. TravisMLC

    Clanger Guest

    It's rather odd that it works with the N90s if the contacts are not clean.
    Alcohol is the correct cleaning agent if you want to try this.

    Clanger, Nov 8, 2003
  5. "TravisMLC" <> wrote in message
    > > Clean contacts?
    > >
    > > Larry
    > >

    > They look good visually. What would I use to clean them - alcohol &

    cotton
    > swab?

    That's what I would use on the lens contacts. In trying to get my 5700
    flash fixed, I had a good experience with the people at Nikon customer
    service via internet. Y,ou mentioned you had recently purchased the
    D-100(I have too), FWIW I found Thom Hogan's e-book _Complete Guide to the
    Nikon D100_ far more help than the Dennis Curtin _Nikon D100 Photography_
    'course.'

    Larry

    Lawrence L'Hote, Nov 8, 2003
  6. TravisMLC

    Roy G. Biv Guest

    I do not own a D100, but from what I know of Nikon: if you look at the D100
    from the front, is there a small tab on the left hand side of the lens
    mount? I believe the lens also has a tab that contacts the body tab when set
    to minimum aperture. If not, the body acts as if the lens were not set to
    minimum aperture. The N90s doesn't have such a tab, which could be why the
    lens works fine on it.
    Hope this helps.
    Sorry but due to spam I cannot give a valid e-mail address. Please reply to
    group with questions or comments.

    Roy G. Biv, Nov 8, 2003
  7. TravisMLC

    TravisMLC Guest

    Roy G. Biv" <> wrote in message
    > I do not own a D100, but from what I know of Nikon: if you look at the

    D100
    > from the front, is there a small tab on the left hand side of the lens
    > mount? I believe the lens also has a tab that contacts the body tab when

    set
    > to minimum aperture. If not, the body acts as if the lens were not set to
    > minimum aperture. The N90s doesn't have such a tab, which could be why the
    > lens works fine on it.
    > Hope this helps.
    > Sorry but due to spam I cannot give a valid e-mail address. Please reply

    > group with questions or comments.

    Thanks Mr. Biv. This was the problem. There is a tab on the aperture ring
    that broke off. The missing tab had no impact on the N90, but the lens
    won't work without it on the D100.

    Does anyone know whether this is a big deal to fix? I guess it needs a new
    ring. Is this a big job or a little one? How much should I expect to have
    to pay?

    Rob

    TravisMLC, Nov 10, 2003