    How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
    VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

    Thanks
    Port Admiral Haynes, Feb 2, 2007

  2. Port Admiral Haynes

    Scope Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    > How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
    > VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

    I dont think you are able to, sorry.
    Scope, Feb 2, 2007

  3. Port Admiral Haynes

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 13:36:10 GMT, Scope <> wrote:

    >Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    >> How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
    >> VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

    >I dont think you are able to, sorry.

    At least it is 'Unavailable' - much better then 'Withheld' as that can
    result in blocking to some numbers.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Feb 2, 2007
  4. Port Admiral Haynes

    Herman Guest

    "Scope" <> wrote in message
    > Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    >> How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
    >> VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

    > I dont think you are able to, sorry.

    You can with voipcheap so it should be possible for voipdiscount. I know
    you have to do it all through the softphone (latest version) for it to work.
    If I remember correctly you need to set your mobile number in the personal
    settings box (taking care to enter in 00447 format), then verify the number
    and set as CLI. Could be that I have remembered it wrong. Doesn't work for
    landline numbers.

    Try searching the group as I think I contributed to an earlier thread on the
    subject.
    Herman, Feb 2, 2007
  5. Port Admiral Haynes

    Scope Guest

    Herman wrote:
    > You can with voipcheap so it should be possible for voipdiscount. I know
    > you have to do it all through the softphone (latest version) for it to work.
    > If I remember correctly you need to set your mobile number in the personal
    > settings box (taking care to enter in 00447 format), then verify the number
    > and set as CLI. Could be that I have remembered it wrong. Doesn't work for
    > landline numbers.

    Sorry, Yes you can.. Atleast to a mobile number.. The setting is in the
    latest software. Would be nice if you could set a landline number aswell. :)
    Scope, Feb 2, 2007
  6. Port Admiral Haynes

    dmitri Guest

    > You can with voipcheap so it should be possible for voipdiscount. I know
    > you have to do it all through the softphone (latest version) for it to work.
    > If I remember correctly you need to set your mobile number in the personal
    > settings box (taking care to enter in 00447 format), then verify the number
    > and set as CLI. Could be that I have remembered it wrong. Doesn't work for
    > landline numbers.
    >
    > Try searching the group as I think I contributed to an earlier thread on the
    > subject.

    I had my mobile # verified through softphone but it only shows up "From" in
    SMSes, not when dialing from ATA. I use VoipCheapCom, VOIP GATEWAY 102
    with "Caller ID Scheme" set to "ETSI-FSK(UK-CCA), "Send Anonymous"(If
    "Yes", caller ID will be blocked) set to "No". My ID come as "UNAVAILABLE"
    though.

    Has anybody succeded?
    dmitri, Feb 5, 2007
  7. Port Admiral Haynes

    Herman Guest

    "dmitri" <> wrote in message

    >> You can with voipcheap so it should be possible for voipdiscount. I know
    >> you have to do it all through the softphone (latest version) for it to
    >> work.
    >> If I remember correctly you need to set your mobile number in the
    >> personal
    >> settings box (taking care to enter in 00447 format), then verify the
    >> number
    >> and set as CLI. Could be that I have remembered it wrong. Doesn't work
    >> for
    >> landline numbers.
    >>
    >> Try searching the group as I think I contributed to an earlier thread on
    >> the
    >> subject.

    > I had my mobile # verified through softphone but it only shows up "From"
    > in
    > SMSes, not when dialing from ATA. I use VoipCheapCom, VOIP GATEWAY 102
    > with "Caller ID Scheme" set to "ETSI-FSK(UK-CCA), "Send Anonymous"(If
    > "Yes", caller ID will be blocked) set to "No". My ID come as "UNAVAILABLE"
    > though.
    >
    > Has anybody succeded?

