    Thanks
    Steve
    41N

    Steve IA, Jan 22, 2006

  2. Steve IA wrote:
    > TB 1.5, WinXP home. I click the + by the group server name and the
    > messages are retrieved and the list (6 groups) shows *bold* with the
    > number of messages in parentheses beside. (N).
    > As I progress through the list of groups, opening a group and reading
    > messages, and declaring all messages read, the group list changes,
    > losing the *Bold* and the number of messages (N) for some groups that I
    > have not visited yet. The messages are still there, and when I select
    > that group from the list the *bold* and number return. Nothing is lost,
    > just an annoyance.
    > This is new since 1.5 installation.

    Thanks, Steve, I thought that was just me!

    Win98SE Tb 1.5. Didn't happen on earlier versions/builds.

    I thought it was a couple of additional dictionaries I'd installed, but
    removing them didn't make any difference.

    I've found that it seems to happen whenever Tbird looks for new mail on
    the server (timed at 10 minute intervals in my case).

    I raised this on the forum at mozilla.org, but no solutions so far.

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>

    Nigel Stapley, Jan 22, 2006

  3. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Nigel Stapley wrote:
    > Steve IA wrote:
    >> TB 1.5, WinXP home. I click the + by the group server name and the
    >> messages are retrieved and the list (6 groups) shows *bold* with the
    >> number of messages in parentheses beside. (N).
    >> As I progress through the list of groups, opening a group and reading
    >> messages, and declaring all messages read, the group list changes,
    >> losing the *Bold* and the number of messages (N) for some groups that
    >> I have not visited yet. The messages are still there, and when I
    >> select that group from the list the *bold* and number return. Nothing
    >> is lost, just an annoyance.
    >> This is new since 1.5 installation.
    >>

    > Thanks, Steve, I thought that was just me!
    >
    > Win98SE Tb 1.5. Didn't happen on earlier versions/builds.
    >
    > I thought it was a couple of additional dictionaries I'd installed, but
    > removing them didn't make any difference.
    >
    > I've found that it seems to happen whenever Tbird looks for new mail on
    > the server (timed at 10 minute intervals in my case).
    >
    > I raised this on the forum at mozilla.org, but no solutions so far.

    Nigel,
    My TB doesn't check for mail every 10 minutes. hmmm...
    Though it does seem to happen if I mark a newsgroup
    'all read', the bold and (n) disappear from the group I'm in and other
    groups too.

    Steve

    Steve IA, Jan 22, 2006
  4. Steve IA wrote:
    > Nigel Stapley wrote:
    >> Steve IA wrote:
    >>> TB 1.5, WinXP home. I click the + by the group server name and the
    >>> messages are retrieved and the list (6 groups) shows *bold* with the
    >>> number of messages in parentheses beside. (N).
    >>> As I progress through the list of groups, opening a group and reading
    >>> messages, and declaring all messages read, the group list changes,
    >>> losing the *Bold* and the number of messages (N) for some groups that
    >>> I have not visited yet. The messages are still there, and when I
    >>> select that group from the list the *bold* and number return. Nothing
    >>> is lost, just an annoyance.
    >>> This is new since 1.5 installation.
    >>>

    >> Thanks, Steve, I thought that was just me!
    >>
    >> Win98SE Tb 1.5. Didn't happen on earlier versions/builds.
    >>
    >> I thought it was a couple of additional dictionaries I'd installed,
    >> but removing them didn't make any difference.
    >>
    >> I've found that it seems to happen whenever Tbird looks for new mail
    >> on the server (timed at 10 minute intervals in my case).
    >>
    >> I raised this on the forum at mozilla.org, but no solutions so far.
    >>

    > Nigel,
    > My TB doesn't check for mail every 10 minutes. hmmm...
    > Though it does seem to happen if I mark a newsgroup
    > 'all read', the bold and (n) disappear from the group I'm in and other
    > groups too.

    Yes, I think it does that to me too sometimes.

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>

    Nigel Stapley, Jan 22, 2006

    Nigel Stapley uitte de volgende tekst op 01/22/2006 10:43 PM:
    > Steve IA wrote:
    >> Nigel Stapley wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> Thanks, Steve, I thought that was just me!
    >>>
    >>> Win98SE Tb 1.5. Didn't happen on earlier versions/builds.
    >>>
    >>> I thought it was a couple of additional dictionaries I'd installed,
    >>> but removing them didn't make any difference.
    >>>
    >>> I've found that it seems to happen whenever Tbird looks for new mail
    >>> on the server (timed at 10 minute intervals in my case).
    >>>
    >>> I raised this on the forum at mozilla.org, but no solutions so far.
    >>>

    >> Nigel,
    >> My TB doesn't check for mail every 10 minutes. hmmm...
    >> Though it does seem to happen if I mark a newsgroup
    >> 'all read', the bold and (n) disappear from the group I'm in and other
    >> groups too.

    It is something that typically happens if you mark a newsgroup as read
    while the focus is not an that group. This is a known bug in 1.0, seems
    not to be fixed. I don?t feel like looking up the bug, but maybe you
    could vote for it, see http://bugzilla.mozilla.org

    H.

    - --
    Hendrik Maryns