    not have a VPN computer on my desktop. Is this a privacy concern?

    Thank you very much

    -NewVPNuser84

    Sky Rider, Jan 13, 2011

  2. Sky Rider

    Sky Rider Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:15:36 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    > On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:08:40 -0500, Sky Rider wrote:

    >> 1.) I really enjoy the Chrome Browser, but am concerned about privacy.
    >> As Google is said to have removed the Unique ID, do I have to be
    >> concerned about privacy using this browser- in particular when file
    >> sharing?

    > You're VPN gets you privacy so no worries, Mate...
    >
    >> 2.) The VPN software is currently on my laptop. I have a wireless
    >> connection to my desktop, which is a DSL (comcast) connection.

    > NEVER reveal your ISP...
    >
    >> I do not have a VPN computer on my desktop. Is this a privacy
    >> concern?

    > YES...install one...or use Tor...

    Thank you, DasFox. Question? Why not say The-ISP-Who-Shall-Not-Be
    Named <grin> and why is my desktop unprivate?

    Sky Rider, Jan 13, 2011

  3. Sky Rider

    Sky Rider Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:21:18 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    > On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:18:51 -0500, Sky Rider wrote:

    >>> You're VPN gets you privacy so no worries, Mate...

    >>> NEVER reveal your ISP...

    >>> YES...install one...or use Tor...

    >> Thank you, DasFox. Question? Why not say The-ISP-Who-Shall-Not-Be
    >> Named <grin> and why is my desktop unprivate?

    > OK let's talk TECH...
    >
    > Your ISP listens here...they have your IP...ISPs can be aggressive..
    >
    > 2) Desktop is unprivate because no VPN is in it...

    My ISP knows I am here?

    Sky Rider, Jan 13, 2011
  4. On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:22:47 -0500, Sky Rider wrote:

    > On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:21:18 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    >>> Thank you, DasFox. Question? Why not say The-ISP-Who-Shall-Not-Be
    >>> Named <grin> and why is my desktop unprivate?

    >> OK let's talk TECH...
    >>
    >> Your ISP listens here...they have your IP...ISPs can be aggressive..
    >>
    >> 2) Desktop is unprivate because no VPN is in it...

    > My ISP knows I am here?

    <munch munch mucnh>

    "Hey, Brenda, got any butter for this popcorn?"

    <munch munch munch>

    Sorry guys...TECH ON...

    lol
    --
    ´If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of
    men, I will find something in them which will hang him.¡ ~Cardinal

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 13, 2011
  5. Sky Rider

    Sky Rider Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:35:54 -0500, DasFox wrote:

    >>> My ISP knows I am here?

    >> <munch munch mucnh>
    >>
    >> "Hey, Brenda, got any butter for this popcorn?"
    >>
    >> <munch munch munch>
    >>
    >> Sorry guys...TECH ON...
    >>
    >> lol

    > Pay no attention to "Ari" the Looser...
    >
    > Your ISP knows all unless you VPN...
    >
    > So VPN...
    >
    > THANKS

    Thanks, DasFox. Arid who? :) One last question? Have you used VPN4All
    and how does it measure against Xerobank?

    Sky Rider, Jan 13, 2011
  6. Sky Rider

    heirophant Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:44:27 -0500, Sky Rider wrote:

    >>> <munch munch mucnh>
    >>>
    >>> "Hey, Brenda, got any butter for this popcorn?"
    >>>
    >>> <munch munch munch>
    >>>
    >>> Sorry guys...TECH ON...
    >>>
    >>> lol

    >> Pay no attention to "Ari" the Looser...
    >>
    >> Your ISP knows all unless you VPN...
    >>
    >> So VPN...
    >>
    >> THANKS

    > Thanks, DasFox. Arid who? :) One last question? Have you used VPN4All
    > and how does it measure against Xerobank?

    Xerobank is by far the most advanced and professional VPN service of
    all. I am applying my scientific attitude not being evasive. ;) ;) ;).
    One of the most enjoyable experiences is watching The Wizard (Steve
    Topletz :) ) slyly insert himself into Wilders Security threads.
    Clever is The Wizard. ;) ;) ;)

    <http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1812364&postcount=492>

    I thank God The Wizard has time to toss us this little jelly bean gems
    :) :) which is possible since the Xerobank help forum has been down
    since early Summer 2010.

    Trust Steve. Trust Xerobank. Trust that I never get free VPNs either.
    ;) ;0)

    --
    hierophant http://heresmypants.weebly.com/
    "Usenet is a trolls' wasteland that I pay no attention to and only

    heirophant, Jan 13, 2011
  7. Sky Rider

    Sky Rider Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:53:08 -0500, heirophant wrote:

    >>> Pay no attention to "Ari" the Looser...
    >>>
    >>> Your ISP knows all unless you VPN...
    >>>
    >>> So VPN...
    >>>
    >>> THANKS

    >> Thanks, DasFox. Arid who? :) One last question? Have you used VPN4All
    >> and how does it measure against Xerobank?

