    I had this problem a few years ago but don't remember how II fixed it.

    Thanksa,

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 17, 2006

  2. Mike

    Bruce Hagen Guest

    Tools | Options | Read. Uncheck: Get XXX headers at a time. When you go to
    the newsgroup, it will download all available messages on the server.

    Some like to check: Include this account when checking for new messages in:
    Tools | Accounts | News Account(s) | Properties | General. This will
    download new messages when OE poles for e-mails, whatever you have it set
    to.

    Note that servers only keep messages for a certain period of time. Once they
    are deleted from the server, you won't see them in OE any more. This
    newsgroup is currently saving posts for 90 days.
    --
    Bruce Hagen
    MS-MVP Outlook Express

    Bruce Hagen, Sep 17, 2006

  3. Mike

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    You can try this: Tools > Options > Maintenance tab > Cleanup Now button
    > Reset button.

    Another way is to simply unsubscribe from the group and then subscribe
    again.

    ---
    Ted Zieglar
    "Backup is a computer user's best friend."

    Ted Zieglar, Sep 17, 2006
  4. Mike

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > One of the Internet newsgroup in my OE Folder List will only display
    > message in date range 1/08/06 to 4/15/06.
    > I want it to display messages after 4/15/06. How do I fix it?
    > I had this problem a few years ago but don't remember how II fixed it.

    If OE gets outawhack with the newsserver's scheme of message numbering,
    it can't communicate properly to get the messages. You need to do what
    I call 'reset the pointers'.

    You select the newsgroup in question in the folder view and R click or
    use File/ Properties so that you can access the Local file tab and use
    its Reset button which sez 'this will delete all headers and message
    bodies and will reset the folder so that headers will be re-downloaded"

    Then, all of the messages and their headers will disappear [sometimes
    rather slowly] from the view of the message headers. At that point, how
    you re-download the headers depends upon your configuration. I prefer
    to be configured to download headers xxxx messages at a time, ranging
    from 300-1000 depending upon what I'm doing. That configuration is in
    OE/ Tools/ Options/ Read tab - which can also be configured as
    unchecked, so that it gets new headers in a different way than xxx at a
    time.

    Then, you use your Tools/ Get next xxxx headers function and start
    downloading headers. You should be able to go back as far as the
    newsserver has retained the messages. If the messages are no longer on
    the server, eventually you will get back to 'the end' at which time the
    newsserver has no more messages retained. I don't know the retention of
    your newsserver.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 17, 2006
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    > Then, all of the messages and their headers will disappear [sometimes
    > rather slowly] from the view of the message headers. At that point, how
    > you re-download the headers depends upon your configuration. I prefer
    > to be configured to download headers xxxx messages at a time, ranging
    > from 300-1000 depending upon what I'm doing. That configuration is in
    > OE/ Tools/ Options/ Read tab - which can also be configured as
    > unchecked, so that it gets new headers in a different way than xxx at a
    > time.
    >
    > Then, you use your Tools/ Get next xxxx headers function and start
    > downloading headers. You should be able to go back as far as the
    > newsserver has retained the messages. If the messages are no longer on
    > the server, eventually you will get back to 'the end' at which time the
    > newsserver has no more messages retained. I don't know the retention of
    > your newsserver.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    That did it thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 17, 2006
  6. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "Bruce Hagen" <> wrote in message
    > Tools | Options | Read. Uncheck: Get XXX headers at a time. When you go to
    > the newsgroup, it will download all available messages on the server.
    >
    > Some like to check: Include this account when checking for new messages
    > in: Tools | Accounts | News Account(s) | Properties | General. This will
    > download new messages when OE poles for e-mails, whatever you have it set
    > to.
    >
    > Note that servers only keep messages for a certain period of time. Once
    > they are deleted from the server, you won't see them in OE any more. This
    > newsgroup is currently saving posts for 90 days.
    > --
    > Bruce Hagen
    > MS-MVP Outlook Express
    > ~IB-CA~
    >
    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >> One of the Internet newsgroup in my OE Folder List will only display
    >> message in date range 1/08/06 to 4/15/06.
    >> I want it to display messages after 4/15/06. How do I fix it?
    >> I had this problem a few years ago but don't remember how II fixed it.
    >>
    >> Thanksa,
    >>
    >> Mike

    Sorry, but it didn't work

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 17, 2006
  7. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "Ted Zieglar" <> wrote in message
    > You can try this: Tools > Options > Maintenance tab > Cleanup Now button
    > > Reset button.

    > Another way is to simply unsubscribe from the group and then subscribe
    > again.
    >
    > ---
    > Ted Zieglar
    > "Backup is a computer user's best friend."
    >
    > Mike wrote:
    >> One of the Internet newsgroup in my OE Folder List will only display
    >> message in date range 1/08/06 to 4/15/06.
    >> I want it to display messages after 4/15/06. How do I fix it?
    >> I had this problem a few years ago but don't remember how II fixed it.
    >>
    >> Thanksa,
    >>
    >> Mike

    I thought about resubscribing but wanted to try too fix it firstr.

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 17, 2006
  8. Mike

    DemoDisk Guest

    Who wins the election? Gawd, please don't tell us Cheney is president!
    (again)

    DemoDisk, Sep 18, 2006
  9. Mike

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 01:35:24 GMT, "Mike" <> wrote:

    >One of the Internet newsgroup in my OE Folder List will only display message
    >in date range 1/08/06 to 4/15/06.
    >I want it to display messages after 4/15/06. How do I fix it?
    >I had this problem a few years ago but don't remember how II fixed it.

    You are using US date format. You should change it to a valid format.

    >Thanksa,
    >
    >Mike

    Barry
    =====