    comet's passing exterminates nearly all life. No disc details have
    been made available, but we expect an anamorphic transfer and Dolby
    Digital 2.0 Surround audio. Retail is $14.98.

    fredman, Dec 30, 2006

  2. fredman

    kaboom Guest

    On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:21:04 -0800, fredman
    <> wrote:

    >Jeeezuzzz! Finally -
    >
    >from DavisDVD news for Thursday 12/28/06:
    >
    >MGM Home Entertainment have just revealed that they will release the
    >cult classic Night of the Comet on March 6th, 2007. What if the only
    >people left alive in the world were Southern California teenagers?
    >That's the premise of this enjoyable sci-fi tale of two sisters who
    >must fend off zombie-like mutants and mysterious scientists after a
    >comet's passing exterminates nearly all life. No disc details have
    >been made available, but we expect an anamorphic transfer and Dolby
    >Digital 2.0 Surround audio. Retail is $14.98.

    **Well, holy crap and hallelujah but I'll be happy when it's actually
    in my hands.

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Dec 30, 2006

  3. kaboom wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:21:04 -0800, fredman
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Jeeezuzzz! Finally -
    >>

    >>from DavisDVD news for Thursday 12/28/06:

    >>MGM Home Entertainment have just revealed that they will release the
    >>cult classic Night of the Comet on March 6th, 2007. What if the only
    >>people left alive in the world were Southern California teenagers?
    >>That's the premise of this enjoyable sci-fi tale of two sisters who
    >>must fend off zombie-like mutants and mysterious scientists after a
    >>comet's passing exterminates nearly all life. No disc details have
    >>been made available, but we expect an anamorphic transfer and Dolby
    >>Digital 2.0 Surround audio. Retail is $14.98.

    > **Well, holy crap and hallelujah but I'll be happy when it's actually
    > in my hands.

    Is this one of the three 80's-cult "hostages" that were trapped in the
    semi-legit purgatory phantom-zone of Pacific Video, after "Final
    Countdown" was rescued?
    (Or am I thinking of "Night of the Creeps"?--I get my 80's New World
    B-movies confused.)

    ....If so, that leaves only "Monster Squad" and "KISS Meets the Phantom
    of the Park" left to go, and then we can pretend the whole incident
    never happened!

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Dec 30, 2006
  4. fredman

    kaboom Guest

    On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 20:47:32 -0500, Derek Janssen
    <> wrote:

    >kaboom wrote:
    >> On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:21:04 -0800, fredman
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Jeeezuzzz! Finally -

    >>>from DavisDVD news for Thursday 12/28/06:

    >>>MGM Home Entertainment have just revealed that they will release the
    >>>cult classic Night of the Comet on March 6th, 2007. What if the only
    >>>people left alive in the world were Southern California teenagers?
    >>>That's the premise of this enjoyable sci-fi tale of two sisters who
    >>>must fend off zombie-like mutants and mysterious scientists after a
    >>>comet's passing exterminates nearly all life. No disc details have
    >>>been made available, but we expect an anamorphic transfer and Dolby
    >>>Digital 2.0 Surround audio. Retail is $14.98.

    >> **Well, holy crap and hallelujah but I'll be happy when it's actually
    >> in my hands.

    >Is this one of the three 80's-cult "hostages" that were trapped in the
    >semi-legit purgatory phantom-zone of Pacific Video, after "Final
    >Countdown" was rescued?
    >(Or am I thinking of "Night of the Creeps"?--I get my 80's New World
    >B-movies confused.)

    **MGM is releasing "Solarbabies" on the same day :) I'd rather buy
    "Night of the Creeps." Yea, I think NOTC was part of the Pacific
    Family Entertainment trilogy.

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Dec 30, 2006