    And how come some posts are missing, ie, my friend has posts on same
    newsgroup, that do no show up on mine?

    thanks, Lanna
    lanna1629, Aug 20, 2005

  2. lanna1629

    trout Guest

    lanna1629 wrote:

    > how come, i can only get one days worth of downloads, do I have a
    > max, its only 43, it used to be more.
    > and how come, when I "get nex 300", there are more available, but
    > they do not download? is this my ISP problem or mine?
    >
    > And how come some posts are missing, ie, my friend has posts on same
    > newsgroup, that do no show up on mine?
    >
    > thanks, Lanna

    Newsgroups may propagate differently, on different news servers.
    Does your friend use the same one as you?
    But chances are, it's an OE problem. So you do regular maintenance
    on your OE folders?
    It's possible that the newsgroup folder has been corrupted. You
    could try to unsubscribe, and then resubscribe; or, reset the group. To
    do this, right-click the newsgroup folder (on the folder list), select
    Properties, Local File, and Reset.
    --
    A couple of possibilities.
    trout, Aug 20, 2005

  3. lanna1629

    lanna1629 Guest

    thanks for the ideas, I just reset, and that did show more, and you
    mentioned regular maintenance on mail folders,
    can you explain this more? Thanks for your help . lanna
    lanna1629, Aug 20, 2005
  4. lanna1629

    trout Guest

    lanna1629 wrote:

    > thanks for the ideas, I just reset, and that did show more, and you
    > mentioned regular maintenance on mail folders,
    > can you explain this more? Thanks for your help . lanna

    You should do this yourself on a fairly regular basis. The default
    in OE is to have these tasks automated- see Tools; Options; Maintenance
    tab. You should not allow "compact messages in background", as this is
    one of the most frequent reasons for file corruption in OE.
    Basically, you should just delete old messages (or move them to a
    different folder, if one (like your Inbox) is getting too full. You can
    create new folders to organize what you're going to keep. And regularly
    compact your folders to regain wasted space, and speed the program up.
    Have a wander around this site for all sorts of good tips and
    information:
    http://www.insideoe.tomsterdam.com/
    --
    Lots of good stuff.