Night Court DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by henrichs_1@hotmail.com, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Does anyone know when Warner Home Video will release season 2 of Night
    Court will come out on DVD? Will it come out before the end of the
    year?

    How come Viacom/Paramount can release all of the recent Star Trek
    series' seasons within a year and half to 2 year span, but Sony, Warner
    Brothers, and Fox take forver to release the next season of TV shows
    that came out in the 80s or early 90s?

    Craig Henrichs
    , Sep 21, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Default_User Guest

    Because mid 40's something Trekies have never grown up and have no sense of
    proportion when it comes to spending money. (Heck, most probably still live
    with Momma). They will buy everything that says Star Tek on it regardless of
    whether they have the money or not. Can you say "plastic?" The rest of us
    budget ourselves to a reasonable amount of these many times frivalous
    entertainment purchases. There is no real reason to realease them all at
    once. Most of us would not buy them all at once. The Trekie nuts are another
    story.


    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know when Warner Home Video will release season 2 of Night
    > Court will come out on DVD? Will it come out before the end of the
    > year?
    >
    > How come Viacom/Paramount can release all of the recent Star Trek
    > series' seasons within a year and half to 2 year span, but Sony, Warner
    > Brothers, and Fox take forver to release the next season of TV shows
    > that came out in the 80s or early 90s?
    >
    > Craig Henrichs
    >
    Default_User, Sep 21, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Meng Guest

    Default_User wrote:
    > Because mid 40's something Trekies have never grown up and have no sense of
    > proportion when it comes to spending money. (Heck, most probably still live
    > with Momma). They will buy everything that says Star Tek on it regardless of
    > whether they have the money or not. Can you say "plastic?" The rest of us
    > budget ourselves to a reasonable amount of these many times frivalous
    > entertainment purchases. There is no real reason to realease them all at
    > once. Most of us would not buy them all at once. The Trekie nuts are another
    > story.
    >


    Ah, a stereotype generaliser. Yawn.
    Meng, Sep 21, 2005
    #3
  4. jayembee Guest

    wrote:

    > How come Viacom/Paramount can release all of the recent Star Trek
    > series' seasons within a year and half to 2 year span, but Sony, Warner
    > Brothers, and Fox take forver to release the next season of TV shows
    > that came out in the 80s or early 90s?


    Because Warner (for one) has a hell of a lot more product they're trying to
    release, and don't want to glut the market every week. Better for all concerned
    to spread the releases out.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Sep 21, 2005
    #4
  5. Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, jayembee
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    > > How come Viacom/Paramount can release all of the recent Star Trek
    > > series' seasons within a year and half to 2 year span, but Sony, Warner
    > > Brothers, and Fox take forver to release the next season of TV shows
    > > that came out in the 80s or early 90s?

    >
    > Because Warner (for one) has a hell of a lot more product they're trying to
    > release, and don't want to glut the market every week. Better for all
    > concerned
    > to spread the releases out.
    >

    Still, there are some shows that get one season released then are
    forgotten. WB seems to judge each show by the sales of the last box
    set.

    --
    Chris Mack "Refugee, total shit. That's how I've always seen us.
    'Invid Fan' Not a help, you'll admit, to agreement between us."
    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Sep 22, 2005
    #5
  6. jayembee Guest

    Invid Fan <> wrote:

    > Still, there are some shows that get one season released then are
    > forgotten. WB seems to judge each show by the sales of the last box
    > set.


    Is that unreasonable? They are a business. If one season of a given show
    doesn't sell very well, why should they release more money-losing seasons?

    To be honest, though, I can't think of any series that WB has abandoned.
    Certainly nothing that I've been buying. Columbia has. Fox has. But WB?

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Sep 22, 2005
    #6
  7. nomis Guest

    On 2005-09-21 23:03:12 -0400, jayembee <> said:

    > Invid Fan <> wrote:
    >
    >> Still, there are some shows that get one season released then are
    >> forgotten. WB seems to judge each show by the sales of the last box
    >> set.

    >
    > Is that unreasonable? They are a business. If one season of a given show
    > doesn't sell very well, why should they release more money-losing seasons?
    >
    > To be honest, though, I can't think of any series that WB has abandoned.
    > Certainly nothing that I've been buying. Columbia has. Fox has. But WB?
    >
    > -- jayembee


    Yeah! Damn Fox! I'm STILL waiting for season two of both Firefly and
    Wonderfalls.

    Fascists...
    --
    nomis

    http://www.oozingbrain.com
    nomis, Sep 22, 2005
    #7
  8. Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, jayembee
    <> wrote:

    > Invid Fan <> wrote:
    >
    > > Still, there are some shows that get one season released then are
    > > forgotten. WB seems to judge each show by the sales of the last box
    > > set.

    >
    > Is that unreasonable? They are a business. If one season of a given show
    > doesn't sell very well, why should they release more money-losing seasons?
    >

    I didn't say it was unreasonable, I was just stating what they seemed
    to do. Their treatment of animated shows has been interesting: the
    fourth and final Batman: TAS box set is finally due by the end of the
    year, but they're insisting on releasing newer shows like Teen Titans
    and Justice League as individual disks. No Batman Beyond set so far...

