NG Newbie With Simple Question (hopefully)

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Lee Peedin, Jul 26, 2006.

  1. Lee Peedin

    Lee Peedin Guest

    I hope this is the correct NG to post this query - if now, please
    accept my apology.

    One of the really nice features about Thunderbird is the ability to
    "color-code" email messages by simply pressing a number when the
    message is high-lighted (1=red, 3=Green, 4=Blue, etc.).

    Since I separate my emails into multiple folders under the InBox, it
    would be nice to be able to color code a "folder name" as well - just
    as a reminder to myself that I have a "priority" email in that folder.

    It would be nice if it was "automatic", but a manual method would be
    fine as well.

    Thanks,
    Lee Peedin
    President, The Rexx Language Association
    www.rexxla.org

    Lee Peedin, Jul 26, 2006

  2. Lee Peedin

    gwtc Guest

    Lee Peedin wrote:
    > I hope this is the correct NG to post this query - if now, please
    > accept my apology.
    >
    > One of the really nice features about Thunderbird is the ability to
    > "color-code" email messages by simply pressing a number when the
    > message is high-lighted (1=red, 3=Green, 4=Blue, etc.).
    >
    > Since I separate my emails into multiple folders under the InBox, it
    > would be nice to be able to color code a "folder name" as well - just
    > as a reminder to myself that I have a "priority" email in that folder.
    >
    > It would be nice if it was "automatic", but a manual method would be
    > fine as well.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Lee Peedin
    > President, The Rexx Language Association
    > www.rexxla.org

    This "color-coding" you are talking about is labelling messages.

    To color code a folder, not that I'm aware of

    --
    So, You Think You Know Everything?

    Guess Who came before Who.

    gwtc, Jul 26, 2006

  3. Lee Peedin

    Lee Peedin Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:19:43 -0700, gwtc <>
    wrote:

    >Lee Peedin wrote:
    >> I hope this is the correct NG to post this query - if now, please
    >> accept my apology.
    >>
    >> One of the really nice features about Thunderbird is the ability to
    >> "color-code" email messages by simply pressing a number when the
    >> message is high-lighted (1=red, 3=Green, 4=Blue, etc.).
    >>
    >> Since I separate my emails into multiple folders under the InBox, it
    >> would be nice to be able to color code a "folder name" as well - just
    >> as a reminder to myself that I have a "priority" email in that folder.
    >>
    >> It would be nice if it was "automatic", but a manual method would be
    >> fine as well.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Lee Peedin
    >> President, The Rexx Language Association
    >> www.rexxla.org
    >>

    >This "color-coding" you are talking about is labelling messages.
    >
    >To color code a folder, not that I'm aware of

    Thanks for the reply - I was afriad there wasn't a way to "label" a
    folder.
    Might make a nice add-in. :)

    Lee

    Lee Peedin, Jul 26, 2006