    > Xerobank is by far the most advanced and professional VPN service of
    > all. I am applying my scientific attitude not being evasive. ;) ;) ;).
    > One of the most enjoyable experiences is watching The Wizard (Steve
    > Topletz :) ) slyly insert himself into Wilders Security threads.
    > Clever is The Wizard. ;) ;) ;)
    >
    > <http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1812364&postcount=492>
    >
    > I thank God The Wizard has time to toss us this little jelly bean gems
    > :) :) which is possible since the Xerobank help forum has been down
    > since early Summer 2010.
    >
    > Trust Steve. Trust Xerobank. Trust that I never get free VPNs either.
    > ;) ;0)

    Thanks, heiropants, I'll sign up for Xerobank. Then go to Wilders
    Security forum and suck their collective LoWaterMark/Topletz dicks and
    get free VPNs like you!

    Sky Rider, Jan 13, 2011
  8. Sky Rider

    heirophant Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:56:13 -0500, Sky Rider wrote:

    >>> Thanks, DasFox. Arid who? :) One last question? Have you used VPN4All
    >>> and how does it measure against Xerobank?

    >> Xerobank is by far the most advanced and professional VPN service of
    >> all. I am applying my scientific attitude not being evasive. ;) ;) ;).
    >> One of the most enjoyable experiences is watching The Wizard (Steve
    >> Topletz :) ) slyly insert himself into Wilders Security threads.
    >> Clever is The Wizard. ;) ;) ;)
    >>
    >> <http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1812364&postcount=492>
    >>
    >> I thank God The Wizard has time to toss us this little jelly bean gems
    >> :) :) which is possible since the Xerobank help forum has been down
    >> since early Summer 2010.
    >>
    >> Trust Steve. Trust Xerobank. Trust that I never get free VPNs either.
    >> ;) ;0)

    > Thanks, heiropants, I'll sign up for Xerobank. Then go to Wilders
    > Security forum and suck their collective LoWaterMark/Topletz dicks and
    > get free VPNs like you!

    Thumbs Up!

    heirophant, Jan 13, 2011
  9. Sky Rider

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    DasFox <> wrote in news:igmint$km0$:

    > On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 05:03:00 -0500, DasFox wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:56:13 -0500, Sky Rider wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks, heiropants, I'll sign up for Xerobank. Then go to Wilders
    >>> Security forum and suck their collective LoWaterMark/Topletz dicks and
    >>> get free VPNs like you!

    >> Stop..read Tech...
    >>
    >> <http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1808485&postcount=454>

    > More TECh...
    >
    > <http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1808485&postcount=454>
    >
    > Am I getting through to you...?

    I am interested in security tech.

    What info can an ordinary person find out from whoishostingthis.com and other
    services about my site http://bearware.info ? I can't see why it says
    AttractSoft GmbH is responsible for my site.

    --
    Bear Bottoms
    Owner of freeware website: http://bearware.info

    Bear Bottoms, Jan 13, 2011
  10. Sky Rider

    Burkhard Ott Guest

    >>> My ISP knows I am here?

    > Pay no attention to "Ari" the Looser...
    >
    > Your ISP knows all unless you VPN...
    >
    > So VPN...
    >
    > THANKS

    Thats not entirely true, he just knows there is a connection between host
    a and host b as long as the payload is encrypted.
    3rd party VPN clients can contain a master key etc. summary you can never
    be sure that your payload is really private.

    cheers

    Burkhard Ott, Jan 13, 2011
  11. Sky Rider

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    DasFox <> wrote in news:igna48$bu8$:

    > On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 13:36:28 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:
    >
    >> DasFox <> wrote in news:igmint$km0$:

    >>> More TECh...
    >>>
    >>> <http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1808485&postcount=454>
    >>>
    >>> Am I getting through to you...?

    >> I am interested in security tech.
    >>
    >> What info can an ordinary person find out from whoishostingthis.com and
    >> other services about my site http://bearware.info ? I can't see why it
    >> says AttractSoft GmbH is responsible for my site.

    > You think I am going to fall for this trick, Goblin...?
    >
    > Keep in your mind who you are dealing with...LOL
    >
    > THANKS

    I don't know who you are. Presumably you are not the same person who made
    those DasFox posts on Wilders.

    Bear Bottoms, Jan 13, 2011
  12. On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 20:17:58 +0000 (UTC), Burkhard Ott wrote:

    >> Pay no attention to "Ari" the Looser...
    >>
    >> Your ISP knows all unless you VPN...
    >>
    >> So VPN...
    >>
    >> THANKS

    > Thats not entirely true, he just knows there is a connection between host
    > a and host b as long as the payload is encrypted.
    > 3rd party VPN clients can contain a master key etc. summary you can never
    > be sure that your payload is really private.
    >
    > cheers

    http://www.tcpdump.org/#

    cheers

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 13, 2011
  13. Sky Rider

    Anonymous Guest

    In article <igna48$bu8$>
    DasFox <> wrote:

    > You think I am going to fall for this trick, Goblin...?
    >
    > Keep in your mind who you are dealing with...LOL

    You are a sleuth to be reckoned with, DasFox. Get that Goblin!