    --
    Chris Mack "Refugee, total shit. That's how I've always seen us.
    'Invid Fan' Not a help, you'll admit, to agreement between us."
    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Sep 22, 2005
    #8
  9. Jeff Rife Guest

    Invid Fan () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Their treatment of animated shows has been interesting: the
    > fourth and final Batman: TAS box set is finally due by the end of the
    > year, but they're insisting on releasing newer shows like Teen Titans
    > and Justice League as individual disks. No Batman Beyond set so far...


    Although I don't know why they have done things exactly this way,
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ reported that the Batman and Superman releases
    this year would be followed by season sets of Justice League and Batman
    Beyond next year. They got their info from a Warner insider, so there is
    no date, just a "we're gonna do it", so it may still fall through.

    --
    Jeff Rife | "Wow, I've never seen you this
    | bitter...I like it."
    |
    | -- Richard Karinsky, "Caroline in the City"
    Jeff Rife, Sep 22, 2005
    #9
  10. Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Jeff Rife
    <> wrote:

    > Invid Fan () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > > Their treatment of animated shows has been interesting: the
    > > fourth and final Batman: TAS box set is finally due by the end of the
    > > year, but they're insisting on releasing newer shows like Teen Titans
    > > and Justice League as individual disks. No Batman Beyond set so far...

    >
    > Although I don't know why they have done things exactly this way,
    > http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ reported that the Batman and Superman releases
    > this year would be followed by season sets of Justice League and Batman
    > Beyond next year. They got their info from a Warner insider, so there is
    > no date, just a "we're gonna do it", so it may still fall through.


    Until I see it in stores, I don't believe these things :)

    --
    Chris Mack "Refugee, total shit. That's how I've always seen us.
    'Invid Fan' Not a help, you'll admit, to agreement between us."
    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Sep 22, 2005
    #10
  11. Jeff Rife Guest

    Invid Fan () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > > Although I don't know why they have done things exactly this way,
    > > http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ reported that the Batman and Superman releases
    > > this year would be followed by season sets of Justice League and Batman
    > > Beyond next year. They got their info from a Warner insider, so there is
    > > no date, just a "we're gonna do it", so it may still fall through.

    >
    > Until I see it in stores, I don't believe these things :)


    I'm not quite that cynical. If box artwork shows up at TV Shows on DVD
    along with a release date, it's pretty much gonna happen, although there
    might be a shift in release date.

    In this case, they have been 100% right with their Batman and Superman
    advance notices before, so I'm pretty confident.

    --
    Jeff Rife | Coach: What's doing, Norm?
    |
    | Norm: Well, science is seeking a cure for thirst.
    | I happen to be the guinea pig.
    Jeff Rife, Sep 22, 2005
    #11
  12. jayembee Guest

    nomis <> wrote:

    >> To be honest, though, I can't think of any series that WB has abandoned.
    >> Certainly nothing that I've been buying. Columbia has. Fox has. But WB?

    >
    > Yeah! Damn Fox! I'm STILL waiting for season two of both Firefly and
    > Wonderfalls.


    At the risk of spoiling a joke, I was referring to the NYPD BLUE sets.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Sep 23, 2005
    #12
  13. jayembee Guest

    Invid Fan <> wrote:

    > I didn't say it was unreasonable, I was just stating what they seemed
    > to do. Their treatment of animated shows has been interesting: the
    > fourth and final Batman: TAS box set is finally due by the end of the
    > year, but they're insisting on releasing newer shows like Teen Titans
    > and Justice League as individual disks. No Batman Beyond set so far...


    Their reasoning appears to be that they believe that the market is
    differentiated between older fans who prefer the bigger sets, and
    younger fans who just want a few random episodes.

    Warner believes -- rightly or wrongly -- that the Batman and Superman
    series of the 90s appeal to older fans while the Titans, JL(U), and
    Batman Beyond series appeal to younger fans.

    But as Jeff mentioned, they are working on JL and BB for full season
    sets. I just hope that the JL sets use the widescreen versions instead of
    the fullscreen versions used in the single-disc releases.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Sep 23, 2005
    #13
  14. Black Locust Guest

    In article <2005092208053216807%ghostbrain@oozingbraincom>,
    nomis <> wrote:

    > Yeah! Damn Fox! I'm STILL waiting for season two of both Firefly and
    > Wonderfalls.
    >
    > Fascists...


    Season two of Firefly hits theatres nationwide in a week. :)

    Yes, Joss Whedon is the man.
    --
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
    They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,
    and neither do we." - George Dumbya Bush
    Black Locust, Sep 23, 2005
    #14
  15. Jeff Rife Guest

    jayembee () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > I just hope that the JL sets use the widescreen versions instead of
    > the fullscreen versions used in the single-disc releases.


    ISTR that the first episodes of JL were never seen as widescreen, so I
    don't know if they were drawing them the same "open matte" way they do
    now.

    --
    Jeff Rife |
    | http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/Dilbert/SalesToFriends.gif
    Jeff Rife, Sep 23, 2005
    #15
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. DVD Verdict
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    399
    DVD Verdict
    Jan 16, 2004
  2. Bob G.
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    425
  3. SBFan2000

    Night Court DVD ????

    SBFan2000, Nov 1, 2005, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    498
    P Pron
    Nov 2, 2005
  4. MassiveProng
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    381
    SuperM
    Apr 22, 2007
  5. Vance

    The non-night night shot

    Vance, Oct 12, 2010, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    409
    Robert Coe
    Oct 13, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page