    Are there any programs wich will open or access newsgroups other than using
    outlook express6 ..I am using x64 windows xp pro version but outlook is
    acting quite buggy since there is no updated drivers for it ..thnx

    Drvnguy, Aug 6, 2005

  2. Drvnguy

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Drvnguy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Are there any programs wich will open or access newsgroups other than
    > using outlook express6 ..I am using x64 windows xp pro version but outlook
    > is acting quite buggy since there is no updated drivers for it ..thnx

    Sure. Go to Google, and search for free newsreader client

    Toolman Tim, Aug 6, 2005

  3. Drvnguy

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:00:40 -0400, Drvnguy wrote:

    >Are there any programs wich will open or access newsgroups other than using
    >outlook express6 ..I am using x64 windows xp pro version but outlook is
    >acting quite buggy since there is no updated drivers for it ..thnx

    Lots I expect, there seems to be many dozens of newsreaders.

    NewsLeecher 3.2 final has no problems on 2003 Enterprise Server x64 ,
    Agent 3.0 32bit is going on just now.

    See the x64 newsgroups.

    Me

    why?, Aug 6, 2005
  4. Drvnguy wrote:

    > Are there any programs wich will open or access newsgroups other than using
    > outlook express6 ..I am using x64 windows xp pro version but outlook is
    > acting quite buggy since there is no updated drivers for it ..thnx

    Of course, and all are better than OE, as is dirt and a pointy stick.

    Here are two:

    http://xnews.newsguy.com

    http://www.40tude.com/dialog/

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 6, 2005
  5. Drvnguy

    Paddy Guest

    yes. Check Mozilla Thunderbird.
    google it

    Paddy, Aug 6, 2005
  6. Drvnguy

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 19:20:40 GMT, why?

    >On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:00:40 -0400, Drvnguy wrote:
    >
    >>Are there any programs wich will open or access newsgroups other than using
    >>outlook express6 ..I am using x64 windows xp pro version but outlook is
    >>acting quite buggy since there is no updated drivers for it ..thnx

    >Lots I expect, there seems to be many dozens of newsreaders.
    >
    >NewsLeecher 3.2 final has no problems on 2003 Enterprise Server x64 ,
    >Agent 3.0 32bit is going on just now.
    >
    >See the x64 newsgroups.
    >

    >Me

    Heard a lot about Agent here, thought I would give it a try. JC lot
    of buttons. SBC Global has a good test site to set it up. Well hell,
    no need to go any further, just found out you have to pay to get your
    spelling checked. That suck for dumb ass like me. Oh well.

    Old Gringo :)

    Old Gringo, Aug 6, 2005
  7. Drvnguy

    Old Gringo Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 19:20:40 GMT, why?
    > <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >

    >>On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:00:40 -0400, Drvnguy wrote:
    >>

    >>>Are there any programs wich will open or access newsgroups other than using
    >>>outlook express6 ..I am using x64 windows xp pro version but outlook is
    >>>acting quite buggy since there is no updated drivers for it ..thnx

    >>Lots I expect, there seems to be many dozens of newsreaders.
    >>
    >>NewsLeecher 3.2 final has no problems on 2003 Enterprise Server x64 ,
    >>Agent 3.0 32bit is going on just now.
    >>
    >>See the x64 newsgroups.
    >>

    >>Me

    > Heard a lot about Agent here, thought I would give it a try. JC lot
    > of buttons. SBC Global has a good test site to set it up. Well hell,
    > no need to go any further, just found out you have to pay to get your
    > spelling checked. That suck for dumb ass like me. Oh well.
    >
    > Old Gringo :)

    Back to Thunderbird for Dummies

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Aug 6, 2005
  8. Blinky the Shark, Aug 6, 2005
  9. Drvnguy

    Voltado Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >Paddy wrote:
    >

    >>yes. Check Mozilla Thunderbird.
    >>google it
    >>

    >Dpes it have scoring, yet?

