    a new thread, all I get is a reply arrow over the original subject and my
    reply is not visible. Can you help ? Have I changed a setting somehow ?
    Thanks......J.
    JonC, Aug 29, 2003

  2. JonC

    Boomer Guest

    JonC said:

    > When I reply to NG's, instead of a + appearing alongside the
    > subject to show a new thread, all I get is a reply arrow over
    > the original subject and my reply is not visible. Can you help ?
    > Have I changed a setting somehow ? Thanks......J.

    Try this. I don't use OE so this is all I can suggest.

    F5 to refresh the page and View> Show All Posts
    or
    from the View menu choose Current View > Replies to my posts
    Boomer, Aug 30, 2003

  3. JonC

    Patrick Guest

    JonC wrote:
    > When I reply to NG's, instead of a + appearing alongside the subject
    > to show a new thread, all I get is a reply arrow over the original
    > subject and my reply is not visible. Can you help ? Have I changed a
    > setting somehow ? Thanks......J.

    As far as I understand you, said is quite correct
    The little arrow says that you have replied (sent).
    The + says that your reply has actually come back.
    Patrick, Aug 30, 2003
  4. JonC

    trout Guest

    JonC wrote:

    > When I reply to NG's, instead of a + appearing alongside the subject
    > to show a new thread, all I get is a reply arrow over the original
    > subject and my reply is not visible. Can you help ? Have I changed a
    > setting somehow ? Thanks......J.

    Click View - Current View; check "Group Messages by Conversation".
    --
    "Sounds like it."
    trout, Aug 30, 2003
  5. Patrick wrote:
    > JonC wrote:
    >> When I reply to NG's, instead of a + appearing alongside the subject
    >> to show a new thread, all I get is a reply arrow over the original
    >> subject and my reply is not visible. Can you help ? Have I changed a
    >> setting somehow ? Thanks......J.

    > As far as I understand you, said is quite correct
    > The little arrow says that you have replied (sent).
    > The + says that your reply has actually come back.

    The plus sign is not a new thread. It is a signal that there is a response
    to the post and it may or may not be your message.

    --
    longshotjohn 7

    http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

    because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein
    longshotjohn7, Aug 30, 2003
  6. JonC

    Patrick Guest

    longshotjohn7 wrote:
    > Patrick wrote:
    >> JonC wrote:
    >>> When I reply to NG's, instead of a + appearing alongside the subject
    >>> to show a new thread, all I get is a reply arrow over the original
    >>> subject and my reply is not visible. Can you help ? Have I changed a
    >>> setting somehow ? Thanks......J.

    >> As far as I understand you, said is quite correct
    >> The little arrow says that you have replied (sent).
    >> The + says that your reply has actually come back.

    > The plus sign is not a new thread. It is a signal that there is a
    > response to the post and it may or may not be your message.

    An 'Orange' is not pink, it is a fruit ! ":)" `rofl`
    Patrick, Aug 30, 2003