    Si Guest

    The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming intollerable.

    Si.

    Si, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Si

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Si" <> wrote in
    news:c4uo0c$fvm$:

    > The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming
    > intollerable.

    Learn to use your kill file ; ) Works great!

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Si

    Si Guest

    "Lucas Tam" <> wrote in message
    > "Si" <> wrote in
    >
    > > The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming
    > > intollerable.

    > Learn to use your kill file ; ) Works great!
    >

    > --

    Oh, I do know how to use it, it's just that I'm adding to it far too
    frequently.

    Si.

    Si, Apr 6, 2004
  4. Si

    Samuel Guest

    "Si" <> wrote in message
    > The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming

    intollerable.

    > Si.

    Why doesn't someone report these. I was once contacted by my ISP with a
    WARNING and to contact them right away by phone. I was then scolded and
    called a SPAMMER because I replied to a post that was crossposted to a coin
    collecting group. I was on a political NG and was unaware I had violated any
    rules and only responded to an on topic post to the group I was on. Comcast
    said I had to go to a Microsoft site somewhere to read up on what I did
    wrong. They couldn't even tell me where to find the info I needed. What
    should I have said to Comcast in reply to what I did wrong? I agreed and
    promised to never misbehave again. So next time I should tell them to piss
    up a rope?

    Samuel, Apr 6, 2004
  5. Si

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Si" <> wrote in news:c4ut57$gn7$1
    @newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:

    > Oh, I do know how to use it, it's just that I'm adding to it far too
    > frequently.

    You're not filtering by the right words then (or by the proper regular
    expressions).

    I haven't updated my killfile for 3 - 4 months and the group is looking
    good.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Apr 6, 2004
  6. Si

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Samuel" <> wrote in news:wNDcc.197382$1p.2264289
    @attbi_s54:

    > What
    > should I have said to Comcast in reply to what I did wrong?

    Just tell them you didn't realize you cross posted - that you just replied
    to a spam message (which in itself is a bad idea) : )

    Next time make sure your post is not being crossposted. hehe

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Apr 6, 2004
  7. Si

    Maggot Guest

    Lucas Tam <> wrote in

    > "Si" <> wrote in news:c4ut57$gn7$1
    > @newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:
    >
    >> Oh, I do know how to use it, it's just that I'm adding to it far too
    >> frequently.

    > You're not filtering by the right words then (or by the proper regular
    > expressions).
    >
    > I haven't updated my killfile for 3 - 4 months and the group is looking
    > good.

    I have to agree, someone posted some filters for Xnews (was that you Lucas?)
    and I've had no problems with spammers in this NG.

    Mike

    --
    "All my friends can't be wrong!"
    Remember, stupidity runs in herds.

    Maggot, Apr 6, 2004
  8. Si

    Samuel Guest

    "Lucas Tam" <> wrote in message
    > "Samuel" <> wrote in news:wNDcc.197382$1p.2264289
    > @attbi_s54:
    >
    > > What
    > > should I have said to Comcast in reply to what I did wrong?

    > Just tell them you didn't realize you cross posted - that you just replied
    > to a spam message (which in itself is a bad idea) : )

    I didn't respond to a spammer. I responded correctly if one were to go by
    the habits of everyone on this group. I am saying I was reported for what
    everyone else is doing here and no one seems to complain or care.

    > Next time make sure your post is not being crossposted. hehe

    What ARE the rules about crossposting anyway I never did go search like
    Comcast said I should. I just do what everyone else seems to do.
    The way I feel now is that if Comcast gives me the same shit they did last
    time I will respond in a different way. Unfortunately this group seems to be
    the most polluted one I have sever seen. To bad too as the photo guys are a
    nice group.

    Samuel, Apr 7, 2004
  9. Si

    John Navas Guest

    In <wNDcc.197382$1p.2264289@attbi_s54> on Tue, 06 Apr 2004 19:45:33 GMT,
    "Samuel" <> wrote:

    >"Si" <> wrote in message
    >> The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming

    >intollerable.
    >>

    > Why doesn't someone report these.

