    Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
    when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

    thanks

    AD, Apr 9, 2012

  2. AD

    nospam Guest

    In article
    <>, AD
    <> wrote:

    > Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
    > when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

    if you're getting a zap from *anything*, it's defective.

    nospam, Apr 9, 2012

  3. AD

    Irwell Guest

    On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:03:47 -0400, nospam wrote:

    > In article
    > <>, AD
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
    >> when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

    > if you're getting a zap from *anything*, it's defective.

    I think the OP is referring to Static build-up, usually
    happens when walking on some types of carpeting and
    touching a metal surface. Can be a bit painful if a big charge
    is built up, another reason to hate plastics?

    Irwell, Apr 9, 2012
  4. AD

    nospam Guest

    In article <wtbi9kx692jp.1aay64pcu404x$>, Irwell
    <> wrote:

    > >> Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
    > >> when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

    > > if you're getting a zap from *anything*, it's defective.

    > I think the OP is referring to Static build-up, usually
    > happens when walking on some types of carpeting and
    > touching a metal surface. Can be a bit painful if a big charge
    > is built up, another reason to hate plastics?

    if so, then anything metal will cause it. it's not an apple issue.

    nospam, Apr 9, 2012
  5. AD

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <wtbi9kx692jp.1aay64pcu404x$>,
    says...

    > On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:03:47 -0400, nospam wrote:
    >
    > > In article
    > > <>, AD
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
    > >> when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

    > > if you're getting a zap from *anything*, it's defective.

    > I think the OP is referring to Static build-up, usually
    > happens when walking on some types of carpeting and
    > touching a metal surface. Can be a bit painful if a big charge
    > is built up, another reason to hate plastics?

    Don't need plastics for that though. Wool carpet and a brass doorknob
    do fine.

    J. Clarke, Apr 9, 2012
  6. AD

    Irwell Guest

    On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 12:14:21 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

    > In article <wtbi9kx692jp.1aay64pcu404x$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:03:47 -0400, nospam wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article
    >>> <>, AD

    >>> if you're getting a zap from *anything*, it's defective.

    >> I think the OP is referring to Static build-up, usually
    >> happens when walking on some types of carpeting and
    >> touching a metal surface. Can be a bit painful if a big charge
    >> is built up, another reason to hate plastics?

    > Don't need plastics for that though. Wool carpet and a brass doorknob
    > do fine.

    Discharge yourself before diving into your computer.

    Irwell, Apr 9, 2012
  7. AD

    RichA Guest

    On Apr 9, 12:14 pm, "J. Clarke" <> wrote:
    > In article <wtbi9kx692jp.1aay64pcu404x$>,
    > says...
    >

    > > On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:03:47 -0400, nospam wrote:

    > > > In article
    > > > <>, AD

    > > > if you're getting a zap from *anything*, it's defective.

    > > I think the OP is referring to Static build-up, usually
    > > happens when walking on some types of carpeting and
    > > touching a metal surface. Can be a bit painful if a big charge
    > > is built up, another reason to hate plastics?

    > Don't need plastics for that though.  Wool carpet and a brass doorknob
    > do fine.

    I think static charge is built-up when someone has something plastic
    on their person, a partially synthetic jacket, shoes, etc.

    RichA, Apr 10, 2012
  8. AD

    AD Guest

    On Apr 10, 3:00 am, Bowser <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 02:30:04 -0700 (PDT), AD <> wrote:
    > >Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
    > >when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

    > >thanks

    > No, Sony zaps you when they sell you can camera with a great sensor
    > and crap lenses.

    What are the alternatives besides S100?
    tnx

    AD, Apr 16, 2012
  9. AD

    AD Guest

    Re: Nex-3/5/7, tethered chairs

    On Apr 9, 1:08 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2012-04-09 02:30:04 -0700, AD <> said:
    >
    > > Do you get zapped the same way you do with apple devices
    > > when you touch the Nex-3/5/7 cases?

    > > thanks

    > ...and what way is that? Inquiring minds wonder.

    I'm not a masochistic type.
    Don't need another zapper.

    > I have been accumulating Apple devices since 1983 and I have only been
    > zapped in my wallet.

    Good for you. Not so good for your wallet.
    I've been zapped by iphone 3GS, last gen ipod (bought new),
    all 3 generations of ipads.

    I guess the nylon coat will have to go though it rains a lot around
    this time of year here.

    The office has tiles, no sign US-style wall to wall carpeting.
    The chair upholstery is probably synthetic of cheaper ilk.
    Wonder if connecting the fabric to PG in the outlet would do any good.

    AD, Apr 16, 2012