Night photography pictures

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tim, Nov 19, 2006.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Tim, Nov 19, 2006

  2. Tim

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:44:18 GMT, "Tim" <no > wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >Just randomly stumbled on this URL and thought I'd share, a lot of you who
    >are into night photography have probably seen it but I thought it deserved
    >posting in case some of you haven't
    >I thought it was a good site, apart from the stoopid enter link on the top
    >LH side
    >
    >http://www.uknights.photolucid.com/
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Tim

    In Firefox, the "E N T E R" link is in the lower right corner.
    Does IE turn the page upside-down? :)
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Nov 19, 2006

  3. Tim

    Mark² Guest

    Bill Funk wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:44:18 GMT, "Tim" <no > wrote:
    >

    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> Just randomly stumbled on this URL and thought I'd share, a lot of
    >> you who are into night photography have probably seen it but I
    >> thought it deserved posting in case some of you haven't
    >> I thought it was a good site, apart from the stoopid enter link on
    >> the top LH side
    >>
    >> http://www.uknights.photolucid.com/
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Tim

    > In Firefox, the "E N T E R" link is in the lower right corner.
    > Does IE turn the page upside-down? :)

    In Firefox 2, it's in the upper left...
    ?

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Nov 19, 2006
  4. Tim

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <sG58h.5571$>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    wrote:

    > Bill Funk wrote:
    > > On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:44:18 GMT, "Tim" <no > wrote:
    > >

    > >> Hi all
    > >>
    > >> Just randomly stumbled on this URL and thought I'd share, a lot of
    > >> you who are into night photography have probably seen it but I
    > >> thought it deserved posting in case some of you haven't
    > >> I thought it was a good site, apart from the stoopid enter link on
    > >> the top LH side
    > >>
    > >> http://www.uknights.photolucid.com/
    > >>
    > >> Cheers
    > >>
    > >> Tim

    > > In Firefox, the "E N T E R" link is in the lower right corner.
    > > Does IE turn the page upside-down? :)

    > In Firefox 2, it's in the upper left...
    > ?

    As it is in 3.0a1.

    Firefox (or Safari, for that matter) is (are) FAR more likely to render
    pages according to proper W3 standards than _any_ MS product is. (MS
    motto: "Standards? What standards? We'll make our own, enforce them
    on our users, and hope that they become defacto because everyone else
    will get tired of having to special case code because of us!"
    Additional corollary: "HIGs? What are HIGs? On Windoze, we don' need
    no steekin' HIGs!")

    Ken Lucke, Nov 19, 2006
  5. Tim

    Mark² Guest

    Ken Lucke wrote:
    > In article <sG58h.5571$>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Bill Funk wrote:

    >>> In Firefox, the "E N T E R" link is in the lower right corner.
    >>> Does IE turn the page upside-down? :)

    >> In Firefox 2, it's in the upper left...
    >> ?

    > As it is in 3.0a1.

    I don't suppose you know if there's a way to get Firefox 2 to show CNN.com
    videos, do you??
    -A pet peeve since changing to version 2...

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Nov 19, 2006
  6. Tim

    Paul Heslop Guest

    "Mark²" wrote:

    > Bill Funk wrote:
    > > On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:44:18 GMT, "Tim" <no > wrote:
    > >

    > >> Hi all
    > >>
    > >> Just randomly stumbled on this URL and thought I'd share, a lot of
    > >> you who are into night photography have probably seen it but I
    > >> thought it deserved posting in case some of you haven't
    > >> I thought it was a good site, apart from the stoopid enter link on
    > >> the top LH side
    > >>
    > >> http://www.uknights.photolucid.com/
    > >>
    > >> Cheers
    > >>
    > >> Tim

    > > In Firefox, the "E N T E R" link is in the lower right corner.
    > > Does IE turn the page upside-down? :)

    > In Firefox 2,

    is that like 'Revenge of the Firefox'? :O)

    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    Paul Heslop, Nov 20, 2006
  7. Tim

    Mark² Guest

    Paul Heslop wrote:
    > "Mark²" wrote:
    >>
    >> Bill Funk wrote:

    >>> In Firefox, the "E N T E R" link is in the lower right corner.
    >>> Does IE turn the page upside-down? :)

    >> In Firefox 2,

    > is that like 'Revenge of the Firefox'? :O)

    "IN A WORLD...WHERE INTERNET LINKS CRASH AND BURN...ONE LINK STANDS ALONE
    AGAINST THE ONSLAUGHT... FIREFOX 2...REVENGE OF THE IRON LINK..."

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Nov 20, 2006
  8. Tim

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <G968h.17009$>, Mark² <
    here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > Ken Lucke wrote:
    > > In article <sG58h.5571$>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    > > wrote:

    > >> In Firefox 2, it's in the upper left...
    > >> ?

    > > As it is in 3.0a1.

    > I don't suppose you know if there's a way to get Firefox 2 to show CNN.com
    > videos, do you??
    > -A pet peeve since changing to version 2...

    Only if you install Windoze Media Player 9. When the [non-functional]
    video page opens, click on Help, follow the links and install it, if
    its really important to you.

    Ken Lucke, Nov 20, 2006
  9. Tim

    Mark² Guest

    Ken Lucke wrote:
    > In article <G968h.17009$>, Mark² <
    > here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    >> Ken Lucke wrote:

    >>> As it is in 3.0a1.

    >> I don't suppose you know if there's a way to get Firefox 2 to show
    >> CNN.com videos, do you??
    >> -A pet peeve since changing to version 2...

