    downloaded and appearing just fine. How do I get the messages for this
    other group downloaded? I have reset my subscription list a few times but
    they still are not downloaded. Thanks for any advice given..
    Guest, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Guest

    trout Guest

    wrote:

    > I have subscribed to a particular newsgroup and can not get the
    > messages to appear on screen. It claims that there are 4000 some
    > messages unread but they are not downloaded. The other newsgroups I
    > subscribe to seem to be downloaded and appearing just fine. How do I
    > get the messages for this other group downloaded? I have reset my
    > subscription list a few times but they still are not downloaded.
    > Thanks for any advice given..

    You could try this: Right-click on the newsgroup folder.Select
    Properties; Local File; Reset. Compact the folder (in the same place),
    and try to download the messages again.
    --
    "Good luck."
    trout, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Guest

    °Mike° Guest

    Use a real news client that works.

    http://www.forteinc.com/
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/
    http://www.40tude.com/dialog/
    http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:47:26 GMT, in
    <2ozQa.9998$>
    <> scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 14, 2003
  4. <> wrote in message
    > I have subscribed to a particular newsgroup and can not get the messages

    > appear on screen. It claims that there are 4000 some messages unread but
    > they are not downloaded. The other newsgroups I subscribe to seem to be
    > downloaded and appearing just fine. How do I get the messages for this
    > other group downloaded? I have reset my subscription list a few times but
    > they still are not downloaded. Thanks for any advice given..

    I killfile anyone who ... no, that's not quite true. Nevermind.
    Brenadier Jehosephat, Jul 14, 2003
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    That seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the help.

    Guest, Jul 14, 2003
  6. Guest

    trout Guest

    You're welcome.

    wrote:

    > That seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the help.
    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have subscribed to a particular newsgroup and can not get the
    >>> messages to appear on screen. It claims that there are 4000 some
    >>> messages unread but they are not downloaded. The other newsgroups I
    >>> subscribe to seem to be downloaded and appearing just fine. How do
    >>> I get the messages for this other group downloaded? I have reset my
    >>> subscription list a few times but they still are not downloaded.
    >>> Thanks for any advice given..

    >> You could try this: Right-click on the newsgroup folder.Select
    >> Properties; Local File; Reset. Compact the folder (in the same
    >> place), and try to download the messages again.

    --
    "Now, I'll be hearing from Mike's attourneys."
    trout, Jul 14, 2003