  1. Rizzo

    Rizzo Guest

    How does one sort the list of subscribed newsgroups in the LHS panel alphabetically?

    Rizzo, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Rizzo

    Ben Mitts Guest

    Rizzo wrote:
    > How does one sort the list of subscribed newsgroups in the LHS panel
    > alphabetically?

    Dont think you can do it, but
    if anyone comes up with an
    answer please E-Mail me as
    to how it can be done!

    The only thing I know to do is
    download them in alphabetical
    form.

    Ben Mitts, Jan 15, 2007

  3. Rizzo

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Rizzo wondered:
    > How does one sort the list of subscribed newsgroups in the LHS panel alphabetically?

    In the news directory of your Thunderbird profile (C:\Documents and
    Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\
    default\l8ccpahj.slt\News\ on my machine) you should find a file called
    something.rc (the value of "something" being the name of your news
    server, so mine is news.plus.net.rc).

    Each line of text in this file represents a ng. With TB closed down,
    you can edit this file using Notepad (or the text editor of your choice)
    to change the display order of your ngs.

    Danny Colyer, Jan 15, 2007
  4. Rizzo

    Rizzo Guest

    > Each line of text in this file represents a ng. With TB closed down,
    > you can edit this file using Notepad (or the text editor of your choice)
    > to change the display order of your ngs.

    Not a particularly user friendly way of doing it, is it :) One imagines a simple right click "Sort by name" would be pretty easy to code.

    Rizzo, Jan 16, 2007
  5. Rizzo

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Rizzo wrote:
    > Not a particularly user friendly way of doing it, is it :) One imagines a simple right click "Sort by name" would be pretty easy to code.

    That would be quite a nice extension. It works, though.

    Danny Colyer, Jan 16, 2007