    close OE% and Reopen it and it will work for another 6 or 7 posts before it
    does it again???

    Any ideas please?
    The Rifleman, Nov 19, 2007

  2. The Rifleman

    Rôgêr Guest

    The Rifleman wrote:
    > I'm now having probs with OE6 newsgroups, I can view so many posts on a
    > newsgroup, replying to them as I wish for a while, but after about 6 or 7
    > ish replies I can not open any more headers its comes up OUTLOOK EXPRESS
    > Can not open this check for disc space or memory space. So I then have to
    > close OE% and Reopen it and it will work for another 6 or 7 posts before it
    > does it again???

    And your amount of freed disk space is ...?
    Rôgêr, Nov 19, 2007

  3. The Rifleman

    The Rifleman Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > The Rifleman wrote:
    >> I'm now having probs with OE6 newsgroups, I can view so many posts on a
    >> newsgroup, replying to them as I wish for a while, but after about 6 or 7
    >> ish replies I can not open any more headers its comes up OUTLOOK EXPRESS
    >> Can not open this check for disc space or memory space. So I then have
    >> to close OE% and Reopen it and it will work for another 6 or 7 posts
    >> before it does it again???

    > And your amount of freed disk space is ...?

    I have no idea?, The Pc has just been completely reformatted and should be
    back at the original settings so there should be oodles of space, but I have
    no idea how to check it or adjust its boundaries.
    The Rifleman, Nov 19, 2007
  4. The Rifleman

    Gordon Guest

    "The Rifleman" <> wrote in message

    > I have no idea?, The Pc has just been completely reformatted and should be
    > back at the original settings so there should be oodles of space, but I
    > have no idea how to check it or adjust its boundaries.

    Open My Computer, hover the cursor over C drive.......did you REALLY not
    know that?
    Gordon, Nov 19, 2007
  5. The Rifleman

    The Rifleman Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "The Rifleman" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> I have no idea?, The Pc has just been completely reformatted and should
    >> be back at the original settings so there should be oodles of space, but
    >> I have no idea how to check it or adjust its boundaries.
    >>

    > Open My Computer, hover the cursor over C drive.......did you REALLY not
    > know that?

    OK HDD (C) 15.6GB free total size 22.2 GB
    Data (D) 43.3 GB free space total size 44.4GB
    So it appears I have plenty of space yet the News Group warning insists
    threres not enough space?
    The Rifleman, Nov 19, 2007
  6. The Rifleman

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> "The Rifleman" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> I have no idea?, The Pc has just been completely reformatted and should
    >>> be back at the original settings so there should be oodles of space, but
    >>> I have no idea how to check it or adjust its boundaries.
    >>>

    >> Open My Computer, hover the cursor over C drive.......did you REALLY not
    >> know that?
    >>

    > OK HDD (C) 15.6GB free total size 22.2 GB
    > Data (D) 43.3 GB free space total size 44.4GB
    > So it appears I have plenty of space yet the News Group warning insists
    > threres not enough space?

    Do you have Norton as your internet security suite?
    Gordon, Nov 19, 2007
  7. The Rifleman

    The Rifleman Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "The Rifleman" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >>> "The Rifleman" <> wrote in message

    >>> Open My Computer, hover the cursor over C drive.......did you REALLY not
    >>> know that?
    >>>

    >> OK HDD (C) 15.6GB free total size 22.2 GB
    >> Data (D) 43.3 GB free space total size 44.4GB
    >> So it appears I have plenty of space yet the News Group warning insists
    >> threres not enough space?
    >>

    > Do you have Norton as your internet security suite?

    No Sir, I have McAfee
    The Rifleman, Nov 19, 2007
  8. The Rifleman

    ded Guest

    > I'm now having probs with OE6 newsgroups, I can view so many posts on a
    > newsgroup, replying to them as I wish for a while, but after about 6 or 7
    > ish replies I can not open any more headers its comes up OUTLOOK EXPRESS
    > Can not open this check for disc space or memory space. So I then have to
    > close OE% and Reopen it and it will work for another 6 or 7 posts before
    > it does it again???
    >
    > Any ideas please?

    I suspect corruption.
    Windows error messages are all important to resolving a problem.
    The error message you are receiving will be specific.
    MS has a knowledgebase where you can check the error and solutions
    are supplied.
    This link is to the MS KB for Outlook Express 6.0
    http://tinyurl.com/2npccr
    In the "For:" line type *exactly* the error message, include everything -
    spaces, code etc

    Below that are two "Best Bet" results
    And below that 1 - 179 results for known problems with OE 6.

