    Any suggestions as to how such pictures should be taken or an explanation of
    the orange flames

    Thanks
    Tony, Dec 22, 2003

  2. This may be the usual light pollution that occure at night above a city.
    I've been to Hong Kong myself once, and if there are clouds above the city
    they tend to reflect a small portion of the light from the city. The fact
    that it's underexposed when you shoot in normal mode would explain that you
    don't get the orange glare in those shots.

    Would be nice to see the pics though.

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > Am new to the group. Recently purchased a Pentax optio s4 camera. I

    recently
    > took some pictures in night mode from a building high up in hong kong,
    > looking down on the skyline. However the picture looks like there are

    orange
    > flames in the sky. This is where its picked up the stret lighting. If I

    take

    Rune Austefjord, Dec 22, 2003