    > Only if you install Windoze Media Player 9. When the [non-functional]
    > video page opens, click on Help, follow the links and install it, if
    > its really important to you.

    I already have Media Player 9...but no worky.
    :(
    Maybe re-install 9?

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Nov 20, 2006
  10. Tim

    Ronald Hands Guest

    Mark² wrote:

    > In Firefox 2, it's in the upper left...

    Not in my Firefox 2, it isn't. It's lower right. (Windows XP, SP2)

    -- Ron

    Ronald Hands, Nov 20, 2006
  11. Tim

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <DA68h.3373$>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    wrote:

    Snippage

    > > Only if you install Windoze Media Player 9. When the [non-functional]
    > > video page opens, click on Help, follow the links and install it, if
    > > its really important to you.

    > I already have Media Player 9...but no worky.
    > :(
    > Maybe re-install 9?

    Might help. The one thing I have noticed is that it takes an
    extraordinarily long time (in comparison) for stuff to load and play
    (and I'm working with a 7 mbps DSL line, which averages 500-600 mBps
    transfer rate). You might give it a few minutes to see if that's your
    problem. I know the first few times I tried, I just gave up - then I
    gave up without closing the window and went to work on some other
    stuff, and suddenly, a few minutes later, the video startled me by
    playing in the background.

    Ken Lucke, Nov 20, 2006
  12. Tim

    Mark² Guest

    Ken Lucke wrote:
    > In article <DA68h.3373$>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > Snippage
    >

    >>> Only if you install Windoze Media Player 9. When the
    >>> [non-functional] video page opens, click on Help, follow the links
    >>> and install it, if its really important to you.

    >> I already have Media Player 9...but no worky.
    >> :(
    >> Maybe re-install 9?

    > Might help. The one thing I have noticed is that it takes an
    > extraordinarily long time (in comparison) for stuff to load and play
    > (and I'm working with a 7 mbps DSL line, which averages 500-600 mBps
    > transfer rate). You might give it a few minutes to see if that's your
    > problem. I know the first few times I tried, I just gave up - then I
    > gave up without closing the window and went to work on some other
    > stuff, and suddenly, a few minutes later, the video startled me by
    > playing in the background.

    Annoying...as it always worked well...and quickly...with the previous
    Firefox.
    Worse...even though I created a restore point before installing version 2,
    when I revert back, Firefox doesn't run at all. -Seems teh upgrade to
    version 2 destroys something needed in a restoration to version 1.xx.
    :(
    Also... Microsoft doesn't list XP as a compatible OS for Media Player 9.
    Hmmm...
    Thanks for you input.

    -Mark²

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Nov 20, 2006
  13. Tim

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Heslop, Nov 20, 2006
  14. Mark² wrote:
    > Ken Lucke wrote:
    >> In article <DA68h.3373$>, Mark² < here)@cox..net>

    > Annoying...as it always worked well...and quickly...with the previous
    > Firefox.
    > Worse...even though I created a restore point before installing version 2,
    > when I revert back, Firefox doesn't run at all. -Seems teh upgrade to
    > version 2 destroys something needed in a restoration to version 1.xx.
    > :(
    > Also... Microsoft doesn't list XP as a compatible OS for Media Player 9.
    > Hmmm...
    > Thanks for you input.

    Of all ironies, Macs now play Windows Media stuff better than PCs.
    Whodda thunk?

    --
    John McWilliams

    I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm
    not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

    John McWilliams, Nov 20, 2006
  15. Tim

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:28:21 -0700, Bill Funk <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:44:18 GMT, "Tim" <no > wrote:
    >

    >>Hi all
    >>
    >>Just randomly stumbled on this URL and thought I'd share, a lot of you who
    >>are into night photography have probably seen it but I thought it deserved
    >>posting in case some of you haven't
    >>I thought it was a good site, apart from the stoopid enter link on the top
    >>LH side
    >>
    >>http://www.uknights.photolucid.com/
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>
    >>Tim

    >In Firefox, the "E N T E R" link is in the lower right corner.
    >Does IE turn the page upside-down? :)

    What's REALLY interesting is that in IE7, the word "ENTER" doesn't
    show up at all; the entire page is the <enter> link.
    And, check out the differences in mouse scrolling between Firefox
    (1.5.0.8) and IE7.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Nov 20, 2006
  16. Tim

    Tim Guest

    > On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:28:21 -0700, Bill Funk <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:44:18 GMT, "Tim" <no > wrote:
    >>

    >>> Hi all
    >>>
    >>> Just randomly stumbled on this URL and thought I'd share, a lot of
    >>> you who are into night photography have probably seen it but I
    >>> thought it deserved posting in case some of you haven't
    >>> I thought it was a good site, apart from the stoopid enter link on
    >>> the top LH side
    >>>
    >>> http://www.uknights.photolucid.com/
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>>
    >>> Tim

    >> In Firefox, the "E N T E R" link is in the lower right corner.
    >> Does IE turn the page upside-down? :)

    > What's REALLY interesting is that in IE7, the word "ENTER" doesn't
    > show up at all; the entire page is the <enter> link.
    > And, check out the differences in mouse scrolling between Firefox
    > (1.5.0.8) and IE7.

    FWIW The first time I viewed it was using Firefox 1.5.0.8 and had the enter
    link top left
    Just tried again now with a version of IE6 and got the same as Bill, the
    whole page was a live link.

    Tim
    --
    http://www.timdenning.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/