    For any m4/3rd user, the NEX-7 is about the resolution, not the noise
    control.

    http://dpreview.com/news/1109/11091420sonynex7gallery.asp
    RichA, Sep 16, 2011

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >I'd say it's a worthy camera. It will have to go up against the
    >Panasonic GH-2 and the lenses are still a problem (some shots are
    >soft, could be noise reduction as well), but the overall quality (Yes,
    >I know the samples are JPEGS) looks good. I rarely shoot above 400
    >ISO if I can help it anyway.
    >
    >For any m4/3rd user, the NEX-7 is about the resolution, not the noise
    >control.
    >
    >http://dpreview.com/news/1109/11091420sonynex7gallery.asp

    The cameras used on the press day in San Diego apparently did not have
    the later version of firmware that will be available when they are
    released for retail sale. It's simply too early to judge the image
    quality.

    It's also probably not a good idea to judge a camera on the basis of
    mediocre snapshots of undemanding subjects. The real issues with the
    camera, if any, won't come to light until someone does a comprehensive
    test on some difficult subjects in some demanding lighting conditions.

    I think the only safe conclusion that can be drawn at this stage is
    that 24 million is a heck of a lot of pixels. ;-)

    Despite all the above caveats, I have ordered an NEX-7 for myself. <g>
    Bruce, Sep 16, 2011

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 16, 6:17 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > >I'd say it's a worthy camera.  It will have to go up against the
    > >Panasonic GH-2 and the lenses are still a problem (some shots are
    > >soft, could be noise reduction as well), but the overall quality (Yes,
    > >I know the samples are JPEGS) looks good.  I rarely shoot above 400
    > >ISO if I can help it anyway.

    > >For any m4/3rd user, the NEX-7 is about the resolution, not the noise
    > >control.

    > >http://dpreview.com/news/1109/11091420sonynex7gallery.asp

    > The cameras used on the press day in San Diego apparently did not have
    > the later version of firmware that will be available when they are
    > released for retail sale.  It's simply too early to judge the image
    > quality.
    >
    > It's also probably not a good idea to judge a camera on the basis of
    > mediocre snapshots of undemanding subjects.  The real issues with the
    > camera, if any, won't come to light until someone does a comprehensive
    > test on some difficult subjects in some demanding lighting conditions.
    >
    > I think the only safe conclusion that can be drawn at this stage is
    > that 24 million is a heck of a lot of pixels.  ;-)
    >
    > Despite all the above caveats, I have ordered an NEX-7 for myself. <g>

    Latest shots from the new Zeiss lens look ok wide open, but not great,
    not hyper sharp and there is some CA.. I don't anticipate any huge
    changes once the firmware is "firmed" up so what we see now (for
    JPEGs) is probably a good indication of the production model.
    RichA, Sep 16, 2011