    But the *exact* wording of the error message that Outlook Express
    is producing is the key to solving the problem.
    ded, Nov 19, 2007
  9. The Rifleman

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:41:09 -0000, "The Rifleman"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm now having probs with OE6 newsgroups, I can view so many posts on a
    >newsgroup, replying to them as I wish for a while, but after about 6 or 7
    >ish replies I can not open any more headers its comes up OUTLOOK EXPRESS
    >Can not open this check for disc space or memory space. So I then have to
    >close OE% and Reopen it and it will work for another 6 or 7 posts before it
    >does it again???

    How much memory do you have?
    Evan Platt, Nov 19, 2007
  10. The Rifleman

    Rôgêr Guest

    The Rifleman wrote:
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> "The Rifleman" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Gordon" <> wrote in message

    >>> OK HDD (C) 15.6GB free total size 22.2 GB
    >>> Data (D) 43.3 GB free space total size 44.4GB
    >>> So it appears I have plenty of space yet the News Group warning insists
    >>> threres not enough space?
    >>>

    >> Do you have Norton as your internet security suite?

    > No Sir, I have McAfee

    Just get it over with and do a complete "repair" of OE, or switch to a
    much superior news reader like XNews.
    Rôgêr, Nov 19, 2007
  11. The Rifleman

    The Rifleman Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:41:09 -0000, "The Rifleman"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm now having probs with OE6 newsgroups, I can view so many posts on a
    >>newsgroup, replying to them as I wish for a while, but after about 6 or 7
    >>ish replies I can not open any more headers its comes up OUTLOOK EXPRESS
    >>Can not open this check for disc space or memory space. So I then have to
    >>close OE% and Reopen it and it will work for another 6 or 7 posts before
    >>it
    >>does it again???

    > How much memory do you have?
    > --

    I've just increased it from 172 meg to 250 to see if that improves the
    issue, trhanks all for you kind help.
    The Rifleman, Nov 19, 2007
  12. The Rifleman

    TJ Guest

    "The Rifleman" <> wrote in

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:41:09 -0000, "The Rifleman"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm now having probs with OE6 newsgroups, I can view so many posts
    >>>on a newsgroup, replying to them as I wish for a while, but after
    >>>about 6 or 7 ish replies I can not open any more headers its comes up
    >>> OUTLOOK EXPRESS Can not open this check for disc space or memory
    >>>space. So I then have to close OE% and Reopen it and it will work for
    >>>another 6 or 7 posts before it
    >>>does it again???

    >> How much memory do you have?
    >> --

    > I've just increased it from 172 meg to 250 to see if that improves the
    > issue, trhanks all for you kind help.

    You're running XP-SP2 on a machine with only 250MB RAM?

    I'm not surprised you're having all kinds of problems.

    500MB RAM is baseline for XP.

    1GB+ is preferred.
    TJ, Nov 19, 2007
  13. The Rifleman

    The Rifleman Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > "The Rifleman" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    >>> How much memory do you have?
    >>> --

    >> I've just increased it from 172 meg to 250 to see if that improves the
    >> issue, trhanks all for you kind help.

    > You're running XP-SP2 on a machine with only 250MB RAM?
    >
    > I'm not surprised you're having all kinds of problems.
    >
    > 500MB RAM is baseline for XP.
    >
    > 1GB+ is preferred.

    sir I believe this machine is 2.93 Gigs in size ?
    The Rifleman, Nov 19, 2007
  14. The Rifleman

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:40:28 -0000, "The Rifleman"
    <> wrote:

    >sir I believe this machine is 2.93 Gigs in size ?

    2.93 gigs? Huh? Processor Speed? Hard drive space?

    If you have 250 megs of memory, you don't have enough.
    Evan Platt, Nov 19, 2007
  15. The Rifleman

    TJ Guest

    "The Rifleman" <> wrote in

    > "TJ" <> wrote in message
    >> "The Rifleman" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    >>> I've just increased it from 172 meg to 250 to see if that improves
    >>> the issue, trhanks all for you kind help.

    >> You're running XP-SP2 on a machine with only 250MB RAM?
    >>
    >> I'm not surprised you're having all kinds of problems.
    >>
    >> 500MB RAM is baseline for XP.
    >>
    >> 1GB+ is preferred.

    > sir I believe this machine is 2.93 Gigs in size ?

    According to an earlier post of yours you reported the C:drive (where XP
    would live) as being;

    "HDD (C) 15.6GB free total size 22.2 GB"

    Now if we pair that with only 250MB of RAM ...

    Let's just say you'ld be MUCH better off with WIN98 on that machine.

