    message that says it is unable to display a list of newsgroups from
    newsgroups.comcast.net. I have asked comcast and have received nothing from
    them. I wonder if anyone has any comments regarding this?

    Bob H, Sep 29, 2005

  2. Bob H

    FML Guest

    Bob H wrote:
    > I use newsgroups via newsgroups.comcast.net. When asked to search newsgroup
    > descriptions I watch it download over 1000,000 newsgroups and then post a
    > message that says it is unable to display a list of newsgroups from
    > newsgroups.comcast.net. I have asked comcast and have received nothing from
    > them. I wonder if anyone has any comments regarding this?

    I am using newsgroups.comcast.net right now and have no problems
    displaying and searching the newsgroups. May not be them, may be you.

    FML, Sep 29, 2005

  3. Bob H wrote:
    > I use newsgroups via newsgroups.comcast.net. When asked to search newsgroup
    > descriptions I watch it download over 1000,000 newsgroups and then post a
    > message that says it is unable to display a list of newsgroups from
    > newsgroups.comcast.net. I have asked comcast and have received nothing from
    > them. I wonder if anyone has any comments regarding this?

    Do they show up in your rc file?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 29, 2005
  4. Bob H

    trout Guest

    Bob H wrote:

    > I use newsgroups via newsgroups.comcast.net. When asked to search
    > newsgroup descriptions I watch it download over 1000,000 newsgroups
    > and then post a message that says it is unable to display a list of
    > newsgroups from newsgroups.comcast.net. I have asked comcast and have
    > received nothing from them. I wonder if anyone has any comments
    > regarding this?

    Could have been a random server fart that buggered the download. I'd
    just try again, at another time. If it continues to be a problem, it
    might be OE at fault. You could try creating a new news account. With,
    of course, all the same details.
    --
    So fresh news folders would be created.

    trout, Sep 29, 2005
  5. Bob H

    The One Guest

    Bob H bashed at the keyboard and came up with:

    > I use newsgroups via newsgroups.comcast.net. When asked to search
    > newsgroup descriptions I watch it download over 1000,000 newsgroups and
    > then post a message that says it is unable to display a list of newsgroups
    > from newsgroups.comcast.net. I have asked comcast and have received
    > nothing from them. I wonder if anyone has any comments regarding this?

    I do, it sounds fucked.

    The One, Sep 29, 2005
  6. Bob H

    uh Clem... Guest

    What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Wed, 28 Sep 2005
    20:52:52 -0400, canst thou now find out, to hide "Bob H"
    <> from this open and apparent shame?:

    Get Agent Newsreader <http://www.forteinc.com>

    Go to http://freenews.maxbaud.net/ get a better server.
    --

    "The Borg assimilated my race, and all I got was this crummy tagline."

    uh Clem..., Sep 30, 2005