    I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
    update or version of windows?

    Anybody know?

    James, Feb 2, 2005

  2. James

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    news:ctp5v7$rdj$...
    | I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
    | update or version of windows?

    So is Bill Gates.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 2, 2005

  3. James

    James Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "James" <> wrote in message
    > | I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
    > | update or version of windows?
    > |
    > So is Bill Gates.

    What do you mean? Are you saying they dont even know when they are planning
    a newer version??? This can't be true man.

    James, Feb 2, 2005
  4. James

    Old Gringo Guest

    James wrote:
    > I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
    > update or version of windows?
    >
    > Anybody know?

    In the works. Maybe late next year "Longhorn"

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Feb 2, 2005
  5. James

    Old Gringo Guest

    James wrote:
    > I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
    > update or version of windows?
    >
    > Anybody know?

    Sorry, left this out.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/Longhorn/productinfo/

    Old Gringo, Feb 2, 2005
  6. James

    Ira Hayes Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
    > update or version of windows?
    >
    > Anybody know?

    Yeah dude, I know...and I could tell you. But then I'd have to ...........
    (well, you know the rest).

    Ike

    P.S. OK, I'll say. It'll be released April 1st.

    Ira Hayes, Feb 2, 2005
  7. James

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Ira Hayes" <> wrote in message
    | "James" <> wrote in message
    | > I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
    | > update or version of windows?
    | >
    | > Anybody know?
    |
    | Yeah dude, I know...and I could tell you. But then I'd have to ...........
    | (well, you know the rest).
    |
    | Ike
    |
    | P.S. OK, I'll say. It'll be released April 1st.

    (snicker!)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 2, 2005
  8. James

    SgtMinor Guest

    James wrote:

    > I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
    > update or version of windows?
    >
    > Anybody know?

    Why, James? Did you send Gates a bunch of suggestions for improving the
    product and you're anxious to see if MS incorporated them? Or are you
    anxious to dig into a fresh steaming pile of crap?

    SgtMinor, Feb 2, 2005
  9. James

    James Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > James wrote:
    >> I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
    >> update or version of windows?
    >>
    >> Anybody know?
    >>

    > In the works. Maybe late next year "Longhorn"

    Is it like going to be greatly different than XP? How long is XP going to
    remain "up to date" before I have to think about updates and how long will
    office 2003 be up to date?

    James, Feb 2, 2005
  10. James

    James Guest

    "Ira Hayes" <> wrote in message
    > "James" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
    >> update or version of windows?
    >>
    >> Anybody know?

    > Yeah dude, I know...and I could tell you. But then I'd have to ...........
    > (well, you know the rest).
    >
    > Ike
    >
    > P.S. OK, I'll say. It'll be released April 1st.

    Are you talking about THIS april? in 2005?

    James, Feb 2, 2005
  11. James

    James Guest

    "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > James wrote:
    >
    >> I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
    >> update or version of windows?
    >>
    >> Anybody know?
    >>

    > Why, James? Did you send Gates a bunch of suggestions for improving the
    > product and you're anxious to see if MS incorporated them? Or are you
    > anxious to dig into a fresh steaming pile of crap?

    I'm keen to see what additional benefits, features and services that
    Microsoft can come up with. I heard the next one is going to be even more
    feature packed with further security.

    James, Feb 2, 2005
  12. James

    elaich Guest

    "James" <> wrote in

    > I'm keen to see what additional benefits, features and services that
    > Microsoft can come up with. I heard the next one is going to be even
    > more feature packed with further security.

    Yeah, like you won't be able to play media on your own computer without a
    digital license that has to be checked by Microsoft every time you cue it
    up.

    Get a clue, dude. Microsoft knows jack shit about security. What they are
    really good at is squeezing out the extra buck.

    Longhorn was originally supposed to be released in 2003. The fact that it's
    2 years late, and Microsoft has extended support for Windows 98 ought to
    tell you something.

    elaich, Feb 2, 2005
  13. James

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 00:28:39 -0000, James wrote:

    >"Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "James" <> wrote in message
    >> | I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
    >> | update or version of windows?
    >> |
    >> So is Bill Gates.

    >What do you mean? Are you saying they dont even know when they are planning
    >a newer version??? This can't be true man.

    Depends what you mean by the next version, XP 64bit is in RC1 stage just
    now, and ho ho ho maybe an April/May (IIRC) release date.

    Me

    why?, Feb 2, 2005