    Does anyone know how to post to a newsgroup from a free/low cost e-mail service? Most of these services don't seem to offer newsgroup support, so perhaps there is a way of e-mailing the newsgroup. I have done some searching, but have yet to find a good answer to this problem. Any good suggestion/alternatives will be appreciated.

    Thanks for the help.

    Jeff Simons

    jeff simons, Mar 21, 2007

  2. jeff simons

    Mike Easter Guest

    jeff simons wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to post to a newsgroup from a free/low cost
    > e-mail service?

    Mail2news is not as 'convenient' and smooth and interface to news as is
    a 'regular' or normal nntp newsclient using a regular or normal nntp
    newsserver. You are not 'imagining' how to solve a problem with
    sufficient insight.

    There are reasons for mail2news, but they are not based on the issue of
    whether or not you know how to find a newsserver and a newsagent. And
    then there's the issue of 'news2mail'.

    > Most of these services

    .... where 'these services' mean free low cost email services? Or where
    'these services' mean low cost connectivity providers?

    > don't seem to offer newsgroup
    > support,

    Many connectivity and email providers don't provide news.

    > so perhaps there is a way of e-mailing the newsgroup.

    There are such things as mail2news which you are currently using. That
    is not the solution to the problem of one not having a newsserver and
    newsagent.

    > have done some searching, but have yet to find a good answer to this
    > problem. Any good suggestion/alternatives will be appreciated.

    The whole business about mail2news is mostly all about anonymity and
    privacy. News is not mail, and mail is not news.

    If someone is trying to solve the problem of their connectivity provider
    placing barriers to news, that is one thing. If someone is trying to
    solve the problem of not knowing how to find a newsserver, that is
    another thing. Mail2news is not a way of solving a problem the wrong
    way.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 21, 2007

  3. jeff simons

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-03-21, jeff simons <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to post to a newsgroup from a free/low cost e-mail
    > service?

    snip

    Why do you want to do that? Newsgroups are not email; most people use a
    'newsreader' program connected to a 'news-server'.

    Newcomers to newsgroups should start here

    <http://computer.howstuffworks.com/newsgroup.htm>

    and here

    <http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/>, the Official Home Page of the
    newsgroup called news.newusers.questions.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 21, 2007
  4. noalternative, Mar 22, 2007