    something differant like yahoo for instance but still go to outlook to
    access it like i would text.news or do i have to log into yahoo first.

    If it's possible where do i find the address to add to my newsgroup.
    simondo, Sep 29, 2005

  2. simondo

    The One Guest

    simondo bashed at the keyboard and came up with:

    > Currently running text.news for my newsgroups etc is it possible to use
    > something differant like yahoo for instance but still go to outlook to
    > access it like i would text.news or do i have to log into yahoo first.
    >
    > If it's possible where do i find the address to add to my newsgroup.

    Eh?
    The One, Sep 29, 2005

  3. simondo

    trout Guest

    simondo wrote:

    > Currently running text.news for my newsgroups etc is it possible to
    > use something differant like yahoo for instance but still go to
    > outlook to access it like i would text.news or do i have to log into
    > yahoo first.
    >
    > If it's possible where do i find the address to add to my newsgroup.

    Usenet newsgroups can be accessed by a news client (like OE) on any
    number of news-servers. Some paid, some free. Review newsgroup posts, or
    Google for *news* servers.
    Don't confuse web-based forums like Yahoo and Google (and a bunch of
    other crap) with Usenet. It's a different creature, altogether.
    --
    Look it up. You've got a computer.
    trout, Sep 29, 2005