    I believe the former but I have read conflicting information.

    Thanks,

    Brian

    Brian, Dec 6, 2004

  2. "Brian" <> schrieb:
    > The Ngen documentations says that it installs a native image on the
    > "local" computer.
    >
    > Does this mean that NGen needs to be run on each computer an app is
    > deployed to or do you run NGen once on the build machine when creating the
    > msi?

    You will have to run "ngen" on every machine. This will install the native
    image into a special section called Native Image Cache of the GAC.

    BTW: I don't see how this question is related to the group
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd.

    --
    M S Herfried K. Wagner
    M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

    Herfried K. Wagner [MVP], Dec 6, 2004

  3. Brian

    LM Guest

    > Does this mean that NGen needs to be run on each computer an app is

    deployed

    yes, you should run ngen on every pc because it will generate a different
    exe file for any specific cpu
    bye

    ---

    LM, Dec 6, 2004
  4. >BTW: I don't see how this question is related to the group
    >microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd.

    Well apart from the fact the message was cross posted, I'd say this is
    about as on topic a post you're likely to get without in some way
    breaking the nda. Understanding the gac and installing dot net
    applications is covered on the exams, at least it was when i did them,
    so to me it's a perfectly acceptable question.

    Anyway back on topic, anyone got any braindumps 54-321 :)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Dec 7, 2004