    Perhaps yes, perhaps no. As I am still fairly new to Thunderbird, I
    haven't resolved that question yet but it handles delimiter function
    just fine. :)

    Voltado, Aug 7, 2005
  10. Drvnguy

    trout Guest

    Voltado wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Paddy wrote:
    >>

    >>> yes. Check Mozilla Thunderbird.
    >>> google it
    >>>

    >> Dpes it have scoring, yet?
    >>

    > Perhaps yes, perhaps no. As I am still fairly new to Thunderbird, I
    > haven't resolved that question yet but it handles delimiter function
    > just fine. :)

    Name change? Or did you forget to pack an "r" when you moved?
    --
    And dpes it have a spell checker?

    trout, Aug 7, 2005
  11. Drvnguy

    Voltado Guest

    trout wrote:

    >Voltado wrote:
    >

    >>Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>>Dpes it have scoring, yet?
    >>>

    >>Perhaps yes, perhaps no. As I am still fairly new to Thunderbird, I
    >>haven't resolved that question yet but it handles delimiter function
    >>just fine. :)
    >>

    > Name change? Or did you forget to pack an "r" when you moved?

    "And dpes it have a spell checker?"

    Yep, it 'dpes' have a spell checker.

    Voltado, Aug 7, 2005
  12. Drvnguy

    FML Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Paddy wrote:
    >
    >>yes. Check Mozilla Thunderbird.
    >>google it

    > Dpes it have scoring, yet?

    No scoring yet. Still fairly weak as a news reader if you are used to a
    full blown one like Xnews or Agent. However, IMHO it is much better than OE.

    FML, Aug 7, 2005
  13. FML wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Paddy wrote:

    >>>yes. Check Mozilla Thunderbird.
    >>>google it

    >> Dpes it have scoring, yet?

    > No scoring yet. Still fairly weak as a news reader if you are used to a

    Unusable, then.

    > full blown one like Xnews or Agent. However, IMHO it is much better than OE.

    So's some dirt and a pointy stick. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 7, 2005
  14. Drvnguy

    FML Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > FML wrote:
    >
    >>Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>>Dpes it have scoring, yet?

    >>No scoring yet. Still fairly weak as a news reader if you are used to a

    > Unusable, then.

    Definitely. It has all the features I need in a news reader. I really
    like the e-mail client. Used to run Outlook for my business accounts and
    OE for my personal accounts. Now T'Bird does them all. No calendar (but
    I still use (gasp) paper and pencil for that).

    >>full blown one like Xnews or Agent. However, IMHO it is much better than OE.

    > So's some dirt and a pointy stick. :)

    LOL!!

    FML, Aug 7, 2005
  15. Drvnguy

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 13:34:36 -0500, FML wrote:

    > No calendar

    It certainly has a calendar. You can download one as an extension.
    have a look here:
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

    I think you'll find that it's one of the very few calendars that will
    actually email a reminder. Outlook won't do that AFAIK.....

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Kubuntu 5.04 and Open Office 2.0

    Gordon, Aug 7, 2005
  16. Drvnguy

    FML Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 13:34:36 -0500, FML wrote:
    >

    >>No calendar

    > It certainly has a calendar. You can download one as an extension.
    > have a look here:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/
    >
    > I think you'll find that it's one of the very few calendars that will
    > actually email a reminder. Outlook won't do that AFAIK.....

    Thanks. I'll give it a peek. I haven't computerized my calendar needs as
    of yet, I still walk around with a small calendar book that I jot down
    things in, maybe I'll take the plunge if I like T'bird's extension.

    FML, Aug 8, 2005
  17. FML wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> FML wrote:

    >>>No scoring yet. Still fairly weak as a news reader if you are used to a

    >> Unusable, then.

    > Definitely. It has all the features I need in a news reader. I really

    Might want to reread what you're agreeing with, there. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 8, 2005
  18. Drvnguy

    FML Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > FML wrote:
    >
    >>Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>>Unusable, then.

    >>Definitely. It has all the features I need in a news reader. I really

    > Might want to reread what you're agreeing with, there. :)

    Been blowing off going to the optometrist. I guess I'd better make an
    appointment. :)

    FML, Aug 8, 2005