    whatever on my harddisk.

    Can someone give me a step-by-step example for anything to download, maybe
    I'll then understand?
    Stingree69, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Stingree69

    Boomer Guest

    Stingree69 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Call me stupid

    How about fucking stupid?
    Boomer, Jul 12, 2004

  3. Stingree69

    Boomer Guest

    Stingree69 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Call me stupid

    Sorry. I meant how about fucking, stupid?
    Boomer, Jul 12, 2004
  4. Stingree69

    Stingree69 Guest

    Thank you for your smart reply. You're a pall..
    Anything intelligent to add?

    Stingree69, Jul 12, 2004
  5. Stingree69 wrote:

    > Thank you for your smart reply. You're a pall..
    > Anything intelligent to add?

    Yeah, Its only one 'l' in pal.
    Cunning Linguist, Jul 12, 2004
  6. Stingree69

    Stingree69 Guest

    Okay, never mind. Sorry for asking. 24hoursupport.helpdesk may be changed in
    24hourpuberalshittingoneachother.helpdesk.

    Thanks anyway, I'm off....

    Stingree69, Jul 12, 2004
  7. Stingree69

    Ionizer Guest

    "Stingree69" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Call me stupid, but I can't seem to download anything out of newsgroups.
    > I've tried several newsreaders, but am not able to get any RAR or PAR or
    > whatever on my harddisk.
    >
    > Can someone give me a step-by-step example for anything to download,

    maybe
    > I'll then understand?

    Xnews is freeware and requires no install- just put it in a folder and
    launch it: http://xnews.newsguy.com/ Setting up and using Xnews:
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/sizer/

    Start off trying to download a single mp3 file and worry about rar files
    later. This is the official alt.binaries.sounds.mp3 faq:
    http://www.mp3-faq.org/faq1.html That hierarchy of binaries groups is a
    great place to start.

    (By the way- don't feed the troll.)

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Jul 12, 2004
  8. Stingree69 wrote:

    > Okay, never mind. Sorry for asking. 24hoursupport.helpdesk may be changed in
    > 24hourpuberalshittingoneachother.helpdesk.

    > Thanks anyway, I'm off....

    PMSL
    Cunning Linguist, Jul 12, 2004
  9. Stingree69

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:12:24 +0200, "Stingree69"
    <> wrote:

    >Thank you for your smart reply. You're a pall..
    >Anything intelligent to add?

    You are replying to a troll.

    joevan, Jul 12, 2004
  10. Stingree69

    DC Guest

    Ionizer wrote:
    > "Stingree69" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,

    >> Call me stupid, but I can't seem to download anything out of newsgroups.
    >> I've tried several newsreaders, but am not able to get any RAR or PAR or
    >> whatever on my harddisk.

    >> Can someone give me a step-by-step example for anything to download,

    > maybe
    >> I'll then understand?

    > Xnews is freeware and requires no install- just put it in a folder and
    > launch it: http://xnews.newsguy.com/ Setting up and using Xnews:
    > http://xnews.newsguy.com/sizer/

    [...]

    Allow me to add:

    Xnews and binaries:
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/sizer/
    http://www.mousetrap.net/~mouse/otr/xnewsbin.html
    http://www.help4newbies.fsnet.co.uk/xnews_page_1.htm

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Free your mind, and your OS will follow...
    DC, Jul 12, 2004
  11. On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:20:52 +0100, (Cunning
    Linguist) wrote:

    >Stingree69 wrote:
    >
    >> Thank you for your smart reply. You're a pall..
    >> Anything intelligent to add?

    >Yeah, Its only one 'l' in pal.

    Unless he's a pall-mall cigerette....
    John H. Guillory, Jul 13, 2004