    As I said I got it to work via voipcheap com. Make sure your mobile number
    appears as 00447.... and not as +447.... To do this you need to enter it
    through the softphone, NOT on the web. If my memory serves me right, you
    then just need to verify and set as caller ID and hey presto! It doesn't
    seem to work all the time on calls to mobile numbers but no problem with
    landlines.
    Herman, Feb 7, 2007
  8. Port Admiral Haynes

    Tim Bray Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    > How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
    > VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

    I'm not sure if possible on VoipDiscount.

    But lack of outbound caller ID is a common feature on cheap service
    providers. You get what you pay for.

    Tim
    Tim Bray, Feb 8, 2007
  9. Port Admiral Haynes

    Oldie Guest

    In article <uctyh.3213$>,
    "Herman" <> wrote:

    (snipped)

    > As I said I got it to work via voipcheap com. Make sure your mobile number
    > appears as 00447.... and not as +447.... To do this you need to enter it
    > through the softphone, NOT on the web. If my memory serves me right, you
    > then just need to verify and set as caller ID and hey presto! It doesn't
    > seem to work all the time on calls to mobile numbers but no problem with
    > landlines.

    Does it work with an ATA as well as on the softphone?

    Oldie
    Oldie, Feb 8, 2007
  10. Port Admiral Haynes

    Herman Guest

    "Oldie" <> wrote in message
    > In article <uctyh.3213$>,
    > "Herman" <> wrote:
    >
    > (snipped)
    >>
    >> As I said I got it to work via voipcheap com. Make sure your mobile
    >> number
    >> appears as 00447.... and not as +447.... To do this you need to enter it
    >> through the softphone, NOT on the web. If my memory serves me right, you
    >> then just need to verify and set as caller ID and hey presto! It doesn't
    >> seem to work all the time on calls to mobile numbers but no problem with
    >> landlines.

    > Does it work with an ATA as well as on the softphone?
    >
    > Oldie

    Yes, but I believe you need to enter the number in the same format in one of
    the fields in the registration information. I have a Fritzbox and I put it
    in the Internet number box, and ticked the use internet number for
    registration box. IIRC Linksys/Sipura terminology for these two fields is
    AuthID and use AuthID.
    Herman, Feb 9, 2007
  11. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Herman was thinking very hard :
    > "Oldie" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <uctyh.3213$>,
    >> "Herman" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> (snipped)
    >>>
    >>> As I said I got it to work via voipcheap com. Make sure your mobile
    >>> number
    >>> appears as 00447.... and not as +447.... To do this you need to enter it
    >>> through the softphone, NOT on the web. If my memory serves me right, you
    >>> then just need to verify and set as caller ID and hey presto! It doesn't
    >>> seem to work all the time on calls to mobile numbers but no problem with
    >>> landlines.

    >> Does it work with an ATA as well as on the softphone?
    >>
    >> Oldie

    > Yes, but I believe you need to enter the number in the same format in one of
    > the fields in the registration information. I have a Fritzbox and I put it
    > in the Internet number box, and ticked the use internet number for
    > registration box. IIRC Linksys/Sipura terminology for these two fields is
    > AuthID and use AuthID.

    Well, bugger me. Thank you for making me revisit this.

    I have now got it woking with asterisk.

    In FreePBX/AMP, in the outbound trunk settings:

    allow=ulaw&alaw
    authuser=username
    disallow=all
    dtmfmode=rfc2833
    fromdomain=voipcheap.com
    fromuser=00447973123456
    host=sip.voipcheap.com
    insecure=very
    nat=yes
    qualify=yes
    secret=password
    type=friend
    username=username
    Jono, Feb 9, 2007
  12. Port Admiral Haynes

    Herman Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > Well, bugger me.

    No thanks.

    > Thank you for making me revisit this.

    You're welcome!
    Herman, Feb 10, 2007
  13. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Herman has brought this to us :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Well, bugger me.

    > No thanks.

    Well, it was more an exclamation than a request, anyway.
    Jono, Feb 10, 2007