    i no this isnt thecorrect news group, but it is a simple question. are there
    any other news servers out there, and what are they called so i might be
    able to subscribe to them. thx

    ewastudent, Dec 11, 2008

  2. Hi
    Maybe this can Help,
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 12, 2008

  3. ewastudent

    Big_Al Guest

    ewastudent wrote:
    > i no this isnt thecorrect news group, but it is a simple question. are
    > there any other news servers out there, and what are they called so i
    > might be able to subscribe to them. thx

    Of course I'm using a news reader, not the web. Actually I just go into
    my reader and search for groups under the subscribe function. But it
    looks like the user is using the web products. My suggestion would be
    us setup Outlook Express first. Is easier to find groups by keywords.

    If you do setup a news reader then:
    For news servers, msnews.microsoft.com gives you a lot of technical info.
    News.motzarella is pretty good
    teranews has a small (3$ or so) one time setup fee
    news.mozilla.org is good for the mozilla products.
    nntp.aioe.org is free but is down a lot.
    Some ISP's have dropped their servers but some still supply the service.
    I have Verizon and they've still got the basic big 8 groups, got rid
    of the alt.* groups.

    Big_Al, Dec 12, 2008