nice?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by robert, Mar 7, 2007.

  1. robert

    robert Guest

    has anyone experienced the new Fritzbox 7170?

    How does it work?

    Thanks
     
    robert, Mar 7, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. robert

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    robert wrote:
    > has anyone experienced the new Fritzbox 7170?
    >
    > How does it work?

    It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion version is due out next week.
     
    Desk Rabbit, Mar 7, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. robert

    robert Guest

    >
    > It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion version is due out next week.


    hehehehehhee...... :eek:)

    apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?

    thnaks
     
    robert, Mar 7, 2007
    #3
  4. robert

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "robert" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > > It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion version
    > > is due out next week.

    >
    > hehehehehhee...... :eek:)
    >
    > apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?
    >
    > thnaks


    The Fritz!Box range as a whole are very good, you can have up to 10 SIP
    accounts and depending on the model up to 3 analogue phone sockets. The
    7170 is at the moment only available in Annex B for Germany, it can't be
    used in the UK where we require Annex A equipment. The top of the range at
    the moment as far as the UK market goes is the 7140, but it only has 2
    phone ports and I require 3, so I am awaiting the 7170 for the UK, but I'm
    told it won't be until next year sometime :-(

    See www.avm.de/en for more info on the range. I can thoroughly recommend
    them, I have been using the base model for over a year with no problems.

    Ivor
     
    Ivor Jones, Mar 7, 2007
    #4
  5. robert

    Andy Lord Guest

    On Mar 7, 6:05 pm, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    > "robert" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:
    >
    > > > It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion version
    > > > is due out next week.

    >
    > > hehehehehhee...... :eek:)

    >
    > > apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?

    >
    > > thnaks

    >
    > The Fritz!Box range as a whole are very good, you can have up to 10 SIP
    > accounts and depending on the model up to 3 analogue phone sockets. The
    > 7170 is at the moment only available in Annex B for Germany, it can't be
    > used in the UK where we require Annex A equipment. The top of the range at
    > the moment as far as the UK market goes is the 7140, but it only has 2
    > phone ports and I require 3, so I am awaiting the 7170 for the UK, but I'm
    > told it won't be until next year sometime :-(


    I'd have thought that the 7050, with 3 phone ports, was the 'top of
    the range'. What are the advantages of the 7140 over the 7050?

    --

    Andy
     
    Andy Lord, Mar 7, 2007
    #5
  6. robert

    Brian A Guest

    On 7 Mar 2007 12:19:21 -0800, "Andy Lord" <>
    wrote:

    >On Mar 7, 6:05 pm, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    >> "robert" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:
    >>
    >> > > It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion version
    >> > > is due out next week.

    >>
    >> > hehehehehhee...... :eek:)

    >>
    >> > apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?

    >>
    >> > thnaks

    >>
    >> The Fritz!Box range as a whole are very good, you can have up to 10 SIP
    >> accounts and depending on the model up to 3 analogue phone sockets. The
    >> 7170 is at the moment only available in Annex B for Germany, it can't be
    >> used in the UK where we require Annex A equipment. The top of the range at
    >> the moment as far as the UK market goes is the 7140, but it only has 2
    >> phone ports and I require 3, so I am awaiting the 7170 for the UK, but I'm
    >> told it won't be until next year sometime :-(

    >
    >I'd have thought that the 7050, with 3 phone ports, was the 'top of
    >the range'. What are the advantages of the 7140 over the 7050?

    4 LAN connections but only 2 phone ports.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
     
    Brian A, Mar 7, 2007
    #6
  7. robert

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Andy Lord" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > On Mar 7, 6:05 pm, "Ivor Jones" <>
    > wrote:
    > > "robert" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > news:
    > >
    > > > > It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion
    > > > > version is due out next week.

    > >
    > > > hehehehehhee...... :eek:)

    > >
    > > > apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?

    > >
    > > > thnaks

    > >
    > > The Fritz!Box range as a whole are very good, you can
    > > have up to 10 SIP accounts and depending on the model
    > > up to 3 analogue phone sockets. The 7170 is at the
    > > moment only available in Annex B for Germany, it can't
    > > be used in the UK where we require Annex A equipment.
    > > The top of the range at the moment as far as the UK
    > > market goes is the 7140, but it only has 2 phone ports
    > > and I require 3, so I am awaiting the 7170 for the UK,
    > > but I'm told it won't be until next year sometime :-(

    >
    > I'd have thought that the 7050, with 3 phone ports, was
    > the 'top of the range'. What are the advantages of the
    > 7140 over the 7050?


    Differences largely as follows:

    7050 - 2 LAN ports, 1 USB (computer) port, 3 phone ports (1 of which is
    wired rather than an RJ11 socket). It also has a port that can connect to
    an ISDN line.

