    --
    Greetings
    Alexander de Rooij

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxleGFuZGVy?=, May 12, 2007

  2. What language version of Server are we talking about, and I'm assuming both
    servers are running x64 R2, correct? And that the installation was done from
    Add/Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 12, 2007

  3. Hi Charlie,

    Yes, both x64 SP2 English and NFS was added from Add/Remove Programs ->
    Add/Remove Windows Components. Inserted CD 2 and tried to start the services.

    --
    Greetings Alexander

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxleGFuZGVy?=, May 12, 2007
  4. Then something is interfering in the one that doesn't work, and I'm not at
    all sure what it could be. There's nothing special here, it's pretty
    straight forward. Now getting connections that are properly authenticated
    can be tricky, especially if you're still using User Name Mapping, but the
    service not starting is a new one.

    I'd start by looking at what is different between the server that works and
    the one that doesn't. What roles are on each, what services are running,
    what software in installed, etc. Try to identify what the cause could be.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 13, 2007