Nice Nikon Coolpix items for auction and more!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by daren pelletier, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. daren pelletier, Jul 15, 2003

  2. daren pelletier

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 15, 2003

  3. daren pelletier

    John Navas Guest

    In <09LQa.2531$> on Tue, 15 Jul 2003
    04:10:36 GMT, "daren pelletier" <> wrote:

    >[SNIP]

    Please do not post eBay or other auction ads here. This is not a forsale
    newsgroup, much less a newsgroup for auction ads. (See the eBay UseNet policy
    at <http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html>. Ads of any kind generally
    belong only in newsgroups that specifically allow them; e.g.,
    misc.forsale.computers.* -- for more information, see
    <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/misc-forsale-faq/buying-selling/>. See also
    "Advertising on Usenet: How To Do It, How Not To Do It" at
    <http://www.furrs.org/FAQs/advo.htm>.) Thank you for your consideration.

    For example,
    Instead of You might use
    ---------------------------- -----------------------------
    comp.dcom.modems misc.forsale.computers.modems
    comp.publish.cdrom.hardware misc.forsale.computers.storage
    comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage misc.forsale.computers.storage
    rec.photo.digital rec.photo.marketplace.digital
    rec.video.desktop rec.video.marketplace
    ba.internet ba.market.computers
    misc.forsale.computers.net-hardware

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>

    John Navas, Jul 15, 2003
  4. daren pelletier

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on 15 Jul 2003 08:29:37
    -0700, (Webkatz) wrote:

    >John Navas <> wrote in message news:<yrPQa.1913$>...
    >>
    >> In <09LQa.2531$> on Tue, 15 Jul 2003
    >> 04:10:36 GMT, "daren pelletier" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >[SNIP]

    >> Please do not post eBay or other auction ads here. This is not a forsale
    >> newsgroup, much less a newsgroup for auction ads. (See the eBay UseNet policy
    >> at <http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html>. Ads of any kind generally
    >> belong only in newsgroups that specifically allow them...

    >Are you refering to this listing?
    >http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...dlpservices&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50
    >
    >Funny, because you're quoting the *old* eBay policy. The new eBay
    >policy at http://pages.ebay.com/help/new/usenet-policy.html says:
    >
    >[SNIP]

    Pretty much what the old policy says, but thanks for the update.

    >So, eBay doesn't care if the charter doesn't care.

    True.

    >And the
    >actual-honest-to-god-no-bob-atkins-bullshit-as-voted-on
    >charter(AHTGNBABAVOC) is silent on the matter of private hobbyist
    >FS/FA post ...

    False. See below.

    >So, me thinks you are full of beans there John.

    Think whatever you want -- it doesn't change the facts.

    John Navas, Jul 15, 2003
  5. daren pelletier

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Do I have to killfile your moron ass on every newsgroup - or are you one
    of those web weazels who posts from multiple addresses?
    No matter - I can killfile you just as easily as I killfile the other
    ebay assholes.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=dlpservic

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 15, 2003
  6. daren pelletier

    Alan Browne Guest

    Tesselator wrote:

    > Actually YOU seem like the bigger dickhead... just by your foul mouth.
    >
    > If you're gonna killfile someone or throw a fit when they post a sale
    > on ebay just do it quietly. I'm /sure/ most of us don't want to hear
    > you spout off about it with or without the foul language.

    SHHH. You crayons are in the corner with a nice big piece of paper.

    Alan Browne, Jul 16, 2003
  7. daren pelletier

    Tesselator Guest

    "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message news:...

    > Tesselator wrote:
    >
    > > Actually YOU seem like the bigger dickhead... just by your foul mouth.
    > >
    > > If you're gonna killfile someone or throw a fit when they post a sale
    > > on ebay just do it quietly. I'm /sure/ most of us don't want to hear
    > > you spout off about it with or without the foul language.

    > SHHH. You crayons are in the corner with a nice big piece of paper.

    Ok, but I don't like thos colors anymore. I want new colors. How
    about we eat the teacher instead?

    O :)

    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/breaking_news/6308199.htm

    Tesselator, Jul 16, 2003
  8. daren pelletier

    WebKatz Guest

    respond to rec.photo.digital

    > Do I have to killfile your moron ass on every newsgroup - or are you

    one
    > of those web weazels who posts from multiple addresses?
    > No matter - I can killfile you just as easily as I killfile the other
    > ebay assholes.

    Sorry the ruby slippers didn't work for you, but there's no need to get
    nasty about it. Don't know what you're talking about with the multiple
    addresses - maybe you lack a basic understanding of how Newsreaders work.
    Sorry about that.

    Dave

    P.S. If you're gonna *plonk* someone, *plonk* someone and get it over with.
    No one here likes to hear you whine.

    WebKatz, Jul 16, 2003
  9. daren pelletier

    WebKatz Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <> on 15 Jul 2003

    08:29:37

    > >> In <09LQa.2531$> on Tue, 15

    Jul 2003

    > >> Please do not post eBay or other auction ads here. This is not a

    forsale
    > >> newsgroup, much less a newsgroup for auction ads. (See the eBay UseNet

    policy
    > >> at <http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html>. Ads of any kind

    generally
    > >> belong only in newsgroups that specifically allow them...

    > >Are you refering to this listing?

    >http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=dlpservi

    ces&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

    > >Funny, because you're quoting the *old* eBay policy. The new eBay
    > >policy at http://pages.ebay.com/help/new/usenet-policy.html says:
    > >
    > >[SNIP]

    > Pretty much what the old policy says, but thanks for the update.
    >
    > >So, eBay doesn't care if the charter doesn't care.