    7140 - 4 LAN ports and the USB port is a host for connecting a printer or
    external hard drive rather than a computer. Only 2 phone ports, no ISDN.

    7170 (not available in Annex A as yet) - 4 LAN ports, 3 phone ports, ISDN
    port, USB host port - in other words the best of both the above, which is
    why I'm waiting..!


    Ivor
     
    Ivor Jones, Mar 8, 2007
    #7
  8. robert

    robert Guest

    On Mar 7, 7:49 pm, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    > "Andy Lord" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Mar 7, 6:05 pm, "Ivor Jones" <>
    > > wrote:
    > > > "robert" <> wrote in message

    >
    > > >news:

    >
    > > > > > It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion
    > > > > > version is due out next week.

    >
    > > > > hehehehehhee...... :eek:)

    >
    > > > > apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?

    >
    > > > > thnaks

    >
    > > > The Fritz!Box range as a whole are very good, you can
    > > > have up to 10 SIP accounts and depending on the model
    > > > up to 3 analogue phone sockets. The 7170 is at the
    > > > moment only available in Annex B for Germany, it can't
    > > > be used in the UK where we require Annex A equipment.
    > > > The top of the range at the moment as far as the UK
    > > > market goes is the 7140, but it only has 2 phone ports
    > > > and I require 3, so I am awaiting the 7170 for the UK,
    > > > but I'm told it won't be until next year sometime :-(

    >
    > > I'd have thought that the 7050, with 3 phone ports, was
    > > the 'top of the range'. What are the advantages of the
    > > 7140 over the 7050?

    >
    > Differences largely as follows:
    >
    > 7050 - 2 LAN ports, 1 USB (computer) port, 3 phone ports (1 of which is
    > wired rather than an RJ11 socket). It also has a port that can connect to
    > an ISDN line.
    >
    > 7140 - 4 LAN ports and the USB port is a host for connecting a printer or
    > external hard drive rather than a computer. Only 2 phone ports, no ISDN.
    >
    > 7170 (not available in Annex A as yet) - 4 LAN ports, 3 phone ports, ISDN
    > port, USB host port - in other words the best of both the above, which is
    > why I'm waiting..!
    >
    > Ivor


    in case i need just a phone adapter, with 3 analogic ports, the 7050
    would be the right one?
     
    robert, Mar 8, 2007
    #8
  9. robert

    Andy Lord Guest

    On Mar 8, 4:41 pm, "robert" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 7, 7:49 pm, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > "Andy Lord" <> wrote in message

    >
    > >news:

    >
    > > > On Mar 7, 6:05 pm, "Ivor Jones" <>
    > > > wrote:
    > > > > "robert" <> wrote in message

    >
    > > > >news:

    >
    > > > > > > It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion
    > > > > > > version is due out next week.

    >
    > > > > > hehehehehhee...... :eek:)

    >
    > > > > > apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?

    >
    > > > > > thnaks

    >
    > > > > The Fritz!Box range as a whole are very good, you can
    > > > > have up to 10 SIP accounts and depending on the model
    > > > > up to 3 analogue phone sockets. The 7170 is at the
    > > > > moment only available in Annex B for Germany, it can't
    > > > > be used in the UK where we require Annex A equipment.
    > > > > The top of the range at the moment as far as the UK
    > > > > market goes is the 7140, but it only has 2 phone ports
    > > > > and I require 3, so I am awaiting the 7170 for the UK,
    > > > > but I'm told it won't be until next year sometime :-(

    >
    > > > I'd have thought that the 7050, with 3 phone ports, was
    > > > the 'top of the range'. What are the advantages of the
    > > > 7140 over the 7050?

    >
    > > Differences largely as follows:

    >
    > > 7050 - 2 LAN ports, 1 USB (computer) port, 3 phone ports (1 of which is
    > > wired rather than an RJ11 socket). It also has a port that can connect to
    > > an ISDN line.

    >
    > > 7140 - 4 LAN ports and the USB port is a host for connecting a printer or
    > > external hard drive rather than a computer. Only 2 phone ports, no ISDN.

    >
    > > 7170 (not available in Annex A as yet) - 4 LAN ports, 3 phone ports, ISDN
    > > port, USB host port - in other words the best of both the above, which is
    > > why I'm waiting..!

    >
    > > Ivor

    >
    > in case i need just a phone adapter, with 3 analogic ports, the 7050
    > would be the right one?- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    It works fine, be aware though that the 3rd port is hard-wired as Ivor
    mentioned. It works fine screwed to the wall with the wires leading
    straight into a junction box but I'm not so sure how it would fare if
    it was on a desk or shelf for example.

