nice firefox extension

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by aum, Jan 15, 2006.

  1. aum

    aum Guest

    Hi,

    Just came across ReminderFox - a firefox extension which provides a
    barebones to-do list and reminder function

    What I like is that you can set it to remind you. With this option
    enabled, it pops up little dialog boxes to 'nag' you to get things done,
    and like an alarm clock, you can 'snooze' the reminder for a chosen period
    of time, only to get 'nagged' later. Great for those of us suffering
    chronic information overload.

    Also, since it's running within firefox (and we always keep a firefox
    window open, don't we), one never has to let any task slip through the
    cracks.

    http://reminderfox.mozdev.org/

    --

    Cheers
    aum
    aum, Jan 15, 2006

  2. aum

    Gordon Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:55:03 +1300, aum wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Just came across ReminderFox - a firefox extension which provides a
    > barebones to-do list and reminder function
    >
    > What I like is that you can set it to remind you. With this option
    > enabled, it pops up little dialog boxes to 'nag' you to get things done,
    > and like an alarm clock, you can 'snooze' the reminder for a chosen period
    > of time, only to get 'nagged' later. Great for those of us suffering
    > chronic information overload.
    >
    > Also, since it's running within firefox (and we always keep a firefox
    > window open, don't we), one never has to let any task slip through the
    > cracks.
    >
    > http://reminderfox.mozdev.org/

    Good grief, Firefox is being sucked down by triva. Oh its only an
    extension, whew!

    Machines reminding me that something needs to be done should be cataputled
    with the required velocity that they reach the cloest star to earth.

    Machines should *do* the task, *not* tell me/you/us that it needs doing.

    When we all get back to telling the time by the position of the sun the
    better.
    Gordon, Jan 16, 2006

  3. aum

    Another Rob Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:55:03 +1300, aum wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Just came across ReminderFox - a firefox extension which provides a
    >> barebones to-do list and reminder function
    >>
    >> What I like is that you can set it to remind you. With this option
    >> enabled, it pops up little dialog boxes to 'nag' you to get things done,
    >> and like an alarm clock, you can 'snooze' the reminder for a chosen period
    >> of time, only to get 'nagged' later. Great for those of us suffering
    >> chronic information overload.
    >>
    >> Also, since it's running within firefox (and we always keep a firefox
    >> window open, don't we), one never has to let any task slip through the
    >> cracks.
    >>
    >> http://reminderfox.mozdev.org/

    > Good grief, Firefox is being sucked down by triva. Oh its only an
    > extension, whew!
    >
    > Machines reminding me that something needs to be done should be cataputled
    > with the required velocity that they reach the cloest star to earth.
    >
    > Machines should *do* the task, *not* tell me/you/us that it needs doing.
    >
    > When we all get back to telling the time by the position of the sun the
    > better.

    Nice idea, and when we have machines that will take the car in to be
    serviced, instead of just reminding me to do it, I am sure it will be a
    great day. In the meantime I am quite happy to get the reminder.

    Incidentally, Reminderfox also works on Thunderbird.
    Another Rob, Jan 16, 2006
  4. aum

    Philip Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:55:03 +1300, aum wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Just came across ReminderFox - a firefox extension which provides a
    >> barebones to-do list and reminder function
    >>
    >> What I like is that you can set it to remind you. With this option
    >> enabled, it pops up little dialog boxes to 'nag' you to get things done,
    >> and like an alarm clock, you can 'snooze' the reminder for a chosen period
    >> of time, only to get 'nagged' later. Great for those of us suffering
    >> chronic information overload.
    >>
    >> Also, since it's running within firefox (and we always keep a firefox
    >> window open, don't we), one never has to let any task slip through the
    >> cracks.
    >>
    >> http://reminderfox.mozdev.org/

    > Good grief, Firefox is being sucked down by triva. Oh its only an
    > extension, whew!
    >
    > Machines reminding me that something needs to be done should be cataputled
    > with the required velocity that they reach the cloest star to earth.
    >
    > Machines should *do* the task, *not* tell me/you/us that it needs doing.
    >
    > When we all get back to telling the time by the position of the sun the
    > better.

    This is no doubt why our local radio station always announces the time
    according to its fluorescent edge-lit sundial?

    I understand that the back-up device involves kerosene and a wick-trimmer.

    Philip
    Philip, Jan 16, 2006
  5. aum

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <43cb7132$>, Philip <> wrote:

    >I understand that the back-up device involves kerosene and a wick-trimmer.

    The radio station I listen to always has the correct time. The morning DJ is
    a mate of mine, evey morning he phones up and asks me what the time is so he
    can set the studio clock.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    Don Hills, Jan 16, 2006