    Melv Guest

    When I view a newsgroup OE automatically subscribes me to that NG. Where is
    the setting to alter this?

    Melv, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Melv

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:03:01 GMT, "Melv"
    <> wrote:

    >When I view a newsgroup OE automatically subscribes me to that NG. Where is
    >the setting to alter this?

    Not sure about OE but in agent we just right click of you mouse and
    choose unsubscribe, or un check where is says subscribe., maybe
    similar in OE. Right click is very useful when using a computer. Look
    around you will be surprised what you can learn on your own. Specially
    right click and read menus.
    joevan

    joevan, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Melv

    Melv Guest

    I am well aware of how to unsubscribe via the right click method but would
    prefer to have it not subscribe by default

    Melv, Nov 29, 2004
  4. Melv

    Scrote Guest

    Melv wrote:
    >> I am well aware of how to unsubscribe via the right click method but
    >> would prefer to have it not subscribe by default
    >> "joevan" <> wrote in message

    >>> Not sure about OE but in agent we just right click of you mouse and
    >>> choose unsubscribe, or un check where is says subscribe., maybe
    >>> similar in OE. Right click is very useful when using a computer.
    >>> Look around you will be surprised what you can learn on your own.
    >>> Specially right click and read menus.
    >>> joevan

    If you use the single click the news group of choice in the window,THEN
    use the "Goto" button provided, you will not be subscribed. OE will
    dump it when you close the program.
    --
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to convince a woman
    that even a bargain costs money. -- Edgar Watson Howe

    Scrote, Nov 29, 2004