    It also functions as a very useful 3 line PBX, albeit with fairly
    limited features. I particularly like the call blocking feature which
    sends blacklisted numbers an engaged tone.

    --

    Andy
     
    Andy Lord, Mar 8, 2007
    #9
  10. robert

    Herman Guest

    "robert" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Mar 7, 7:49 pm, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    >> "Andy Lord" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> > On Mar 7, 6:05 pm, "Ivor Jones" <>
    >> > wrote:
    >> > > "robert" <> wrote in message

    >>
    >> > >news:

    >>
    >> > > > > It uses electricity I believe. The cold fusion
    >> > > > > version is due out next week.

    >>
    >> > > > hehehehehhee...... :eek:)

    >>
    >> > > > apart the fusion, how does the system in a whole work?

    >>
    >> > > > thnaks

    >>
    >> > > The Fritz!Box range as a whole are very good, you can
    >> > > have up to 10 SIP accounts and depending on the model
    >> > > up to 3 analogue phone sockets. The 7170 is at the
    >> > > moment only available in Annex B for Germany, it can't
    >> > > be used in the UK where we require Annex A equipment.
    >> > > The top of the range at the moment as far as the UK
    >> > > market goes is the 7140, but it only has 2 phone ports
    >> > > and I require 3, so I am awaiting the 7170 for the UK,
    >> > > but I'm told it won't be until next year sometime :-(

    >>
    >> > I'd have thought that the 7050, with 3 phone ports, was
    >> > the 'top of the range'. What are the advantages of the
    >> > 7140 over the 7050?

    >>
    >> Differences largely as follows:
    >>
    >> 7050 - 2 LAN ports, 1 USB (computer) port, 3 phone ports (1 of which is
    >> wired rather than an RJ11 socket). It also has a port that can connect to
    >> an ISDN line.
    >>
    >> 7140 - 4 LAN ports and the USB port is a host for connecting a printer or
    >> external hard drive rather than a computer. Only 2 phone ports, no ISDN.
    >>
    >> 7170 (not available in Annex A as yet) - 4 LAN ports, 3 phone ports, ISDN
    >> port, USB host port - in other words the best of both the above, which is
    >> why I'm waiting..!
    >>
    >> Ivor

    >
    > in case i need just a phone adapter, with 3 analogic ports, the 7050
    > would be the right one?
    >


    Absolutely. Do remember though that if you are on cable, you will have to
    use one of the LAN ports as a WAN port instead on any of the FritzBoxes.

    It functions adequately for what I want although you do need to wire in the
    third socket.
     
    Herman, Mar 8, 2007
    #10
  11. robert

    robert Guest

    > Absolutely. Do remember though that if you are on cable, you will have to
    > use one of the LAN ports as a WAN port instead on any of the FritzBoxes.
    >
    > It functions adequately for what I want although you do need to wire in the
    > third socket.


    So, if i want just a good phone adapter, without any router functions,
    needed to use it with 3 different Sip providers, which one do u think
    would be the best one? Is there any one of this with a PBX free
    service?

    thanks!
     
    robert, Mar 9, 2007
    #11
  12. robert

    Herman Guest

    "robert" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >> Absolutely. Do remember though that if you are on cable, you will have
    >> to
    >> use one of the LAN ports as a WAN port instead on any of the FritzBoxes.
    >>
    >> It functions adequately for what I want although you do need to wire in
    >> the
    >> third socket.

    >
    > So, if i want just a good phone adapter, without any router functions,
    > needed to use it with 3 different Sip providers, which one do u think
    > would be the best one? Is there any one of this with a PBX free
    > service?
    >
    > thanks!


    Don't get number of phone ports confused with number of providers. My 7050
    handles up to 10 SIP accounts and any or all can be assigned to any or all
    of the three phone ports on the 7050. You can then use simple call routing
    to override the default account for outgoing calls if required. It can also
    be configured as a switch if required, although you should consider putting
    it first in line on the network to ensure call quality.

    I believe the basic Fritzboxes also handle up to 10 SIP accounts but with
    less ports, so this may be sufficient for your requirements if you only need
    one or two phone ports.
     
    Herman, Mar 9, 2007
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Silverstrand

    Very nice MMORPG (FREE)

    Silverstrand, Jul 10, 2005, in forum: Gaming
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    26,330
    Flukemanguy
    Aug 14, 2005
  2. Charles

    Nice PHP script

    Charles, Jun 22, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    2,832
  3. Matt

    Re: Nice PHP script

    Matt, Jun 23, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    463
    Andrew Urquhart
    Jun 23, 2004
  4. MEow

    Bookmarks not playing nice

    MEow, Dec 20, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    461
  5. Splibbilla

    nice featurlette deerpark aka ff 1.6a

    Splibbilla, Sep 17, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    517
    JamesMZ
    Sep 17, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page