    Co-moderator, Yahoo Canon-350D list
    Workshops and seminars: http://www.thedigitalimagemaker.com/
    Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/
    Wayne J. Cosshall, Feb 5, 2007

  2. Wayne J. Cosshall

    kosh Guest

    Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Sorry to annoy you again with more of my infrared (lots, this time) but
    > I have put a new article up on night infrared photography with lots of
    > images:
    > http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=865

    actually, they can be quite interesting.... I think it was you who
    posted comet shots... one of them froma 350D IR conversion.....
    interesting results..... having never seen an IR shot of a comet thru a
    normal camera, the results were interesting
    kosh, Feb 5, 2007

  3. kosh wrote:
    > Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Sorry to annoy you again with more of my infrared (lots, this time)
    >> but I have put a new article up on night infrared photography with
    >> lots of images:
    >> http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=865
    >>

    > actually, they can be quite interesting.... I think it was you who
    > posted comet shots... one of them froma 350D IR conversion.....
    > interesting results..... having never seen an IR shot of a comet thru a
    > normal camera, the results were interesting

    Yup, that was me.

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    --
    Wayne J. Cosshall
    Wayne J. Cosshall, Feb 6, 2007
  4. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Joe Guest

    Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Sorry to annoy you again with more of my infrared (lots, this time) but
    > I have put a new article up on night infrared photography with lots of
    > images:
    > http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=865
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Wayne
    >
    > Wayne J. Cosshall
    > Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
    > Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
    > Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
    > http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
    > Co-moderator, Yahoo Canon-350D list
    > Workshops and seminars: http://www.thedigitalimagemaker.com/
    > Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/

    You have ever right too stick your chest out over those photo's
    Joe, Feb 9, 2007
  5. Wayne J. Cosshall, Feb 9, 2007
  6. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Mr.T Guest

    "Wayne J. Cosshall" <> wrote in message
    > Joe wrote:
    > > You have ever right too stick your chest out over those photo's

    > Thanks Joe, I think I'm getting comfortable with IR now and can get the
    > results I am looking for.

    Without wishing to personally criticise your efforts at all, I can't see
    anything that would make me want to convert a camera yet. A lot of the
    effects could be obtained more cheaply by other methods IMO. I think you are
    on the right track when you include more living material though. When I was
    experimenting with Ektachrome IR years ago, some of my favourite shots were
    of underwater coral.
    IR and UV is still a major tool for some industrial and forensic photography
    of course, but sunsets and cloud shots seem to miss the point IMO.

    Again this is just an opinion, not a personal attack (and I wish it didn't
    appear to be necessary to add such a rider in newsgroups these days)

    MrT.
    Mr.T, Feb 9, 2007
  7. Mr.T wrote:

    > Without wishing to personally criticise your efforts at all, I can't see
    > anything that would make me want to convert a camera yet. A lot of the
    > effects could be obtained more cheaply by other methods IMO. I think you are
    > on the right track when you include more living material though. When I was
    > experimenting with Ektachrome IR years ago, some of my favourite shots were
    > of underwater coral.
    > IR and UV is still a major tool for some industrial and forensic photography
    > of course, but sunsets and cloud shots seem to miss the point IMO.
    >
    > Again this is just an opinion, not a personal attack (and I wish it didn't
    > appear to be necessary to add such a rider in newsgroups these days)
    >
    > MrT.

    Hi MrT,

    I certainly wouldn't have taken that as a personal attack.

    Everyone obviously has to make up their own mind about how things relate
    to their photography. I am planning some more night IR testing to more
    fully explore this medium. For me, the conversion has been great. It
    means I can shoot handheld in the day, shoot moving subjects, like
    people, and freeze the motion if I want and shoot at night with 'normal'
    night exposures. I can also use my unconverted 400D if I want to do long
    exposure IR in the day, to blur trees in motion, for example. So for me
    it is the best of both worlds. For others, of course maybe not.

    There is nothing in photography that is right for everyone, and that is
    the beauty of it.

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    --