    A secondary question - Would I cause copy right violations if I gave
    the photographers name and quoted his exact remarks with quotation
    marks? With thanks.
    zxcvar, Sep 1, 2003

  2. zxcvar

    Ruth Guest

    Re: Night shots are better with digital camera- No film vs cameradebate

    I would think not, as long as you quote him as the person who gave the
    remarks and where you found it... It's called referencing. It's done in
    books all the time :)

    Ruth, Sep 1, 2003

  3. zxcvar

    Howard Guest

    Want to see some GOOD NIGHT SHOTS? Kodak dx4900

    full album is loaded, but the Bellagio Fountains and NY NY by night are nice
    photos.

    ALL done with a DX4900 KODAK, hand held and no enhancements using software

    http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=A6486D37120&cb=PA

    --

    In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
    THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!
    Howard, Sep 1, 2003
  4. zxcvar

    JK Guest

    zxcvar wrote:

    > Greetings! I am reading an article in a magazine called Digital Photo
    > Pro. In page 76, one of the photographers of Sports Illustrated said
    > that the photographs are just better from the digital camera
    > particularly the night shots. There is no comparison to the film. Can
    > one explain this to me?

    The sample photos I have seen from the 10D at 800 ISO looked very nice.
    Even the 1600 ISO images looked pretty decent. Images on ISO 800
    film, and especially ISO 1600 film are not so nice looking.

    > Incidentally this photographer uses Canon
    > 10Ds.
    > A secondary question - Would I cause copy right violations if I gave
    > the photographers name and quoted his exact remarks with quotation
    > marks? With thanks.

    Probably not, if you only quoted a small part of the article you read
    it in, and provided a link to that article. That is my opinion.
    JK, Sep 1, 2003
  5. zxcvar

    gr Guest

    "zxcvar" <> wrote
    > Greetings! I am reading an article in a magazine called Digital Photo
    > Pro. In page 76, one of the photographers of Sports Illustrated said
    > that the photographs are just better from the digital camera
    > particularly the night shots. There is no comparison to the film. Can
    > one explain this to me? Incidentally this photographer uses Canon
    > 10Ds.

    Garbage. Try taking a several-hour exposure of the night sky from a very
    dark location, then tell me that digital is better than film.
    gr, Sep 1, 2003