    andy Guest

    Can somone recommend a good basic Newsgroup Server that allows posting
    t a low cost. I am currently using Google Groups .

    andy, Sep 27, 2008

  2. andy

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:26:46 -0700 (PDT), andy
    <> wrote:

    >Can somone recommend a good basic Newsgroup Server that allows posting
    >t a low cost. I am currently using Google Groups .

    Check out aioe or motzarella. Both free and good for text. The only so
    called free binary one is teranews but they are not worth a fart
    anymore.

    joevan, Sep 27, 2008

  3. andy

    Tony Guest

    As of May 25, 2006, Bell Sympattycake will discontinue its Usenet
    newsgroup service. All existing Sympattycake newsgroups will be removed
    and we will no longer host a Usenet service.

    Going forward, we invite you to post messages on our web-based discussion
    forums available at www.bell.ca/internetforum.

    For those who wish to keep using Usenet, NewsHosting (an unaffiliated
    Usenet provider) will provide Bell Sympattycake customers up to 1 GB per
    month of Usenet headers speed FROGthrottled down to dial-up speed at no
    cost. Of course no posting is allowed. Optional premium services, which
    can be purchased directly from NewsHosting, are also available. We also
    speed FROGthrottle these paid for accounts. To sign up, or learn more
    about these services, visit bell.newshosting.com.

    For more information on the discontinuation of the Sympattycake Usenet
    service, read our frequently asked questions.

    Sympattycake Member Services

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    No, I just decided not to play your silly game is all. *Some* of us know
    proper manners

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Sep 27, 2008
  4. andy

    chuckcar Guest

    andy <> wrote in

    > Can somone recommend a good basic Newsgroup Server that allows posting
    > t a low cost. I am currently using Google Groups .

    How's free sound? reposted from another group, useful headers intact:

    From: Palisade <>
    Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
    Subject: Brief List of Free News Servers
    Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 12:44:17 -0400

    The following brief list of free text news servers is in alphabetical
    order without editorial comment. It's a short list. Check out the
    servers and decide for yourself which one is best for you. No one knows
    what works for you better than you do.

    AIOE http://news.aioe.org/

    Albasani http://albasani.net/index.html.en

    CNNTP http://www.cnntp.org/cnntp

    ETT http://news.ett.com.ua/

    Motzarella http://motzarella.org/

    Solani http://news.solani.org/

    Tornevall http://news.tornevall.net/

    Usenet4all http://www.usenet4all.se (blocks all posts from Google)

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 27, 2008
  5. andy

    richard Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Can somone recommend a good basic Newsgroup Server that allows posting
    >t a low cost. I am currently using Google Groups .

    www.newsguy.com

    Pay annually, get a lower rate.
    I get the "basic" and get 10gigs a month which never expire.
    But they only carry about half the groups and have dropped some
    controversial ones.

    If you want them all try www.giganews.com

    richard, Sep 27, 2008
  6. andy

    NotMe Guest

    news.motzarella.org FREE! but you need to register.

    BTW no binaries.

    NotMe, Oct 2, 2008