    BeeP Guest

    Hi Is it true you can DL movies and stuff of newsgroups if you can how do
    you do it and what is good software to use to do that I have XP Pro
    BeeP, Mar 8, 2005

  2. BeeP

    Richard Guest

    On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:27:31 GMT BeeP wrote:

    > Hi Is it true you can DL movies and stuff of newsgroups if you can how do
    > you do it and what is good software to use to do that I have XP Pro

    Yes you can download movies in newsgroups, but not necessarily full length
    feature films that are current.

    Don't bother using OE for those.
    http://xnews.newsguy.com
    Download the freeware and it will save you a lot of trouble.
    www.tomasoft.com mastersplitter for joining "split" movies.
    www.rarlabs.com winrar for files posted using winrar as the package.
    Plus a ton more gooides you'll acquire the use of once you get involved in
    it.
    If you don't understand how something works in the binary group, ask.
    Richard, Mar 8, 2005

  3. BeeP wrote:
    > Hi Is it true you can DL movies and stuff of newsgroups if you can
    > how do you do it and what is good software to use to do that I have XP
    > Pro

    Ye gods! It's neville's even slower witted twin brother! Before you start
    thinking about breaking the law (which is what you're thinking of doing) I
    suggest you attend those remedial English classes your parents have probably
    been wanting you to attend for years. You see all those keys on your
    keyboard - the ones with the funny symbols on? They're called 'punctuation'
    and they're used to make your writing easier to comprehend. As it is, your
    post doesn't make one iota of sense.

    How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    How to Act Smart on Usenet

    Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp

    How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

    Otherwise, you might as well try here:

    Psychic Friends Network
    (800) 592-7827

    on salads.
    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Mar 8, 2005
  4. BeeP

    John Guest

    John, Mar 8, 2005
  5. BeeP

    anthonyberet Guest

    Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
    > BeeP wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Is it true you can DL movies and stuff of newsgroups if you can
    >>how do you do it and what is good software to use to do that I have XP
    >>Pro

    > Ye gods! It's neville's even slower witted twin brother! Before you start
    > thinking about breaking the law (which is what you're thinking of doing) I

    The only laws broken by 'DL movies and stuff of newsgroups' are the laws
    af English spelling and grammar.

    On the other hand, copyright infringement is to be avoided. -
    Infringement is not implied by the post though.
    anthonyberet, Mar 9, 2005
  6. anthonyberet wrote:
    snip

    > The only laws broken by 'DL movies and stuff of newsgroups' are the laws
    > af English spelling and grammar.
    >
    > On the other hand, copyright infringement is to be avoided. -
    > Infringement is not implied by the post though.

    "the laws af English spelling"

    SNARF!!

    --
    Higgy
    The Right Honourable Edwin P. Higglesthwaite, Mar 9, 2005