[NG] news:rec.photo.digital.slr-systems is online

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alan Browne, Oct 31, 2004.

  1. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    For those unaware, r.p.e.slr-systems has been operating for a few days now.

    Please take all digital SLR camera specific discussions there.

    The new newsgroup is for cameras such as the Canon 10D/20D/D60, 1Ds, Nikon D100,
    D70, D2X/H, D1X/H Pentax D *ist D, Fuji S3, Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 7D and similar
    cameras.

    That is to say, SLR cameras that use interchangeable lenses, accessory flashes, etc.

    It will take a while to build critical mass. So please participate
    enthusiastically while keeping expectations moderate until it does build up some
    steam.

    Your ISP may not yet be carrying it ... send them e-mail...

    Try clicking: news:rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    (Personally I'm a bit frustrated as my own ISP hasn't started carrying it yet
    .... but it is available via Google Groups).

    Cheers,
    Alan.
    Alan Browne, Oct 31, 2004

  2. Alan Browne

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <ln8hd.16143$>,
    says...

    > For those unaware, r.p.e.slr-systems has been operating for a few days now.
    >
    > Please take all digital SLR camera specific discussions there.
    >
    > The new newsgroup is for cameras such as the Canon 10D/20D/D60, 1Ds, Nikon D100,
    > D70, D2X/H, D1X/H Pentax D *ist D, Fuji S3, Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 7D and similar
    > cameras.

    The Sigma is not allowed ?
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Oct 31, 2004

  3. Alan Browne

    Fi Nishing Guest

    "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message

    > For those unaware, r.p.e.slr-systems has been operating for a few days

    now.

    > Please take all digital SLR camera specific discussions there.

    No.

    > The new newsgroup is for cameras such as the Canon 10D/20D/D60, 1Ds, Nikon

    D100,
    > D70, D2X/H, D1X/H Pentax D *ist D, Fuji S3, Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 7D and

    similar
    > cameras.

    Well, I qualify, but my friend with a 300D apparently doesn't
    Fi Nishing, Oct 31, 2004
  4. Alan Browne

    ejb Guest

    > Please take all digital SLR camera specific discussions there.
    >
    > > That is to say, SLR cameras that use interchangeable lenses, accessory

    flashes, etc.

    So,as I use an Oly E20 digital slr,there'll be nothing here for me then.
    ejb, Oct 31, 2004
  5. Alan Browne

    RacerX Guest

    Well bummer i got a Digital Rebel, i was still going to go and have a look
    see but my comcast-giganews account doesnt carry it. Any ideas???

    RacerX, Oct 31, 2004
  6. Alan Browne

    Michael Guest

    "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message news:ln8hd.16143$...

    > For those unaware, r.p.e.slr-systems has been operating for a few days now.
    >
    > Please take all digital SLR camera specific discussions there.
    >
    > The new newsgroup is for cameras such as the Canon 10D/20D/D60, 1Ds, Nikon D100,
    > D70, D2X/H, D1X/H Pentax D *ist D, Fuji S3, Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 7D and similar
    > cameras.
    >
    > That is to say, SLR cameras that use interchangeable lenses, accessory flashes, etc.
    >
    > It will take a while to build critical mass. So please participate
    > enthusiastically while keeping expectations moderate until it does build up some
    > steam.
    >
    > Your ISP may not yet be carrying it ... send them e-mail...

    Earthlink, the world's second largest ISP have not added any
    new groups since 1/1/04, including these groups. So a large
    chunk of SLR discussion will remain here at least for the
    foreseeable future. You'll have to read both groups if you
    want full coverage.

    Mike
    Michael, Oct 31, 2004
  7. Alfred Molon <> wrote in

    > The Sigma is not allowed ?

    It is, unfortunately.

    --
    Bill
    Woodchuck Bill, Oct 31, 2004
  8. "Fi Nishing" <> wrote in news:2ukl7aF2bjgg7U1@uni-
    berlin.de:

    > Well, I qualify, but my friend with a 300D apparently doesn't

    Sure it does. He didn't list *every* dSLR.

    --
    Bill
    Woodchuck Bill, Oct 31, 2004
  9. "ejb" <> wrote in

    > So,as I use an Oly E20 digital slr,there'll be nothing here for me then.

    The group for you is either here in RPD, or the new rec.photo.digital.zlr
    group.

    --
    Bill
    Woodchuck Bill, Oct 31, 2004
  10. Alan Browne <> wrote in

    > It will take a while to build critical mass. So please participate
    > enthusiastically while keeping expectations moderate until it does
    > build up some steam.
    >
    > Your ISP may not yet be carrying it ... send them e-mail...
    >
    > Try clicking: news:rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
    >
    > (Personally I'm a bit frustrated as my own ISP hasn't started carrying
    > it yet ... but it is available via Google Groups).

