    strap joining a positive side to the other batteries negative. Internet
    searches and local camera shops haven't come up with anything. Thanks in
    advance.
    pete, Jan 5, 2004

  2. pete

    K & S Guest

    On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:39:07 +1300, pete <> wrote:

    >Anyone know of an NZ source for nicads of the following dimensions: 22mm
    >diameter x 7 mm thick. Markings on the tpo (positive) side are "Z 2A110"
    >and "913". They are out of a hand-held barcode scanner that I'd like to get
    >working. The original batteries are arranged side by side, with a welded
    >strap joining a positive side to the other batteries negative. Internet
    >searches and local camera shops haven't come up with anything. Thanks in
    >advance.

    Try this Trade firm, try and order direct or from a TV service shop.

    http://www.tesa.co.nz/

    the 913 is the date I think..

    Year 91 March..

    2.4V 110ma, not a Normal 1.2V Nicad, its a dual cell pack..

    This PDF file shows the specs on it..

    http://www.telec.nl/cat/Bat 1-31.pdf
    K & S, Jan 5, 2004

  3. pete

    pete Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:23:02 +1300, K & S wrote:

    > On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:39:07 +1300, pete <> wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone know of an NZ source for nicads of the following dimensions: 22mm
    >>diameter x 7 mm thick. Markings on the tpo (positive) side are "Z 2A110"
    >>and "913". They are out of a hand-held barcode scanner that I'd like to get
    >>working. The original batteries are arranged side by side, with a welded
    >>strap joining a positive side to the other batteries negative. Internet
    >>searches and local camera shops haven't come up with anything. Thanks in
    >>advance.

    > Try this Trade firm, try and order direct or from a TV service shop.
    >
    > http://www.tesa.co.nz/
    >
    > the 913 is the date I think..
    >
    > Year 91 March..
    >
    > 2.4V 110ma, not a Normal 1.2V Nicad, its a dual cell pack..
    >
    > This PDF file shows the specs on it..
    >
    > http://www.telec.nl/cat/Bat 1-31.pdf

    Thats it, thanks! Ominously, there is an "Obsolete" warning on the catalog
    page. I'll have to put the rest of the warning into babelfish to see what
    it says.
    pete, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Hi Pete,
    What is the brand/model of the scanner? We may be able to offer alternative
    battery solutions.

    Regards,
    Andy Craig
    DataCol Solutions
    www.datacol.co.nz

    The Bar Code People, Jan 5, 2004
  5. pete

    John Guest

    Telesound in Upper Hutt
    They make up battery packs and have a large range of batteries...
    John, Jan 5, 2004
  6. pete

    Gordon Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:23:02 +1300, K & S wrote:

    > On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:39:07 +1300, pete <> wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone know of an NZ source for nicads of the following dimensions: 22mm
    >>diameter x 7 mm thick. Markings on the tpo (positive) side are "Z 2A110"
    >>and "913". They are out of a hand-held barcode scanner that I'd like to get
    >>working. The original batteries are arranged side by side, with a welded
    >>strap joining a positive side to the other batteries negative. Internet
    >>searches and local camera shops haven't come up with anything. Thanks in
    >>advance.

    > Try this Trade firm, try and order direct or from a TV service shop.
    >
    > http://www.tesa.co.nz/
    >
    > the 913 is the date I think..
    >
    > Year 91 March..
    >
    > 2.4V 110ma, not a Normal 1.2V Nicad, its a dual cell pack..

    So there are two cells in series.
    Gordon, Jan 6, 2004
  7. pete

    pete Guest

    "The Bar Code People" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Pete,
    > What is the brand/model of the scanner? We may be able to offer

    alternative
    > battery solutions.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andy Craig
    > DataCol Solutions
    > www.datacol.co.nz

    Videx TimeWand II. Tiny little thing about ciggy packet size
    http://www.videx.com/dc_html/tw2.shtml

    pete, Jan 6, 2004
  8. pete

    K & S Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:51:19 +1300, "Gordon" <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:23:02 +1300, K & S wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:39:07 +1300, pete <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone know of an NZ source for nicads of the following dimensions: 22mm
    >>>diameter x 7 mm thick. Markings on the tpo (positive) side are "Z 2A110"
    >>>and "913". They are out of a hand-held barcode scanner that I'd like to get
    >>>working. The original batteries are arranged side by side, with a welded
    >>>strap joining a positive side to the other batteries negative. Internet
    >>>searches and local camera shops haven't come up with anything. Thanks in
    >>>advance.

    >> Try this Trade firm, try and order direct or from a TV service shop.
    >>
    >> http://www.tesa.co.nz/
    >>
    >> the 913 is the date I think..
    >>
    >> Year 91 March..
    >>
    >> 2.4V 110ma, not a Normal 1.2V Nicad, its a dual cell pack..

    >So there are two cells in series.

    Yes
    K & S, Jan 6, 2004