    on a newsgroup, when I open them it just comes up as unrecognisable text.

    thanks in advance

    Kev

    kevin welsh, Aug 16, 2005

  2. kevin welsh

    Harrison Guest

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:00:10 GMT, "kevin welsh" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Does anybody know how to open movie files (wmv / mpg etc) that's been posted
    >on a newsgroup, when I open them it just comes up as unrecognisable text.
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > Kev

    Sounds like you're not getting all of the parts, and properly decoding.
    Use Forte Agent or another quality newsreader.

    Harrison, Aug 16, 2005

  3. kevin welsh

    joevan Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Does anybody know how to open movie files (wmv / mpg etc) that's been posted
    >on a newsgroup, when I open them it just comes up as unrecognisable text.
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > Kev

    Get a newsreader that can automatically translate yenc. Outhouse
    express is sort of for mail.
    Agent forte is one. There are others. Google for yenc. You will learn
    a bit.
    Then you will have to learn how to join the movies once you can see
    the parts.
    Check back once you get the yenc thing taken down.

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 16, 2005
  4. kevin welsh

    Shawn Guest

    "kevin welsh" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Does anybody know how to open movie files (wmv / mpg etc) that's been
    > posted on a newsgroup, when I open them it just comes up as unrecognisable
    > text.
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > Kev

    likely multiparts, if using OE, hold the control key down and click all
    parts and then right click and hit combine and decode

    Shawn, Aug 16, 2005