    If anyone is interested, there is a free news server
    "freenews.netfront.net". This server carries all four new digital photo
    groups, and no posts are missing from the spool. No user name or
    password required.

    --
    Bill
    Woodchuck Bill, Oct 31, 2004
  11. Alan Browne

    DDDD Guest

    "Woodchuck Bill" <> wrote in message
    > Alfred Molon <> wrote in
    >
    >> The Sigma is not allowed ?

    > It is, unfortunately.
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    Many people have not as yet learned to read. The original message said
    "such as" and listed some cameras. That would indicate that there are more
    that weren't listed. Read - rather than post sarcastic remarks.

    DDDD
    DDDD, Oct 31, 2004
  12. "RacerX" <> wrote in

    > Well bummer i got a Digital Rebel, i was still going to go and have a
    > look see but my comcast-giganews account doesnt carry it. Any ideas???

    Request it from your news provider and you should have it within a few
    days.

    --
    Bill
    Woodchuck Bill, Oct 31, 2004
  13. "Michael" <> wrote in news::

    > Earthlink, the world's second largest ISP have not added any
    > new groups since 1/1/04, including these groups. So a large
    > chunk of SLR discussion will remain here at least for the
    > foreseeable future. You'll have to read both groups if you
    > want full coverage.

    Hi Rick, I see you changed your handle to "Mike". ;-) If you put in an
    official request, they will probably add the new groups if you are
    interested.

    --
    Bill
    Woodchuck Bill, Oct 31, 2004
  14. Alan Browne

    Dave Guest

    Ditto. I'm happy here, but thanks anyway.
    Dave, Oct 31, 2004
  15. Alan Browne

    Michael Guest

    "Woodchuck Bill" <> wrote in message news:Xns959366860C3B2bswr607h4@130.133.1.4...
    > "Michael" <> wrote in news::
    >
    > > Earthlink, the world's second largest ISP have not added any
    > > new groups since 1/1/04, including these groups. So a large
    > > chunk of SLR discussion will remain here at least for the
    > > foreseeable future. You'll have to read both groups if you
    > > want full coverage.

    > If you put in an official request, they will probably add the
    > new groups if you are interested.

    Guess again.

    Mike
    Michael, Oct 31, 2004
  16. In article <>, Alfred
    Molon <> wrote:

    > The Sigma is not allowed ?

    I don't know if they allow kiddie cameras or not.
    Randall Ainsworth, Oct 31, 2004
  17. In article <>, Michael
    <> wrote:

    > Earthlink, the world's second largest ISP have not added any
    > new groups since 1/1/04, including these groups. So a large
    > chunk of SLR discussion will remain here at least for the
    > foreseeable future. You'll have to read both groups if you
    > want full coverage.

    You might want to think about switching to a *REAL* ISP.
    Randall Ainsworth, Oct 31, 2004
  18. Randall Ainsworth <> wrote in

    >> Earthlink, the world's second largest ISP have not added any
    >> new groups since 1/1/04, including these groups. So a large
    >> chunk of SLR discussion will remain here at least for the
    >> foreseeable future. You'll have to read both groups if you
    >> want full coverage.

    > You might want to think about switching to a *REAL* ISP

    Yeah. The "second largest ISP" is also one of the biggest spam houses.

    --
    Bill
    Woodchuck Bill, Oct 31, 2004
  19. Alan Browne

    Charles Guest

    In article <ln8hd.16143$>, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:

    > For those unaware, r.p.e.slr-systems has been operating for a few days now.
    >
    > Please take all digital SLR camera specific discussions there.

    I will when I can get one of my ISP's to carry out. Right now zero for
    two. Based on past experience I suspect it will be a few weeks before
    all the major ISP's pick up the new groups.

    --
    Charles
    Charles, Oct 31, 2004
  20. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:

    > In article <ln8hd.16143$>,
    > says...
    >
    >>For those unaware, r.p.e.slr-systems has been operating for a few days now.
    >>
    >>Please take all digital SLR camera specific discussions there.
    >>
    >>The new newsgroup is for cameras such as the Canon 10D/20D/D60, 1Ds, Nikon D100,
    >>D70, D2X/H, D1X/H Pentax D *ist D, Fuji S3, Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 7D and similar
    >>cameras.

    > The Sigma is not allowed ?

    Sure it's allowed. I said "such as" and "similar", it's not an exhaustive list.

    Alan Browne, Oct 31, 2004