    > True.
    >
    > >And the
    > >actual-honest-to-god-no-bob-atkins-bullshit-as-voted-on
    > >charter(AHTGNBABAVOC) is silent on the matter of private hobbyist
    > >FS/FA post ...

    > False. See below.
    >
    > >So, me thinks you are full of beans there John.

    > Think whatever you want -- it doesn't change the facts.

    Nor does pushing you private version of the charter. See below.

    The official charter for this and other rec.photo.* groups can be
    found at ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/rec.

    WebKatz, Jul 16, 2003
  10. daren pelletier

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:13:29 -0500,
    "WebKatz" <> wrote:

    >"John Navas" <> wrote in message

    >> Think whatever you want -- it doesn't change the facts.

    >Nor does pushing you private version of the charter. ...

    I'm only "pushing" authoritative references, as set forth below.
    But of course you know that -- you're just being an a__h___.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Jul 16, 2003
  11. daren pelletier

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Since language seems to bother you here it is in the nicest possible
    language

    GoodbyeTessalator. I won't say it's been nice knowing you, because you are
    obviously another web loser of no value whatsoever to me or anyone else. You
    are killfiled to reside in the nowhere of nothingness specifically because
    you are too anal retentative to be bothered with, but I am almost certain
    that if I were to waste time on you, I would find many other reasons to bid
    you a quick adieu. I've found in general that people who prove to be losers
    on one subject tend to be losers on many subjects. Byeeee!

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 16, 2003
  12. daren pelletier

    WebKatz Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <> on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:13:29 -0500,
    > "WebKatz" <> wrote:
    >
    > >"John Navas" <> wrote in message

    > >> Think whatever you want -- it doesn't change the facts.

    > >Nor does pushing you private version of the charter. ...

    > I'm only "pushing" authoritative references, as set forth below.
    > But of course you know that -- you're just being an a__h___.

    And if you weren't such a one you'd acknowledge that the only *real*
    authoritative reference for this and other rec.photo.* groups at
    ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/rec.

    WebKatz, Jul 16, 2003
  13. daren pelletier

    Tesselator Guest

    Some people (ie. dense pathetic twits) just can't take a hint...

    Tesselator, Jul 16, 2003
  14. daren pelletier

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Okay - your stupid ass is very quietly killfiled again. The fact that
    you post from multiple addresses indicates you are yet another of the shi---
    oh sorry you don't like language -- of the human effluent for brains web
    weasels that hang around adding nothing but cr--- human fecal matter to
    every discussion when you aren't completely killfiled by the adults in the
    group. Takes three clicks to say goodbye - and I'm willing to do it every
    time you show up - including under any of your moron aliases.

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 17, 2003
  15. daren pelletier

    Tosselator Guest

    > Okay - your stupid ass is very quietly killfiled again. The fact that
    > you post from multiple addresses indicates you are

    Naw... I just did it to piss YOU off cuz you're SUCH A DICK!

    You couldn't kill-file your own terds!

    Well you could but it would require brain surgery
    and a surgeon with a mighty heafty nose-plug!

    Tosselator, Jul 17, 2003
  16. daren pelletier

    John Navas Guest

    In <bf5kik$nl7$> on Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:50:23 +0900,
    "Tesselator" <> wrote:

    >He IS right ya know John.

    Nope.

    >Besides, what *could* have slipped by as a quiet and polite notice
    >of an ebay item that MANY here /are/ interested in has in your

    I suspect that only a tiny minority would have any interest, if that. Those
    that do have an interest are probably on eBay itself, or over in the
    marketplace newsgroups.

    >and Tony Spazoid's hands become yet another bicker-thread.

    It's unfortunate, but experience shows that letting bullies have their way is
    worse.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Jul 17, 2003
  17. daren pelletier

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Three more clicks - no more turkey.

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 17, 2003
  18. daren pelletier

    Webkatz Guest

    John Navas <> wrote in message news:<TOyRa.2564$>...
    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    > In <bf5kik$nl7$> on Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:50:23 +0900,
    > "Tesselator" <> wrote:
    >
    > >He IS right ya know John.

    > Nope.

    Am too. See below.

    > >and Tony Spazoid's hands become yet another bicker-thread.

    > It's unfortunate, but experience shows that letting bullies have their way is
    > worse.

    Yep, that's been my experience too. And who is it who's been
    net-copping and calling names? Sorry, John, you ain't gonna *win* this
    one. I've got the truth on my side:
    ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/rec.

    Webkatz, Jul 18, 2003
  19. daren pelletier

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on 18 Jul 2003 09:52:45
    -0700, (Webkatz) wrote:

    >... Sorry, John, you ain't gonna *win* this
    >one. ...

    I already have. But feel free to rant on. This is, after all, Usenet.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Jul 18, 2003
  20. daren pelletier

    Webkatz Guest

    >From: John Navas <>
    >Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
    >Subject: Re: Nice Nikon Coolpix items for auction and more!
    >Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:21:02 GMT

    diablo.voicenet.com >news.ticon.net feed.news.sonic.net
    typhoon.sonic.net not-for-mail

    >[POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    >In <> on 18 Jul 2003

    09:52:45
    >-0700, (Webkatz) wrote:

    >>... Sorry, John, you ain't gonna *win* this
    >>one. ...

    >I already have.

    <yawn> Sure thing, John, whatever you say.</yawn>

    <sarcasm> So, what's it like, living in Denial and all. Is it a nice
    place? Are you happy there? Do they keep you fed and tuck you in at
    night? BTW – what color *is* the sky there? </sarcasm>

    Webkatz, Jul 18, 2003