    Is this the unique newsgroup for Voip
    or I can find other newsgroups?

    thank you
    totti, Oct 25, 2004

  2. totti

    BlueRinse Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:31:07 +0200, totti wrote:

    > Is this the unique newsgroup for Voip or I can find other newsgroups?

    Hundreds on the web
    BlueRinse, Oct 25, 2004

  3. totti

    Giacald Guest

    "BlueRinse" <> ha scritto nel
    messaggio news:p...
    > On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:31:07 +0200, totti wrote:
    >
    >> Is this the unique newsgroup for Voip or I can find other newsgroups?

    > Hundreds on the web

    newsgroups... not web
    Giacald, Oct 25, 2004
  4. "totti" <> wrote

    > Is this the unique newsgroup for Voip
    > or I can find other newsgroups?
    >
    > thank you

    Yeap, this is the one ;-)
    You may also find another one quite relevant: comp.dcom.telecom.tech

    If you want to look few months back at the messages, we keep them archived
    on our website:

    comp.dcom.telecom.tech is at
    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums/newsgroup14-.htm

    comp.dcom.voice-over-ip is at
    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums/newsgroup32-.htm

    Happy browsing!

    --
    Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
    http://www.cabling-design.com
    Dmitri\(Cabling-Design.com\), Oct 25, 2004
  5. totti

    BlueRinse Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:01:16 +0200, Giacald wrote:

    > newsgroups... not web

    While I know perfectly well the difference between the two technologies, I
    wonder why you want a newsgroup?

    Many questions people come here to ask have been answered countless times
    on countless websites and mailing lists. As a matter of fact, one rarely
    sees anything "new" in this group if you monitor all the buzz on the voIP
    web-based forums. Most general questions about SIP and asterisk can be
    answered with a Google here and a wiki there... so why the newsgroups? And
    don't forget the many RSS feeds.
    BlueRinse, Oct 25, 2004
  6. totti

    Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:26:13 +0200, BlueRinse
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:01:16 +0200, Giacald wrote:
    >
    >> newsgroups... not web

    >While I know perfectly well the difference between the two technologies, I
    >wonder why you want a newsgroup?
    >
    >Many questions people come here to ask have been answered countless times
    >on countless websites and mailing lists. As a matter of fact, one rarely
    >sees anything "new" in this group if you monitor all the buzz on the voIP
    >web-based forums. Most general questions about SIP and asterisk can be
    >answered with a Google here and a wiki there... so why the newsgroups? And
    >don't forget the many RSS feeds.

    Newsgroups are vastly superior because you get to talk to the people
    who are actually on the ground doing the real work and learning from
    real experiences. Doing searches on web sites turns up far more
    marketing crap than real tech experience. Search engines are only as
    good as the link registration and the people who make sure they get
    their links out are the ones motivated by high return on their
    investment. The real information is usually buried deeply under the
    crap, and the best way to cut through the crap is to get in the
    newsgroups and talk to the people who have made it work.

    Hal
    , Oct 25, 2004
  7. totti

    GiJO Guest

    cool... thanks for that, handy to know!

    --
    Thanks
    Andrew

    GiJO, Oct 26, 2004
  8. totti

    Dmitri Guest

    GiJO wrote:

    > cool... thanks for that, handy to know!

    You are welcome! Please use it for what it's worth. It takes me a great
    deal of time to keep up with spam cleaning, so I'd be glad if the system
    can be useful to somebody.

    Good luck!

    Dmitri, Oct 28, 2004

    Dmitri\(Cabling-Design.com\), Oct 28, 2004
  10. totti

    Chris Blunt Guest

    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:01:16 +0200, Giacald wrote:
    >
    >> newsgroups... not web

    >While I know perfectly well the difference between the two technologies, I
    >wonder why you want a newsgroup?
    >
    >Many questions people come here to ask have been answered countless times
    >on countless websites and mailing lists. As a matter of fact, one rarely
    >sees anything "new" in this group if you monitor all the buzz on the voIP
    >web-based forums. Most general questions about SIP and asterisk can be
    >answered with a Google here and a wiki there... so why the newsgroups? And
    >don't forget the many RSS feeds.

    Everyone has their preferred way of reading discussions, but for me
    the big advantage of newsgroups is that the client software available
    make them far more manageable than web-based discussion forums.

    I can easily scan the numerous groups I'm interested in, filter and
    read only what I need and download everything in one go. Those
    messages can then be read offline when its convenient. With web-based
    forums you have to manually download and read each message
    individually while online.

    Chris
    Chris Blunt, Oct 28, 2004