    I am going to purchase this movie there seems to be quite the number of
    editions out there......my question is, which one is the best as far as
    video and audio quality (and something not edited if those do exist)?

    TSKO, Oct 23, 2006

  2. TSKO

    Morgan Guest

    "TSKO" <> wrote in message
    news:%q5%g.2397$...
    > Tis the season for a good ole fashion horror flick.
    >
    > I am going to purchase this movie there seems to be quite the number of
    > editions out there......my question is, which one is the best as far as
    > video and audio quality (and something not edited if those do exist)?

    Get the Millenium Edition (it's in a red case). IMO, it has the clearest
    picture and the best extras.

    Morgan

    Morgan, Oct 23, 2006

  3. TSKO

    TSKO Guest

    Sounds good to me....I am sold (that was easy wasnt it?)

    TSKO, Oct 23, 2006
  4. TSKO

    Ken Cobb Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:31:44 -0700, "Morgan"
    <> wrote:

    >Get the Millenium Edition (it's in a red case). IMO, it has the clearest
    >picture and the best extras.
    >
    >Morgan

    Wait a minute. Is this the version with the HORRIBLE new footage shot
    just for it. The Elite version looked/sounded fine and nothing was
    messed with content wise. The one with the new footage was awful IMHO.

    James

    Ken Cobb, Oct 23, 2006
  5. TSKO

    TB Guest

    "Ken Cobb" wrote:

    >>Get the Millenium Edition (it's in a red case). IMO, it has the clearest
    >>picture and the best extras.
    >>
    >>Morgan
    >>

    > Wait a minute. Is this the version with the HORRIBLE new footage shot
    > just for it. The Elite version looked/sounded fine and nothing was
    > messed with content wise. The one with the new footage was awful IMHO.

    That's the 30th Anniversary edition. And yes, that one is to be avoided at
    all costs.

    T.B.

    TB, Oct 23, 2006
  6. TSKO

    jwb Guest

    "Ken Cobb" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:31:44 -0700, "Morgan"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Get the Millenium Edition (it's in a red case). IMO, it has the clearest
    >>picture and the best extras.
    >>
    >>Morgan
    >>

    > Wait a minute. Is this the version with the HORRIBLE new footage shot
    > just for it. The Elite version looked/sounded fine and nothing was
    > messed with content wise. The one with the new footage was awful IMHO.

    The Millennium edition is an upgrade to the Elite Edition - but no new
    footage (thankfully!)

    jwb, Oct 23, 2006
  7. TSKO

    TSKO Guest

    "jwb" <> wrote in message
    > "Ken Cobb" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:31:44 -0700, "Morgan"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Get the Millenium Edition (it's in a red case). IMO, it has the clearest
    >>>picture and the best extras.
    >>>
    >>>Morgan
    >>>

    >> Wait a minute. Is this the version with the HORRIBLE new footage shot
    >> just for it. The Elite version looked/sounded fine and nothing was
    >> messed with content wise. The one with the new footage was awful IMHO.

    > The Millennium edition is an upgrade to the Elite Edition - but no new
    > footage (thankfully!)

    Upon checking into it a bit further, the Millennium edition is supposedly
    the one to get. The Elite is the one with the messed up footage. From what
    I have read.

    TSKO, Oct 23, 2006
  8. TSKO

    Karl S Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:43:55 GMT, TSKO wrote:

    > Tis the season for a good ole fashion horror flick.
    >
    > I am going to purchase this movie there seems to be quite the number of
    > editions out there......my question is, which one is the best as far as
    > video and audio quality (and something not edited if those do exist)?

    Here is a comparison:
    http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare/nightlivingdead.htm

    It looks like the Elite edition is the Millennium edition. It has the
    highest bitrate so it might have the best picture.

    The 30th Anniversary Limited Edition has the new scenes and a new score.

    Karl S, Oct 24, 2006
  9. TSKO

    TSKO Guest

    "TSKO" <> wrote in message

    > "jwb" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ken Cobb" <> wrote in message

    >>> Wait a minute. Is this the version with the HORRIBLE new footage shot
    >>> just for it. The Elite version looked/sounded fine and nothing was
    >>> messed with content wise. The one with the new footage was awful IMHO.

    >> The Millennium edition is an upgrade to the Elite Edition - but no new
    >> footage (thankfully!)
    >>

    > Upon checking into it a bit further, the Millennium edition is supposedly
    > the one to get. The Elite is the one with the messed up footage. From
    > what I have read.

    Whoops..I rephrase that....the Millennium is from Elite Entertainment....

    The Anchor Bay is the one NOT to get

    TSKO, Oct 24, 2006
  10. TSKO

    Morgan Guest

    "Karl S" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:43:55 GMT, TSKO wrote:
    >
    >> Tis the season for a good ole fashion horror flick.
    >>
    >> I am going to purchase this movie there seems to be quite the number of
    >> editions out there......my question is, which one is the best as far as
    >> video and audio quality (and something not edited if those do exist)?

    > Here is a comparison:
    > http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare/nightlivingdead.htm
    >
    > It looks like the Elite edition is the Millennium edition. It has the
    > highest bitrate so it might have the best picture.
    >
    > The 30th Anniversary Limited Edition has the new scenes and a new score.

    Yes, definitely stay away from the Anchor Bay 30th. I'm embarassed that I
    own it...got it as a gift, but I asked for it. Back then I saw no reviews
    and I thought it was extra footage (deleted scenes), not newly shot footage.
    The score is absolutely awful--way too distracting. The Millenium Edition
    is so well done, it looks like it was shot recently, as opposed to nearly 40
    years ago. Enjoy!

    Morgan

    Morgan, Oct 24, 2006
  11. TSKO

    Guest

    Morgan wrote:

    > Yes, definitely stay away from the Anchor Bay 30th. I'm embarassed that I
    > own it...got it as a gift, but I asked for it. Back then I saw no reviews
    > and I thought it was extra footage (deleted scenes), not newly shot footage.
    > The score is absolutely awful--way too distracting. The Millenium Edition
    > is so well done, it looks like it was shot recently, as opposed to nearly 40
    > years ago. Enjoy!

    A UK daily newspaper is offering the film free this week. Not sure
    which version though! Could be the horrible one!

    , Oct 26, 2006
  12. TSKO

    Mr. Moe Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:43:55 GMT, "TSKO" <> wrote:

    >Tis the season for a good ole fashion horror flick.
    >
    >I am going to purchase this movie there seems to be quite the number of
    >editions out there......my question is, which one is the best as far as
    >video and audio quality (and something not edited if those do exist)?

    I have the dollar version put out by Digiview. You can sometimes find
    it at Wal-Mart. Good picture, good sound, no extras.
    Mr. Moe

    Mr. Moe, Oct 27, 2006