Nice Free Photo Editor

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bob Adkins, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Bob Adkins

    Bob Adkins Guest

    Hi,

    In case some of you may not have run across it, there's a very nice,
    compact, user-friendly photo editor out called PhotoFiltre. It was only
    recently translated from French, and that's why it isn't well known... YET!

    It's absolutely perfect for most digital camera users, and has enough
    features for all but professionals and perhaps a few serious amateurs.

    It's a very small program (3Mb download) that's absolutely free, has no
    spyware, and no registration of any kind is required. A rare find indeed!

    Here's a "link to a link". Scroll down to "Graphics Editors" and get it.

    http://webpages.charter.net/bobad/best.htm

    I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. I haven't opened PhotoShop in 2
    months! :)

    Bob

    Remove "kins" from address to reply.

    Bob Adkins, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Bob Adkins

    MisNomer Guest

    Thanks Bob! Nice and fast! buttons for greyscale, sepia and old photos...
    (thats all i've played with so far.) I like this.

    take care
    Liz

    MisNomer, Mar 1, 2004

  3. Bob Adkins

    Paul H. Guest

    "Bob Adkins" <> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > In case some of you may not have run across it, there's a very nice,
    > compact, user-friendly photo editor out called PhotoFiltre. It was only
    > recently translated from French, and that's why it isn't well known...

    YET!

    > It's absolutely perfect for most digital camera users, and has enough
    > features for all but professionals and perhaps a few serious amateurs.
    >
    > It's a very small program (3Mb download) that's absolutely free, has no
    > spyware, and no registration of any kind is required. A rare find indeed!
    >
    > Here's a "link to a link". Scroll down to "Graphics Editors" and get it.
    >
    > http://webpages.charter.net/bobad/best.htm
    >
    > I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. I haven't opened PhotoShop in 2
    > months! :)

    Photofiltre is an excellent program and its built-in anti-aliasing filter is
    wonderful for cleaning up scanned magazine images.

    Paul H., Mar 1, 2004
  4. Bob Adkins

    RHinNC Guest

    I agree. I just downloaded and ran this program, very nice features for a
    free program.

    RHinNC, Mar 1, 2004
  5. Bob Adkins

    Stan Guest

    Thank you for this URL. I've already downloaded it and tried it a bit.
    Looks like a really compact and easy to use editor.

    Stan, Mar 1, 2004
  6. On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 11:05:46 -0600, Bob Adkins wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > In case some of you may not have run across it, there's a very nice,
    > compact, user-friendly photo editor out called PhotoFiltre. It was only
    > recently translated from French, and that's why it isn't well known... YET!
    >
    > It's absolutely perfect for most digital camera users, and has enough
    > features for all but professionals and perhaps a few serious amateurs.
    >
    > It's a very small program (3Mb download) that's absolutely free, has no
    > spyware, and no registration of any kind is required. A rare find indeed!
    >
    > Here's a "link to a link". Scroll down to "Graphics Editors" and get it.
    >
    > http://webpages.charter.net/bobad/best.htm
    >
    > I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. I haven't opened PhotoShop in 2
    > months! :)
    >
    > Bob
    >
    > Remove "kins" from address to reply.

    Actually its not that bad. I'd say for people who don't want to put in the
    effort to learn Gimp this may prove to be a nice alternative. Thanks for
    the link.

    Mike

    Michael Burns, Mar 1, 2004
  7. Bob Adkins

    Bob Adkins Guest

    On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:38:14 GMT, Michael Burns <> wrote:

    >Actually its not that bad. I'd say for people who don't want to put in the
    >effort to learn Gimp this may prove to be a nice alternative. Thanks for
    >the link.

    Sometimes I think it's just the Gimp's multiple windows that put people off.
    Too bad, because it's really a good photo editor.

    Anyway, PhotoFiltre is competent enough for experts to use for quick chores,
    yet doesn't have a steep learning curve. Novices seem to get comfortable
    with it right away and get satisfying results in no time at all. It's the
    best Freeware program I've run across in a long time. Glad everyone seems to
    like it. I had a feeling they would! :)

    Bob Adkins, Mar 2, 2004
  8. Bob Adkins

    al-Farrob Guest

    Bob Adkins wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > In case some of you may not have run across it, there's a very nice,
    > compact, user-friendly photo editor out called PhotoFiltre. It was only
    > recently translated from French, and that's why it isn't well known...
    > YET!
    >
    > It's absolutely perfect for most digital camera users, and has enough
    > features for all but professionals and perhaps a few serious amateurs.
    >
    > It's a very small program (3Mb download) that's absolutely free, has no
    > spyware, and no registration of any kind is required. A rare find indeed!
    >
    > Here's a "link to a link". Scroll down to "Graphics Editors" and get it.
    >
    > http://webpages.charter.net/bobad/best.htm
    >
    > I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. I haven't opened PhotoShop in 2
    > months! :)
    >
    > Bob
    >
    > Remove "kins" from address to reply.

    Hmmmm... from your opinion and the replies maybe that's waht I needed, not
    for me, a Linux Gimp user, but to pass to a reluctant person :)

    Thanks
    --
    al-Farrob

    al-Farrob, Mar 2, 2004
  9. al-Farrob wrote:

    [snip]

    >> Remove "kins" from address to reply.

    > Hmmmm... from your opinion and the replies maybe that's waht I needed,
    > not for me, a Linux Gimp user, but to pass to a reluctant person :)

    Yes - Gimp IS slick! Now, if only I could get all apps. to use all the
    printer paper stock sizes like Gimp does, I'd be all set!

    Fred

    --
    "...Linux, MS-DOS, and Windows XP (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
    the Ugly)."

    Fred A. Miller, Mar 3, 2004
  10. Bob Adkins

    me Guest