Newsgroups problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Bill, Sep 9, 2005.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I have recently developed a problem with Outlook Express on my desk top PC.
    It has the XP operating system.

    I can send and receive e-mails with no problem.

    I can READ Newsgroups with no problem but cannot post replies or new
    messages to Newsgroups.

    My ISP is Bellsouth and they have been unable to solve this problem in over
    three weeks. They obviously are
    not very competent as one of their recommended solutions was to change my
    password!!!

    I have the same XP operating system on my Laptop and have no problem posting
    to Newsgroups with the same
    Outlook Express software, using my Laptop.

    I tried copying my Laptop Outlook Express program from my Laptop to my desk
    top but it will not copy over or
    replace the files on my Desktop. It merely sets up a sub directory of
    Outlook.

    I cannot delete Outlook Express from my Desktop because I get a message
    "This program is being used by another
    program and cannot be deleted." Is there any way I cannot delete the current
    Outlook Express so I can copy in
    the working Outlook Express from my Laptop?

    This problem has been driving me crazy for almost a month. Can anyone
    provide a potential solution?

    Bill, Sep 9, 2005

  2. Bill

    relic Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > I have recently developed a problem with Outlook Express on my desk
    > top PC. It has the XP operating system.
    >
    > I can send and receive e-mails with no problem.
    >
    > I can READ Newsgroups with no problem but cannot post replies or new
    > messages to Newsgroups.
    >
    > My ISP is Bellsouth and they have been unable to solve this problem
    > in over three weeks. They obviously are
    > not very competent as one of their recommended solutions was to
    > change my password!!!
    >
    > I have the same XP operating system on my Laptop and have no problem
    > posting to Newsgroups with the same
    > Outlook Express software, using my Laptop.
    >
    > I tried copying my Laptop Outlook Express program from my Laptop to
    > my desk top but it will not copy over or
    > replace the files on my Desktop. It merely sets up a sub directory of
    > Outlook.
    >
    > I cannot delete Outlook Express from my Desktop because I get a
    > message "This program is being used by another
    > program and cannot be deleted." Is there any way I cannot delete the
    > current Outlook Express so I can copy in
    > the working Outlook Express from my Laptop?
    >
    > This problem has been driving me crazy for almost a month. Can anyone
    > provide a potential solution?

    Try reinstalling IE to get OE fixed.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318378

    --
    If there is a Tourist Season, how come we can't shoot them?

    relic, Sep 9, 2005

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    My XP program will not let me delete the existing Outlook Express and where
    can I obtain a new copy of Outlook express.

    Bill, Sep 11, 2005
  4. Bill

    relic Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > "relic" <> wrote in message
    >> Bill wrote:
    >>> I have recently developed a problem with Outlook Express on my desk
    >>> top PC. It has the XP operating system.
    >>>
    >>> I can send and receive e-mails with no problem.
    >>>
    >>> I can READ Newsgroups with no problem but cannot post replies or new
    >>> messages to Newsgroups.
    >>>
    >>> My ISP is Bellsouth and they have been unable to solve this problem
    >>> in over three weeks. They obviously are
    >>> not very competent as one of their recommended solutions was to
    >>> change my password!!!
    >>>
    >>> I have the same XP operating system on my Laptop and have no problem
    >>> posting to Newsgroups with the same
    >>> Outlook Express software, using my Laptop.
    >>>
    >>> I tried copying my Laptop Outlook Express program from my Laptop to
    >>> my desk top but it will not copy over or
    >>> replace the files on my Desktop. It merely sets up a sub directory
    >>> of Outlook.
    >>>
    >>> I cannot delete Outlook Express from my Desktop because I get a
    >>> message "This program is being used by another
    >>> program and cannot be deleted." Is there any way I cannot delete the
    >>> current Outlook Express so I can copy in
    >>> the working Outlook Express from my Laptop?
    >>>
    >>> This problem has been driving me crazy for almost a month. Can
    >>> anyone provide a potential solution?

    >> Try reinstalling IE to get OE fixed.
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318378
    >>

    > My XP program will not let me delete the existing Outlook Express and
    > where can I obtain a new copy of Outlook express.

    OE is a part of IE. Reinstall IE like in the link I gave you to reinstall
    OE.

    --
    If there is a Tourist Season, how come we can't shoot them?

    relic, Sep 11, 2005