    People have, but not all ISPs will take action.

    >I was once contacted by my ISP with a
    >WARNING and to contact them right away by phone. I was then scolded and
    >called a SPAMMER because I replied to a post that was crossposted to a coin
    >collecting group. I was on a political NG and was unaware I had violated any
    >rules and only responded to an on topic post to the group I was on. Comcast
    >said I had to go to a Microsoft site somewhere to read up on what I did
    >wrong. They couldn't even tell me where to find the info I needed. What
    >should I have said to Comcast in reply to what I did wrong? I agreed and
    >promised to never misbehave again. So next time I should tell them to piss
    >up a rope?

    Not unless you want to change ISPs.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Apr 7, 2004
  10. Si

    Samuel Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <wNDcc.197382$1p.2264289@attbi_s54> on Tue, 06 Apr 2004 19:45:33 GMT,
    > "Samuel" <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Si" <> wrote in message
    > >> The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming

    > >intollerable.
    > >>

    > > Why doesn't someone report these.

    > People have, but not all ISPs will take action.
    >
    > >I was once contacted by my ISP with a
    > >WARNING and to contact them right away by phone. I was then scolded and
    > >called a SPAMMER because I replied to a post that was crossposted to a

    coin
    > >collecting group. I was on a political NG and was unaware I had violated

    any
    > >rules and only responded to an on topic post to the group I was on.

    Comcast
    > >said I had to go to a Microsoft site somewhere to read up on what I did
    > >wrong. They couldn't even tell me where to find the info I needed. What
    > >should I have said to Comcast in reply to what I did wrong? I agreed and
    > >promised to never misbehave again. So next time I should tell them to

    piss
    > >up a rope?

    > Not unless you want to change ISPs.

    Well around here anyway, the ISPs are like the cable co. No one else to go
    to. Monopoly? Maybe there would be better quality if there was some
    competition.

    Samuel, Apr 7, 2004
  11. Si

    Annika1980 Guest

    "Samuel" <> wrote

    [SNIPPED CRAP]

    Hey Samuel, I am going to report you to Comcast for using a fake email address to
    post to Usenet. Yes, they take that shit seriously. Don't think that it is OK because
    everyone does it. You are still using the Comcast domain to post, but use NOSPAM
    as your Comcast ID, which is obviously a fake. This is causing spam to be sent to an
    undeliverable address on the Comcast network. This makes you as bad as a fucking
    spammer. You should switch to a munged version of a real address. However, it is
    too late. You have already fucked up. Since they have warned you in the past, you
    can probably expect to have your account terminated once they get my report. Suck
    my cock, asshole.

    Annika1980, Apr 7, 2004
  12. Si

    Ralph Linker Guest

    John Navas <> wrote in

    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <wNDcc.197382$1p.2264289@attbi_s54> on Tue, 06 Apr 2004
    > 19:45:33 GMT, "Samuel" <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Si" <> wrote in message
    >>> The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming

    >>intollerable.
    >>>

    >> Why doesn't someone report these.

    > People have, but not all ISPs will take action.

    The more people report these... certainly more ISP's will take action!

    Reporting is better than putting 'blinders' on and filtering them out.

    --

    Some remailers will take action. Most do not. :(

    Ralph Linker, Apr 7, 2004
  13. Si

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Samuel" <> wrote in news:L1Hcc.85923$JO3.44137
    @attbi_s04:

    > What ARE the rules about crossposting anyway I never did go search like
    > Comcast said I should.

