Nice Read For All

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Sep 11, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Sep 11, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:08:36 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > http://30mosques.com/2010/09/day-22-ross-north-dakota-a-leap-in-time/

    Interesting item for sure. But the first USA mosque? Not to be picky, but
    it appears to me that the building shown was recently built. Like in the
    past 20 years. Note the roof. Not the style of roofing used some hundred
    years ago. Specially not in Ross ND. The brick on the side looks like it
    hasn't seen any weathering for a hundred years old. I would suspect someone
    replaced the original building with this newer version sometime since the
    mid sixties or so.

    richard, Sep 11, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    richard <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:08:36 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    >> http://30mosques.com/2010/09/day-22-ross-north-dakota-a-leap-in-time/

    >Interesting item for sure. But the first USA mosque? Not to be picky, but
    >it appears to me that the building shown was recently built. Like in the
    >past 20 years. Note the roof. Not the style of roofing used some hundred
    >years ago. Specially not in Ross ND. The brick on the side looks like it
    >hasn't seen any weathering for a hundred years old. I would suspect someone
    >replaced the original building with this newer version sometime since the
    >mid sixties or so.

    Next time read the article instead of looking at the pictures
    and making up a story.

    From the article:
    "Ross is home to the first mosque that was ever built in the
    United States."

    "It was later demolished in the 1970s but there’s a Muslim
    cemetery nearby where many of the original community members are
    buried. In 2005, a new mosque was built on the same land as the
    original mosque."

    Mike "correct, 2005 was within the past 20 years" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 11, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:49:57 -0400, Mike Yetto wrote:

    > richard <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:08:36 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    >>> http://30mosques.com/2010/09/day-22-ross-north-dakota-a-leap-in-time/

    >>Interesting item for sure. But the first USA mosque? Not to be picky, but
    >>it appears to me that the building shown was recently built. Like in the
    >>past 20 years. Note the roof. Not the style of roofing used some hundred
    >>years ago. Specially not in Ross ND. The brick on the side looks like it
    >>hasn't seen any weathering for a hundred years old. I would suspect someone
    >>replaced the original building with this newer version sometime since the
    >>mid sixties or so.

    > Next time read the article instead of looking at the pictures
    > and making up a story.
    >
    > From the article:
    > "Ross is home to the first mosque that was ever built in the
    > United States."
    >
    > "It was later demolished in the 1970s but there?s a Muslim
    > cemetery nearby where many of the original community members are
    > buried. In 2005, a new mosque was built on the same land as the
    > original mosque."
    >

    > Mike "correct, 2005 was within the past 20 years" Yetto

    That is according to the article. Other sources state the first mosques
    were built in maine and connecticut between 1900 and 1920.

    richard, Sep 12, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    richard <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:49:57 -0400, Mike Yetto wrote:

    >> richard <> writes and having writ moves on.

    >>>Interesting item for sure. But the first USA mosque? Not to be picky, but
    >>>it appears to me that the building shown was recently built. Like in the
    >>>past 20 years. Note the roof. Not the style of roofing used some hundred
    >>>years ago. Specially not in Ross ND. The brick on the side looks like it
    >>>hasn't seen any weathering for a hundred years old. I would suspect someone
    >>>replaced the original building with this newer version sometime since the
    >>>mid sixties or so.

    >> Next time read the article instead of looking at the pictures
    >> and making up a story.
    >>
    >> From the article:
    >> "Ross is home to the first mosque that was ever built in the
    >> United States."
    >>
    >> "It was later demolished in the 1970s but there?s a Muslim
    >> cemetery nearby where many of the original community members are
    >> buried. In 2005, a new mosque was built on the same land as the
    >> original mosque."
    >>

    >> Mike "correct, 2005 was within the past 20 years" Yetto

    >That is according to the article. Other sources state the first mosques
    >were built in maine and connecticut between 1900 and 1920.

    It has been shown that you drew erroneous conclusions based on
    the article in question. Delving into fact checking research
    does not change the situation. You analyzed the pictures not the
    text of the article.

    Mike "take you argument over primacy elsewhere" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 12, 2010