Newsgroups don't display threads

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Mart, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Mart

    Mart Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm using Mozilla 1.5 on XP Pro for my
    browsing, email & newsgroup reading but
    some of the Newsgroups only display a long
    list of "Re:" messages as replies rather than
    the usual thread displays that are enclosed
    with a '+' symbol. It's as if everyone
    composes a new post as a reply rather
    than replies to a current post.

    a.c.p.v.ati and a.g.m.flight-sim are
    affected by this but c.p.nomad and
    a.f.mozilla are listed correctly.

    Does anyone have any idea what is
    wrong?

    Thanks for your help.

    Mart.

    "I'd rather be no-one than someone with no-one"

    Mart, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Mart wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm using Mozilla 1.5 on XP Pro for my
    > browsing, email & newsgroup reading but
    > some of the Newsgroups only display a long
    > list of "Re:" messages as replies rather than
    > the usual thread displays that are enclosed
    > with a '+' symbol. It's as if everyone
    > composes a new post as a reply rather
    > than replies to a current post.
    >
    > a.c.p.v.ati and a.g.m.flight-sim are
    > affected by this but c.p.nomad and
    > a.f.mozilla are listed correctly.
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea what is
    > wrong?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Mart.
    >
    > "I'd rather be no-one than someone with no-one"

    Go to the problem group. Click View>>Messages. There should be a check
    mark next to Threaded. If there isn't, put one there.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 17, 2003