    I'm using the news.akl.ihug.co.nz server. This finds the nz.comp and nz.tech newsgroups in Outlook Express and allows me to download all the messages.

    But with Thunderbird nz.comp and nz.tech aren't listed as being on the news.akl.ihug.co.nz server. Lots and lots of other groups, but not those two. I've tried refreshing the list with no joy.

    Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

    Malone, Nov 30, 2010

  2. Malone

    Malone Guest

    Whoops!!

    I've found them! The search system seems to be rather different between OE and Thunderbird. Searching for "nz.comp" and "nz.tech" gets me nothing in Thunderbird, but they appear when I search for "comp" and "tech". Strange.

    I'm migrating from Outlook Express to Thunderbird and having problems with newsgroups.

    Malone, Nov 30, 2010

  3. On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 13:33:41 +1300, "Malone" <>
    wrote:

    >I'm migrating from Outlook Express to Thunderbird and having problems with newsgroups.
    >
    >I'm using the news.akl.ihug.co.nz server. This finds the nz.comp and nz.tech newsgroups in Outlook Express and allows me to download all the messages.
    >
    >But with Thunderbird nz.comp and nz.tech aren't listed as being on the news.akl.ihug.co.nz server. Lots and lots of other groups, but not those two. I've tried refreshing the list with no joy.
    >
    >Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

    Yes use a Real News Reader..

    William Brown, Nov 30, 2010