    Anonymous, Jan 13, 2011
  14. Sky Rider

    Burkhard Ott Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:08:42 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:

    >> Thats not entirely true, he just knows there is a connection between
    >> host a and host b as long as the payload is encrypted. 3rd party VPN
    >> clients can contain a master key etc. summary you can never be sure
    >> that your payload is really private.
    >>
    >> cheers

    > http://www.tcpdump.org/#
    >
    > cheers

    Ok, same problem you know then that host A has a connection to host B.
    Assuming that the packet payload is encrypted you can't really tell whats
    going on.

    cheers

    Burkhard Ott, Jan 13, 2011
  15. Sky Rider

    Rooster Guest

    In article <ignmlm$l2j$>
    Burkhard Ott <> wrote:

    > Thats not entirely true, he just knows there is a connection between host
    > a and host b as long as the payload is encrypted.
    > 3rd party VPN clients can contain a master key etc. summary you can never
    > be sure that your payload is really private.

    what about stunnel? does that not circumvent the master key issue?

    Rooster, Jan 13, 2011
  16. On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 23:25:25 +0000 (UTC), Burkhard Ott wrote:

    > On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:08:42 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:
    >
    >>> Thats not entirely true, he just knows there is a connection between
    >>> host a and host b as long as the payload is encrypted. 3rd party VPN
    >>> clients can contain a master key etc. summary you can never be sure
    >>> that your payload is really private.
    >>>
    >>> cheers

    >> http://www.tcpdump.org/#
    >>
    >> cheers

    > Ok, same problem you know then that host A has a connection to host B.
    > Assuming that the packet payload is encrypted you can't really tell whats
    > going on.
    >
    > cheers

    ok

    cheers

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 14, 2011
  17. Sky Rider

    Anonymous Guest

    In article <igmg96$lsc$>
    Sky Rider <> wrote:

    2) Desktop is unprivate because no VPN is in it...

    > My ISP knows I am here?

    Unless you connect through a proxy, such as Tor, your ISP knows
    wherever you go on the internet because your isp connects you.
    Listen to DasFox, he'll tech you right. Ignore Ari Silverstein, he
    is just a troll who likes to be annoying.

    Anonymous, Jan 14, 2011
  18. On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 01:11:53 +0000 (UTC), Anonymous wrote:

    > In article <igmg96$lsc$>
    > Sky Rider <> wrote:
    >
    > 2) Desktop is unprivate because no VPN is in it...
    >>
    >> My ISP knows I am here?

    > Unless you connect through a proxy, such as Tor, your ISP knows
    > wherever you go on the internet because your isp connects you.

    yip nyip yiyap nyop *turn off the focken strobes* yip nyip yiyap nyop

    News Alarm: ISP sees entry ToR node.
    --
    Talk about F-Cars - www.ferrarichat.com/forum/member.php?u=89702

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 14, 2011
  19. Sky Rider

    casperian Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:08:40 -0500, Sky Rider wrote:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > I have a few VPN questions. I recently purchased VPN4all and I am
    > extremely happy with it. I did have a few questions, however.
    >
    > 1.) I really enjoy the Chrome Browser, but am concerned about privacy.
    > As Google is said to have removed the Unique ID, do I have to be
    > concerned about privacy using this browser- in particular when file
    > sharing?

    I think you can tell Chrome not to save cookies. I use Firefox. And in
    Firefox you have to specifically tell it not to accept third party
    cookies and not to remember browsing history at all. But that's not
    good enough. I had to add Better Privacy and tell it to delete flash
    cookies. In Better Privacy, I added the flash cookie option to check
    for deletion, as you can see above. Flash cookies have been able to
    slip by Ccleaner and Firefox settings.

    http://www.xup.in/pic,16519113/ScreenShot006.jpg

    > 2.) The VPN software is currently on my laptop. I have a wireless
    > connection to my desktop, which is a DSL (comcast) connection. I do
    > not have a VPN computer on my desktop. Is this a privacy concern?
    >
    > Thank you very much
    >
    > -NewVPNuser84

    But to really add that final protection, use your browser sandboxed
    with Sandboxie and nothing that happened will persist once you delete
    the Sandbox. No cookie will escape it. It is a Cookie Monster.

    From all that I know, and I know a lot because I am really special, if
    it is a good VPN, DSL is not a problem. But a satellite connection is
    another story. A satellite connection is a problem while using a VPN.
    Satellites can run into cloud problems.
    --
    A Billion for a Billion

    http://tinyurl.com/5qk8kl

    casperian, Jan 14, 2011
  20. Sky Rider

    Anonymous Guest

    Rooster <> wrote:
    > what about stunnel? does that not circumvent the master key issue?

    No. The issue is about building tunnels through endpoints which
    you do not trust. It does not matter whether there is a rogue key,
    since the far end trivially knows the content after decryption and
    can leak/publish/whatever it.

    Anonymous, Jan 14, 2011