    I downloaded the latest windows update from microsoft, (not email), and now
    when I shut down my PC, the modem PC light stays on and the data light
    flashes as if I was still using the connection. How do i fix this?
    Jett78, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Jett78

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Jett78" <> wrote in
    news:p0Fnb.17536$:

    > I downloaded the latest windows update from microsoft, (not email),
    > and now when I shut down my PC, the modem PC light stays on and the
    > data light flashes as if I was still using the connection. How do i
    > fix this?

    .... It is perfectly normal to see a little bit of cable traffic when you
    aren't using the connection, mostly the result of script kiddies trying to
    find machines to hack into (no, you aren't risk, don't worry).

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Jett78

    Jett78 Guest

    it use to shut down the PC link when the PC was turned off though. is there
    a way to change it back how it was? someone said something about the "wake"
    function of the NIC but I'm unable to find out how to correct it.

    Jett78, Oct 29, 2003
  4. Jett78

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Jett78" <> wrote in

    > it use to shut down the PC link when the PC was turned off though. is
    > there a way to change it back how it was? someone said something about
    > the "wake" function of the NIC but I'm unable to find out how to
    > correct it.

    So you are saying the problem is the PC is off but the "PC Link" light
    stays on? Are you certain the machine is off?

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 29, 2003
  5. Jett78

    Jett78 Guest

    yup. start > turn off computer > shut down

    when i turn it back on it goes through the normal start up, not "come out of
    sleep mode"

    Jett78, Oct 29, 2003
  6. Jett78

    Jett78 Guest

    ok, I did a system restore back to the day before this problem started and
    it got rid of this problem, but gave me a new problem. when windows loads, I
    get this error:

    RUNDLL
    Error loading NvQTwk
    The specified module could not be found

    What did I do? Is this a missing file? Anyone know how to fix this?

    Jett78, Oct 29, 2003
  7. Jett78

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Jett78" <> wrote in news:GPJnb.17588$YO5.8689558
    @news3.news.adelphia.net:

    > What did I do? Is this a missing file? Anyone know how to fix this?

    That name looks like it is part of nVidia's driver set. Do you have an
    nVidia graphics card?

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 29, 2003
  8. Jett78

    vince Guest

    What was the big deal about a light on your network card. Chill

    vince, Oct 30, 2003