    Are there any "real" newsreaders that either have this function built in, or
    can be set up to do this?

    Thanks

    Gordon, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Gordon

    °Mike° Guest

    You will find that any "real" newsreader has many
    view options that make "View Replies to My Posts"
    irrelevant.

    On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:54:25 +0100, in
    <>
    Gordon scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 3, 2004

    http://xnews.newsguy.com

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 3, 2004
  4. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > Gordon wrote:
    >> I am wanting an alternative Newsreader to Outlook Express, but the
    >> one feature I find incredibly useful in OE is the "View Replies to My
    >> Posts" filter.
    >> Are there any "real" newsreaders that either have this function built
    >> in, or can be set up to do this?

    >> Thanks

    > http://xnews.newsguy.com

    Well I'm trying it - I can see how to create a filter to show MY posts, but
    how do I get it to display the THREADS I've posted to?

    Gordon, Aug 3, 2004
  5. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon <> wrote in

    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in
    >
    >> Gordon wrote:
    >>> I am wanting an alternative Newsreader to Outlook Express, but the
    >>> one feature I find incredibly useful in OE is the "View Replies to
    >>> My Posts" filter.
    >>> Are there any "real" newsreaders that either have this function
    >>> built in, or can be set up to do this?

    >>> Thanks

    >> http://xnews.newsguy.com
    >>

    > Well I'm trying it - I can see how to create a filter to show MY
    > posts, but how do I get it to display the THREADS I've posted to?

    Doh! Just seen it - "Reveal Thread"........

    Gordon, Aug 3, 2004
  6. Gordon

    DC Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > Gordon <> wrote in

    >> Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> http://xnews.newsguy.com

    >> Well I'm trying it - I can see how to create a filter to show MY
    >> posts, but how do I get it to display the THREADS I've posted to?

    > Doh! Just seen it - "Reveal Thread"........

    Tip:
    If you set an ID token, you will be notified of replies to your posts.

    I would also recommend that you familiarise yourself with scoring (in
    the manual, and in scoring.txt located in your Xnews program directory).

    To help you get set up and explore Xnews' features, visit these sites:

    General Xnews Help:
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/manual.html
    http://www.geocities.com/d4vidb
    http://www.seegras.de/xnews

    David Breach's site (the second link (above) is very comprehensive.

    More links, if you download binaries:

    Xnews and binaries:
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/sizer/
    http://www.mousetrap.net/~mouse/otr/xnewsbin.html
    http://www.help4newbies.fsnet.co.uk/xnews_page_1.htm

    Now, to make it look pretty... visit *my* site. };O)

    http://dcicons.fateback.com

    HTH

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    DC, Aug 3, 2004
  7. Gordon wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >> Gordon wrote:
    >>> I am wanting an alternative Newsreader to Outlook Express, but the
    >>> one feature I find incredibly useful in OE is the "View Replies to My
    >>> Posts" filter.
    >>> Are there any "real" newsreaders that either have this function built
    >>> in, or can be set up to do this?

    >>> Thanks

    >> http://xnews.newsguy.com

    > Well I'm trying it - I can see how to create a filter to show MY posts, but
    > how do I get it to display the THREADS I've posted to?

    Explore the settings available in the Special/SetupXnew area (I believe
    that's what it's called...it's on the main menu), and add an "ID Token".
    That will go into your Message ID header. When Xnews sees a post that
    is a direct reply to a post with your ID token, it will distinctively
    flag it for you as a direct reply.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 4, 2004
  8. Gordon wrote:
    > Gordon <> wrote in

    >> Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> http://xnews.newsguy.com

    >> Well I'm trying it - I can see how to create a filter to show MY
    >> posts, but how do I get it to display the THREADS I've posted to?

    > Doh! Just seen it - "Reveal Thread"........

    Ignore my other reply -- I misread your Q as the usual "how do I get
    Xnews to mark direct replies to my posts". No...don't ignore that,
    come to think of it -- just do what I suggested, anyway, as the very
    nice solution to *that* question. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 4, 2004