    For all I know, there's a dirty big fsckin' virus stuck onto
    the end of this message and if you're using a Microsfot product,
    then I'd say that you're fscked.

    zutroi, Jul 25, 2004

  2. zutroi

    MeatSack Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:26:24 GMT, zutroi <> wrote:

    >and if so, is it available on the likes of Amazon? i checked Amazon and
    >there is about 5 versions. i love zombie films and i want the best
    >version of this if possible.

    I faced a smiliar problem a year or so ago. The The best verion I
    found was the Millemiun Edition. This version has audio commentary by
    George Romero and several other people involved in the production of
    this film.

    Here is a link I found on a site to the DVD on amazon:
    http://tinyurl.com/63drv

    I woult totally avoid the 30th Anniversary Edition. This version as
    new footage added in which totally changes the movie, and not in a
    positive way.

    MeatSack, Jul 25, 2004

  3. zutroi

    JWB Guest

    "zutroi" <> wrote in message
    > and if so, is it available on the likes of Amazon? i checked Amazon and
    > there is about 5 versions. i love zombie films and i want the best
    > version of this if possible.

    The Millennium Edition. By a mile.

    JWB, Jul 25, 2004
  4. zutroi

    Wade365 Guest

    << The Millennium Edition. >><BR><BR>

    Long as that's the one in the red case, yeah... you DON'T want the one with the
    "extra footage" added in... *shiver*

    Wade365, Jul 25, 2004
  5. zutroi

    Poisonmail Guest

    << you DON'T want the one with the"extra footage" added in... *shiver* >>

    Yes. Avoid at all costs. My girlfriend had never seen the movie and I rented
    that version accidentally; it was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever
    seen. I can't imagine it was a sane person who decided the movie needed a
    psychotic PREACHER to explain everything.

    Anyway, the Millennium Edition with the red case and the gravestone on the
    front from Elite is indeed the best DVD; it has two commentaries which are very
    good and quite funny, and a few other neat extras (and some baffling ones).

    n.

    http://www.dusty-books.com

    Poisonmail, Jul 26, 2004
  6. zutroi

    Writer R5 Guest

    Elite Entertainment's "Night Of The Living Dead: Millennium Edition" is the
    best in Region One.
    GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
    http://www.genreonline.net
    Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster

    Writer R5, Jul 26, 2004
  7. zutroi

    zutroi Guest

    MeatSack wrote:
    > I faced a smiliar problem a year or so ago. The The best verion I
    > found was the Millemiun Edition. This version has audio commentary by
    > George Romero and several other people involved in the production of
    > this film.

    thanks heaps guys. your replies are exactly what i needed. excellent advice!

    --
    bob (rdr00)

    Outgoing mail is NOT certified Virus Free.

    zutroi, Jul 26, 2004
  8. I have the added footage version just as a curiousity9it's pretty
    silly). the red case Millienium edition is the definitive version.

    Although this version (that I've seen at Walmart)

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ref=sr_1_1/104-1558201-4114352?v=glance&s=dvd

    is not too bad. Fairly decent transfer(probabaly taken from laserdisc)
    but no extras. If you are not willing to go more than $10.00 this is the
    version to get. But the quality is nothing compared to:

    The Millienium edition is the one for the true movie lover with a state
    of the art transfer and great extras:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ref=sr_1_3/104-1558201-4114352?v=glance&s=dvd

    Michael Rogers, Jul 27, 2004