    to be able to use my off-peak Gigs.

    Ta!

    Nick
    Nick Rennie, Mar 29, 2009

  2. Nick Rennie

    oneofus Guest

    http://www.binaryboy.com/
    oneofus, Mar 30, 2009

  3. Nick Rennie

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <gqoud0$t55$>, says...
    > Hi ,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a newsreader that you can schedule downloads? Just want
    > to be able to use my off-peak Gigs.

    Microplanet Gravity - dunno where you get it thesedays.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Mar 30, 2009
  4. On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:57:36 +1300, "Nick Rennie" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi ,
    >
    >Does anyone know of a newsreader that you can schedule downloads? Just want
    >to be able to use my off-peak Gigs.
    >
    >Ta!
    >
    >Nick

    You can get any GUI newsreader to download on schedule using a tool
    such as AutoHotKey:

    http://www.autohotkey.com

    I used to use this to make Agent download during off peak time, before
    I changed ISPs. Here is the script I used:

    ; Start Agent 5 downloading all marked bodies at 02:00.

    ;Calculate the number of milliseconds between now and 02:00. Allow an
    extra
    ;margin to cover where the clocks here and at the ISP are not quite
    matching.
    now := A_Now
    sec := substr(now, -1, 2)
    min := substr(now, -3, 2)
    hour := substr(now, -5, 2)
    if (hour > 2) {
    hourdiff := 25 - hour
    } else {
    hourdiff := 1 - hour
    }
    mindiff := 60 - min
    secdiff := 60 - sec
    delayms := (3600*hourdiff + 60*mindiff + secdiff + 1)*1000

    ;Sleep until just after 02:00.
    sleep delayms

    ;Activate Agent
    WinWait, Agent 5 - ,
    IfWinNotActive, Agent 5 - , , WinActivate, Agent 5 - ,
    WinWaitActive, Agent 5 - ,

    ;Tell Agent to "Get Bodies for Marked Messages".
    Send, {ALTDOWN}a{ALTUP}g
    Stephen Worthington, Mar 30, 2009
  5. Nick Rennie

    Mike Dee Guest

    Dave Doe <> wrote:

    > In article <gqoud0$t55$>,

    >> Does anyone know of a newsreader that you can schedule downloads?
    >> Just want to be able to use my off-peak Gigs.

    > Microplanet Gravity - dunno where you get it thesedays.

    Its moved to sourceforge:
    <http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/>

    Has been updated just recently.

    --