    Crossposting is OK in moderation and as long as it's on topic. But, there
    are some (Net Nazis) that will yell and scream even if you crosspost to
    only 2 groups.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Apr 7, 2004
  14. Si

    Samuel Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > "Samuel" <> wrote
    >
    > [SNIPPED CRAP]
    >

    > Hey Samuel, I am going to report you to Comcast for using a fake email

    address to
    > post to Usenet. Yes, they take that shit seriously. Don't think that it is

    OK because
    > everyone does it. You are still using the Comcast domain to post, but use

    NOSPAM
    > as your Comcast ID, which is obviously a fake. This is causing spam to be

    sent to an
    > undeliverable address on the Comcast network. This makes you as bad as a

    fucking
    > spammer. You should switch to a munged version of a real address. However,

    it is
    > too late. You have already fucked up. Since they have warned you in the

    past, you
    > can probably expect to have your account terminated once they get my

    report. Suck
    > my cock, asshole.

    Very well put. We are all proud of the way you explain things. If you would
    point me to a rule book or a link then I would be very grateful. How did you
    learn all you know and thus become so smart?

    Regards
    Sam

    Samuel, Apr 7, 2004
  15. Si

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Maggot <> wrote in

    > I have to agree, someone posted some filters for Xnews (was that you
    > Lucas?) and I've had no problems with spammers in this NG.

    That could have been me, one other person posted their Xnews Filters as
    well.

    Here is what I use:

    Score:: -9999
    From: enough@idontcare\.com
    From: Pedre Bepetiso

    Score:: -9999
    Subject: cum|c\.u\.m\.|cock|c\.o\.c\.k\.|****|c\.u\.n\.t\.
    Subject: ****|f\.u\.c\.k\.
    Subject: penis|p\.e\.n\.i\.s\.|pen.s|p\.e\.n\..\.s\.
    Subject: asshole|a\.s\.s\.h\.o\.l\.e\.

    Score:: -9999

    Occasionally I get a false positive, but it filters out alot of the junk.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Apr 7, 2004
  16. Si

    Trevor S Guest

    "Samuel" <> wrote in

    <snip>

    > What ARE the rules about crossposting anyway I never did go search
    > like

    Assuming RFC 1855 as the guide:

    http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html

    Section 3.1.3

    "If you feel an article will be of interest to more than one Newsgroup, be
    sure to CROSSPOST the article rather than individually post it to those
    groups. In general, probably only five-to-six groups will have similar
    enough interests to warrant this"

    eg I have X-News set to kill the thread when the crossposting is to more
    then 5 groups.

    --
    Trevor S

    -Albert Einstein

    Trevor S, Apr 7, 2004
  17. Si

    Samuel Guest

    "Trevor S" <> wrote in message
    > "Samuel" <> wrote in
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > > What ARE the rules about crossposting anyway I never did go search
    > > like

    > Assuming RFC 1855 as the guide:
    >
    > http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html
    >
    > Section 3.1.3
    >
    > "If you feel an article will be of interest to more than one Newsgroup, be
    > sure to CROSSPOST the article rather than individually post it to those
    > groups. In general, probably only five-to-six groups will have similar
    > enough interests to warrant this"
    >
    > eg I have X-News set to kill the thread when the crossposting is to more
    > then 5 groups.
    >
    > --
    > Trevor S
    >

    > "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    > -Albert Einstein

    Thanks Trevor.
    Sam

    Samuel, Apr 7, 2004
  18. Si

    stewy Guest

    "Si" <> wrote in message
    > The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming

    intollerable.

    Don't you mean introllerable?

    stewy, Apr 7, 2004
  19. Probably the first thing he did "Samuel" was Read the conditions of use.
    That would make him about 300 times smarter than you.

    Douglas (the address is real too!)

    Douglas MacDonald, Apr 7, 2004
  20. Si

    Samuel Guest

    "Douglas MacDonald" <> wrote in message
    > Probably the first thing he did "Samuel" was Read the conditions of use.
    > That would make him about 300 times smarter than you.

    So what is your beef? How do you know WHAT my real email address is if this
    is what bothers you. Don't they call you a TROLL?

    NOSPAMsam

    Samuel, Apr 7, 2004