    It just doesn't have the "guts" to run XP properly.
    TJ, Nov 19, 2007
  16. The Rifleman

    ded Guest

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:41:09 -0000, "The Rifleman"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm now having probs with OE6 newsgroups, I can view so many posts on a
    >>>newsgroup, replying to them as I wish for a while, but after about 6 or 7
    >>>ish replies I can not open any more headers its comes up OUTLOOK EXPRESS
    >>>Can not open this check for disc space or memory space. So I then have
    >>>close OE% and Reopen it and it will work for another 6 or 7 posts before
    >>>it
    >>>does it again???

    >> How much memory do you have?
    >> --

    > I've just increased it from 172 meg to 250 to see if that improves the
    > issue, trhanks all for you kind help.

    None of the specs you are posting make any sense.
    In the space of 2 hours from your first post you have increased memory
    from the bizarre figure of 172, to 250?
    It's a safe bet you haven't installed new RAM, your PC wouldn't have
    even functioned with that strange figure of 172.
    What exactly have you increased to "250"?
    In another reply elsewhere in this thread, you respond to a memory
    size question with: "sir I believe this machine is 2.93 Gigs in size"
    I can only assume you are referring to the CPU?
    Do you understand others questions in respect of memory/RAM?
    Are you taking medication?
    ded, Nov 19, 2007
  17. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:40:28 -0000, "The Rifleman"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>sir I believe this machine is 2.93 Gigs in size ?

    > 2.93 gigs? Huh? Processor Speed? Hard drive space?
    >
    > If you have 250 megs of memory, you don't have enough.

    He also said 172. How does one get odd numbers like that?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 19, 2007
  18. The Rifleman

    TJ Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > Evan Platt wrote:

    >> On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:40:28 -0000, "The Rifleman"
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>sir I believe this machine is 2.93 Gigs in size ?

    >> 2.93 gigs? Huh? Processor Speed? Hard drive space?
    >>
    >> If you have 250 megs of memory, you don't have enough.

    > He also said 172. How does one get odd numbers like that?

    I think he's just confused about a bunch of stuff.

    It entered my mind for a split second that he might be trolling, but
    then he thanked me for explaining how to maximize a window and make it
    STAY that way upon reopening.

    I was more shocked by the number of incorrect replies he got to *that*
    simple question here, than by anything he's posted.

    I'm done with him (Rifleman) though, unless/until he either reverts to
    WIN98, or obtains a machine that can handle XP.

    He's trying to run XP on a 25GB HDD with 250MB RAM. Forget about the
    processor.

    Never gonna happen.

    Not without a shitload of trouble, anyway.
    TJ, Nov 19, 2007
  19. The Rifleman

    The Rifleman Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message

    > I'm done with him (Rifleman) though, unless/until he either reverts to
    > WIN98, or obtains a machine that can handle XP.
    >
    > He's trying to run XP on a 25GB HDD with 250MB RAM. Forget about the
    > processor.
    >
    > Never gonna happen.
    >
    > Not without a shitload of trouble, anyway.
    >
    > Guys Guys Guys, its me at fault not being able to explain myself clearly,
    > when the gent asked how much memory I had for use I assumed he mreant the
    > amount of memory allowed to store information for IE & OE 6 E mail and
    > news groups. Theres a sliding controller in the control paanel that allows
    > you to allot the amount of memory available to store news group data, It
    > was set at 172 megs and I raised it to 250 megs. theres a note next to the
    > thing saying the reccomended memory range is between something like 30
    > and 250 megs, The amount of actual mremory available was in gigabytes.
    > Raising the sliding scale of memory for E mail and news groups appears to
    > have fixed the problem. The Spec on this machine is2.93 Gigs and 480 MB
    > of RAM, Its a packard bell thats opnly a year old and came with XP home
    > installed as standard, though I always turn all settings back to windows
    > classic. Once again thanks very very much for your pateience and help in
    > sorting this heap of shit of a PC for me.

    Cheers guys I am all all your debts
    The Rifleman, Nov 19, 2007
  20. The Rifleman

    The Rifleman Guest

    > None of the specs you are posting make any sense.
    > In the space of 2 hours from your first post you have increased memory
    > from the bizarre figure of 172, to 250?
    > It's a safe bet you haven't installed new RAM, your PC wouldn't have
    > even functioned with that strange figure of 172.
    > What exactly have you increased to "250"?

    The Amount of memory alloted to OE6 news groups in the control panel was 172
    MB I used the slider to increase it to 250 MB which has cured the lack of
    space problem with OE6.

    > In another reply elsewhere in this thread, you respond to a memory
    > size question with: "sir I believe this machine is 2.93 Gigs in size"
    > I can only assume you are referring to the CPU?

    PC Speed is 2.93 Gigahertz Its a split hard drive with 22.2 gigs in HDD( C )
    and 44.4Gigs in Data(D) 480 MB of Ram, Does that help?
    The Rifleman, Nov 19, 2007