    servers, can't seem to find it any more. Anyone?

    Been using newshosting for over 2 years but they seem to be going down
    hill past couple of months. Comments/Recommendations?

    Sherry, May 11, 2007

  2. Sherry

    Mike Easter Guest

    Sherry wrote:
    > Thought at one time there was a usenet group for discussion on
    > servers, can't seem to find it any more. Anyone?
    >
    > Been using newshosting for over 2 years but they seem to be going down
    > hill past couple of months. Comments/Recommendations?

    Pay ng is alt.usenet.news-server.comparison

    Free ng is alt.free.newsservers

    Which commercial NSP you choose depends on various factors about what
    your needs are. Or, you can do a lot with free newsservers. If you are
    into binaries you have to consider retention and completeness from
    redundancy. If you are into text, you might also want to consider
    retention if you don't want to try to google something google doesn't
    have.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 11, 2007

  3. Sherry

    Plato Guest

    Sherry wrote:

    > Thought at one time there was a usenet group for discussion on
    > servers, can't seem to find it any more. Anyone?
    >
    > Been using newshosting for over 2 years but they seem to be going down
    > hill past couple of months. Comments/Recommendations?

    http://www.newscene.com/
    Never had a problem with the above service.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 12, 2007
  4. Sherry

    Sherry Guest

    Thanks Plato, I used them before I went to newshosting.com. Newscene
    was ok, but they were not responsive to adding new groups, so I
    switched to Newshoting, wich was very good for a while, but I
    understand someone bought them out and since then things have gotten
    progressivly worse as far as fixing problems. My last request on
    problems had to do with both speed on article download and inability
    to get new headers in certain groups. Had the same problem a month ago
    and they fixed it, now they are telling me to try a different
    newsreader.........I have been using agent since long before using
    them, so time to find someone else, looks like giganews may be my best
    bet, but pricey.

    Sherry, May 12, 2007
  5. Sherry

    Sherry Guest

    On Fri, 11 May 2007 14:04:36 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    wrote:

    >Sherry wrote:
    >> Thought at one time there was a usenet group for discussion on
    >> servers, can't seem to find it any more. Anyone?
    >>
    >> Been using newshosting for over 2 years but they seem to be going down
    >> hill past couple of months. Comments/Recommendations?

    >Pay ng is alt.usenet.news-server.comparison
    >
    >Free ng is alt.free.newsservers
    >
    >Which commercial NSP you choose depends on various factors about what
    >your needs are. Or, you can do a lot with free newsservers. If you are
    >into binaries you have to consider retention and completeness from
    >redundancy. If you are into text, you might also want to consider
    >retention if you don't want to try to google something google doesn't
    >have.

    Thanks Mike, found it. I don't mind paying as long as I get what I pay
    for. Free and ISP servers just don't cut it.

    Sherry, May 12, 2007

    http://news.individual.net

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, May 12, 2007
  7. Sherry

    Plato Guest

    Sherry wrote:

    > Thanks Plato, I used them before I went to newshosting.com. Newscene
    > was ok, but they were not responsive to adding new groups, so I

    Thanks for the feedback. Seems like good newshosters are fading fast.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 12, 2007